10 or 15 Minute Sessions of Cleaning~New Thread - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 1753 Old 03-23-2011, 06:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi clutterwarrior. I love when I get unexpected bursts of energy. It's a nice surprise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutterwarrior View Post

Surprised myself after having a lie down, got a burst of energy and have done not just the above cleaning but also...

vacuumed upstairs

vacuumed most of downstairs

mopped bathroom

mopped kitchen

put load of towels on to wash

biggrinbounce.gif

Sure feel hot after doing all that...doesn't help that it is 90 degrees here and nearly 90% humidity, so much for Autumn.... eyesroll.gif

Me afro.jpg reading.gif Wife and Mom to modifiedartist.gif cat.gifdog2.gif.
#302 of 1753 Old 03-23-2011, 06:56 PM

Hi PoetryLover. wave.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoetryLover View Post

Hi clutterwarrior!

I washed the dishes, made supper, picked up the kitchen and swept the floor, but that's it. DS is teething and is super fussy.

Productivity vibes to all~

#303 of 1753 Old 03-24-2011, 08:12 AM

Hello. coolshine.gif I feel so relaxed lately. I hope this feeling continues...

Today I:
*am pondering the wash.gif
*made coffee & breakfast
*got DD off to school
*cleared the kitchen (dishes rinsed, counters cleaned)
*made the bed
*straightened the living room
*took out the trash
*ran an errand
*am studying

Hope you're having a nice day too.

#304 of 1753 Old 03-24-2011, 08:27 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Hi *bejeweled*!

So far I've made the bed, clipped DS's nails, washed a load of laundry, had breakfast, am making lunch and I replaced the batteries in 2 of DS's toys.

I need to wash another load of laundry, plus a load of diapers, wash breakfast and lunch dishes, pick up the bedroom & vacuum the carpet. Maybe some lifetime I'll get around to organizing the changing table. winky.gif

I have to start focusing on packing soon. We plan to move to a bigger place the first of July. I packed away all of my prepregnancy clothes and am going to start packing books. I just don't want to leave things until the last minute, especially as my older DSD will be visiting for the month of June and I don't want it to be all about packing. I want it to be as fun a visit as possible. It's so hard to think about packing, though, when I can barely keep on top of regular chores. Maybe I'll start a thread somewhere about it.

#305 of 1753 Old 03-24-2011, 11:36 AM

Update:

1st load of laundry is in the dryer and the 2nd load is in the washer

Dishes Washed

Bathtub and toilet have been cleaned 

Kitchen, pantry and bathroom floors swept and mopped.

Now on to the bedroom...

#306 of 1753 Old 03-25-2011, 10:26 AM

Hello. I'm off to a slow start. But I'm off.
Today I:
*went to the bank
*went to the grocery store
*made breakfast
*got DD off to school
*cleared the kitchen (dishes rinsed, counters cleaned)
*made the bed
*am currently studying reading.gif

TGIF! jumpers.gif

#307 of 1753 Old 03-25-2011, 01:04 PM

Hello *bejeweled*! 

I spent the day at doctor appointments for DS, lunch out with DH and then we took DS to get his very first haircut. I just feel like napping. It's 4 PM here and I'm going to have to make my afternoon coffee if I am to get anything done. All I want to do is nap. sleeping.gif

#308 of 1753 Old 03-25-2011, 05:54 PM

Hey PoetryLover. I hope you got your well deserved rest. You are expecting aren't you?

#309 of 1753 Old 03-26-2011, 08:06 AM

Hi *bejeweled*! Yes, I'm expecting. I'm almost 20 weeks along. :-)

So far today I've made my bed and relaxed. I've got laundry in the dryer and a load of diapers waiting to go in. I feel well rested today. 

DH took the kids out so I can have a bit of alone time and I'm determined not to spend all of it cleaning, although I may work on the bedroom a bit.

#310 of 1753 Old 03-26-2011, 04:35 PM

No wonder you feel like napping all the time then Poetrylover....enjoy your alone time today!

