Link (hopefully) to my decluttered boys room - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-18-2011, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm going to try to post a link to DS 1 and 2's bedroom. We have done major decluttering and simplifying in here. They use the desk to study. They keep their favorite books in the bookcase. Their in-season clothes are in the underbed drawers.

The closet (not pictured) is in pretty good shape, but not quite there yet. It's small, though, so it shouldn't be hard to organize!

All of their toys are in our playroom.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44030825@N02/5367183091/in/photostream/

We need to paint the walls in their room. Any color ideas? We need to stay neutral, since we do plan to sell our house within the next year or so.

Thanks!

#2 of 8 Old 01-18-2011, 11:47 AM

Wow!  Looks great!

#3 of 8 Old 01-18-2011, 12:25 PM

i think a nice neutral color for that room would be a really pale honey / champagne, or a light sage green.

edited to add: you did a really good job!

#4 of 8 Old 01-18-2011, 05:35 PM

You did a great job. Everything looks very neat. I also think a golden beige would be good.Additionally, I would suggest putting both beds on the same wall facing the same direction.Can the underbed drawers be set up to open on the opposite side of the bed?It will be less visually confusing for prospective buyers to have the beds not going two different directions.The room will seem larger. 

#5 of 8 Old 01-18-2011, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the opinions! I was also thinking a tan would be the best bet. The only problem is that I am mentally choosing that color for almost every room in my house! I don't want every room to look the same, but I don't want to go crazy with colors either. I plan to post the other rooms soon for advice.

As far as putting both beds along the same wall, I would love to do that. But the corner of the room (where the desk is) is SO cold and gets damp at times. This bedroom is over an unheated garage. But maybe when we finally put the house on the market, I will move the beds like that. I agree that it would look better. Thanks!

#6 of 8 Old 01-18-2011, 06:38 PM

So dreamy (pun intended winky.gif )

I'd paint it a light khaki green - like a beige with a green undertone.

#7 of 8 Old 01-19-2011, 05:30 AM

If you want something other than tan a nice gray with maybe a tiny hint of green might be nice. Looks so nice.

Mom to: Honey (6/04) and Bunny (9/09)
#8 of 8 Old 01-19-2011, 05:37 AM

exactly what I was thinking. the green is a complementary color to the red curtains (is that the right word - complementary? - across the color wheel).

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledutch View Post

i think a nice neutral color for that room would be a really pale honey / champagne, or a light sage green.

edited to add: you did a really good job!

DS, 10/07. Allergies: peanut, egg, wheat. We've added dairy back in. And taken it back out again. It causes sandpaper skin with itchy patches and thrashing during sleep. Due w/ #2 late April, 2012.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page