Need a new mop! Any rec's pleas? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-23-2011, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Right now I have the Veleda twist mop and bucket. It comes off and can be washed, but it isn't that easy for me to take it off. I'm so sick of sweeping and mopping only to have to do it again right after!

What does everyone use and love?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2011, 07:28 PM

I have a Shark steam mop and it is awesome.  It has washable/reusable pads and doesn't leave a wet mess on the floor or need to be rinsed.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:40 AM

Eureka Enviro-steamer. 

And I don't sweep.  I feel as though it just pushes dirt around (which re-settles everywhere).  I vacuum first.

Sgt. Renninger, Ofc. Owens, Ofc. Griswold, Ofc. Richards, Deputy Mundell
Gone but not fogotten.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:11 PM

those of you with steam mops what do you think ?

Old 01-27-2011, 10:19 PM - Thread Starter

Are the steam mops pricey? How much bigger are they then the mop and bucket to store? I like to vacuum, but I don't have one right now.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:27 PM

I also love my steam mop.

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:25 AM

ENJO!  It's so easy to use.   I also vacuum first.

SAHM to three
Old 01-28-2011, 11:37 AM

Steam mop love again here! 

For you saying you vacuum first... I hate sweeping but my vacuum doesn't do tile, what kind do you use? 

Madalyn military wife to Chris & proud momma to Jonas 5/17/09
Old 01-28-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madalyn View Post

Steam mop love again here! 

For you saying you vacuum first... I hate sweeping but my vacuum doesn't do tile, what kind do you use? 

We have a Dyson upright which does tiled floors.

I have always wanted to try a steam mop actually, but we have a cork floor in one of our kitchens and they can't be used on cork...so I'm sticking with my Enjo, no bucket needed either which makes it very quick to mop.

SAHM to three
Old 01-28-2011, 06:31 PM

I have a Dyson canister I have to say best vacuum yet ! I went to Costco on black Friday to get it first and last time I'm ever doing that but worth it .

for mop I'm using a scotch brite micro fiber it scrubs great with just a little simple green , I don't rinse

Old 01-28-2011, 06:39 PM

We have the shark steam mop.  I like it a lot. It was about $60 at Target.

I love homemade: cute skirts, apricot jam, and family! 
Old 01-29-2011, 03:52 AM

I have 2 Dysons and love them.  I do a regular "bare floor" run and then I use the hose, to get every nook and cranny, and then use the steam mop.  I chose my steam mop after hours of research on multiple sites.  Very happy.  The steam mop is about the size of a large Swiffer (which I LOATHE).  It's $69 on Amazon right now. 

Gone but not fogotten.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutterwarrior View Post

We have a Dyson upright which does tiled floors.

I have always wanted to try a steam mop actually, but we have a cork floor in one of our kitchens and they can't be used on cork...so I'm sticking with my Enjo, no bucket needed either which makes it very quick to mop.

Oh how i dream of a dyson that vacuums tiles *sigh*  One day! lol   For every day cleaning I use my enjo, which I love... the dust mop head does a really good job, and the mop works really well too.  Every week or so I pull out the steam mop and do a run through with that... especially the the bathrooms and around the toilets (gotta love a house full of boys with bad aim? lol)  

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
Old 01-30-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAHDS View Post

I have 2 Dysons and love them.  I do a regular "bare floor" run and then I use the hose, to get every nook and cranny, and then use the steam mop.  I chose my steam mop after hours of research on multiple sites.  Very happy.  The steam mop is about the size of a large Swiffer (which I LOATHE).  It's $69 on Amazon right now. 

So is your steam mop a dyson too?  I SO want a dyson vacuum.  But we need a mop worse right now...that's why I've been lurking on this thread since it was started.

I'm sort of embarrassed to admit this but we bought a scooba floor cleaning robot a few years ago.  I LOVED that thing.  I would sweep, fill it with water and cleaner, and press a button and leave the room.  Come back an hour later and the floors are clean.  WELL, went to use it a while ago and it was just dead....not sure why or what happened, we didn't mistreat it, drop it, etc.  Did NOTHING wrong and when I called the company, they said they can't fix it and we need to buy a new one for the LOW LOW discount price of something like $289. :(  I posted a scathing review of the company on Amazon, but was so sad b/c I loved using that thing and now I don't want to buy a new one b/c I hate the company.  SO....a mop it will be from now on. :)

Laura- Wife to Jose, Mami to Adela (9/02) reading.gif, Lucas (2/04) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, and Ray (10/10) baby.gif.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurabfig View Post

Quote:

So is your steam mop a dyson too?  I SO want a dyson vacuum.  But we need a mop worse right now...that's why I've been lurking on this thread since it was started.

No, they are both vacuums.  After hours and hours of research, we chose the Eureka Enviro steamer for our steam mop.  It is AWESOME.

Gone but not fogotten.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:44 PM

Quote:
No, they are both vacuums.  After hours and hours of research, we chose the Eureka Enviro steamer for our steam mop.  It is AWESOME.

I just ordered this steam mop yesterday!  Can't wait to get it in the mail (my husband is rolling his eyes at me every time I say I can't wait to get this mop!) :)  the reviews on amazon seemed great.

Laura- Wife to Jose, Mami to Adela (9/02) reading.gif, Lucas (2/04) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, and Ray (10/10) baby.gif.

User Tag List