Today is Sunday so I am not going to do any weekly cleaning, but I am going to get a bit of decluttering done. smile.gif

SAHM to three
#311 of 1753 Old 03-27-2011, 05:23 PM

wave.gif Hi everyone! I haven't been on much but I need some motivation to get some stuff done! Ive totally forgot how totally time consuming newborns can be and DS is definitely more high needs than my girls were. Hes a happy boy but needs constant cuddling/nursing to maintain that happiness. Right now hes sleeping on my arm while I type this..

Weve found out that there is a 99% liklihood that DH will be deploying within 2 weeks of getting to his new unit. Because of that the girls, DS and I will be renting a house near my in-laws instead sof moving directly to North Carolina. A bit of a headache since our household items from over here we won't be getting back until after he comes back from the sand pit (I keep forgetting if hes going to Iraq or Afganistan) so it adds a bunch to the things I need to get done list. Luckily we don't actually own very much in the ways of things that will matter if we have more than one of (only furniture we own is a couch set and only electronics a TV everything else we have is government owned so we had to get almost all new furniture anyway). My in-laws are wonderful though, they have already found a place for us, got us approved, got a move in date, have a living room set and are picking up a bedroom set for the girls, got a bunch of toys for the girls and are planning on moving everything in a few days before we get there so they can clean the house and set everything up.

The movers came last Monday and Tuesday and packed a ton of stuff they weren't suppose to (like a laundry basket full of DS's 0-3 month clothing, Ive found out that 3-6 is so huge on him even at 10+ pounds that it makes it impractical for him to wear them but they didn't take the 12-18 month clothing that was sitting with the rest of the items to be packed) so I need to go through everything that was left behind and figure out what I need to get to live for the next two weeks.. I figured out this morning that they packed every single bowl but none of the pots and pans, the Tupperware lids without the containers and all but 3 pairs of DD1's underwear but luckily not her clothing. Note to self, NEXT MOVE I'M HIRING A BABYSITTER!! It would have been so much easier if I wasn't corralling 3 kids, watching movers, helping DH with a few work related things and answering the phone ringing off the hook. I guess when you tell them NOT to pack something and put up signs that say: "no pack" with a big red X on the bedroom door they don't quite understand what you mean. I would blame the language barrier but the person in charge telling them what to pack spoke perfect English. Funny movers story though, we hadn't rehomed our bearded dragon yet when we had the movers come and they kept trying to pack him. They were seriously going to pack a living animal into a box and put in on a ship were he wouldn't have gotten to the states until 3-6 months from now. Luckily DH caught them trying to do that and made them unpack Spike.

So far this morning Ive showered, dressed, made breakfast, cleaned up afterwards, done 2 loads of laundry and did a load of dishes.. Now I need to do the rest of the to dos for today.

To dos for today...

- 3 more loads of laundry

-list items on yardsale website that we need to get rid of

- take everything that needs to go back to the states and put it in the front room so I can start packing and decide what needs to be mailed back

-look on craiglist in Florida for bedroom sets(for the master bedroom) and dining room sets

- figure out what bedding to get for the girls so we can order it and send it to my in-laws

-Go through DH's gear and inventory it, make a list of what he is missing and wash everything. He needs to turn it in tomorrow

-Clean up the living/dining room, girls room, playroom, bedroom, bathrooms, kitchen

- do dishes.. a lot of them. Ive been slacking lately

-box up can goods/unopened box good in pantry and arrange to have them picked up. We are collecting can/non-parishable goods to send to mainland Japan for the evacuee camps.

-box up any unopened hygiene items we won't be using to send with the food.

- clean out fridge

- clean our freezer

-meal plan for the rest of our time here (planning for 19 days though its probably going to be less)

-find the cleaning sheet of everything we need to do before move out and figure out what I can do now and what will have to wait until later

- think up some creative things to do with the girls. TMO packed up all the toys i had set aside for them to keep thank goodness they had left their favorite animals in bed and we caught the guys before they started trying to pack up in there.

-find out the information for the picture place we want to go get pictures by when we get back to the states. Find out the number and have DH make the reservations

-find out if we can even make reservations at the hotel over here, we have a bunch of people from mainland over here so the hotels might be booked.

Thats it for now I think. If I get this done it will be a miracle. I did recently find out though that DS likes to be on my back (I can safely put him on my back in the beco I have) so I might have more of a chance to do things than I did before.

First thing though Im going to brush my hair. Might now sound like a chore but I have hair down past my rear and I haven't been taking care of it as well as I should be so its knotted. It will probably take a good 15-30 minutes at least to brush it all out.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#312 of 1753 Old 03-27-2011, 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OkiMom View PostFunny movers story though, we hadn't rehomed our bearded dragon yet when we had the movers come and they kept trying to pack him. They were seriously going to pack a living animal into a box and put in on a ship were he wouldn't have gotten to the states until 3-6 months from now. Luckily DH caught them trying to do that and made them unpack Spike.

My goodness they are keen aren't they! lol.gif

Good to hear from you Okimom...hope the move goes well. Sounds like the inlaws are worth their weight in gold! thumb.gif

SAHM to three
#313 of 1753 Old 03-28-2011, 08:53 AM

Wow, OkiMom! I can't believe the movers tried to pack your bearded dragon! The story made me laugh so hard, though. Thanks for sharing. Good luck completing your tasks. Just looking at your list makes me tired, but I remember that always accomplish an amazing amount of things. I'll be moving myself in about 3 months, when I'm about 8 months pregnant, and am determined to get started packing right away, in order to take full advantage of the second trimester. Again, good luck! It's great to see you back on this thread. I know I've been off a while myself.

I had a lot of success cleaning and organizing the bedroom yesterday and actually went through a huge box of papers that I've been putting off. I'm super proud of myself! I still have to organize the closet and the changing table. It's funny, not long ago, I had boxes and boxes of papers and miscellaneous stuff, and I've gone through it all. The only exception is a drawer of papers in my bedroom and a couple big piles on the computer desk, along with overflowing mail in the envelope holder by the door. But, basically, it's just these 3 areas I have to deal with. I do still have some papers in my filing cabinet (the locked cabinet with the broken key; we're going to have to cut it open with special clippers and ruin the cabinet in order to get inside.) So I guess there are 4 places with paper clutter to deal with. I need to make a Home Management Binder and a Financial Awareness Binder.

clutterwarrior & OkiMom, I wish you both tons of productivity today!

#314 of 1753 Old 03-28-2011, 12:31 PM

Hi everyone. wave.gif It's great to "see" you OkiMom.

It's been a good couple of days. Saturday I took DD to her piano lesson and then we spent most of the day at the open house of the local Animal and Bird clinic. It was so cool. DD was able to pet a huge 5 foot long iguana and a python and we saw so many other exotic animals. Yesterday was a big study and craft day and then DD and I went on a nice walk.

Today I:
*ran errands
*studied
*made breakfast
*got DD off to school
*cleared the kitchen
*took out the trash
*made up the bed

I hope to relax and maybe study a bit more later. Hope you're having a nice day.

#315 of 1753 Old 03-28-2011, 08:28 PM

Clutter- my inlaws are great but it takes some getting use to. I come from a family that you do it all yourself and never ask for help for anything. Its hard for me to let go and let others help me. My hubby's family is one where everything is a group project, if something needs to get done everyone throws in any help they can. Its going to be interesting living so close to family, growing up I looked forward to the day I could move several hours away from my family and contact them through phone, letters and the occasional visit.. now Im going to be living down the street from family..

Poetry- Take it easy! Pregnancy is hard work as it is, make sure you don't overdo it. As for the move, Ive moved a ton the sooner you can start the easier it is because you can do things a little bit at a time. Start with the things that are rarely used or seasonal and work the way from there.. Only reason I never packed for this move is because if you pack your own stuff its not covered under the mover's insurance, if something happens to my household goods I want to be reimbursed for it. Oh make sure you don't lift anything to heavy, make your husband do the heavy lifting. Or consider hosting a moving party with your friends, Ive done that a few times and its fun.. good company and help getting the move done.

Hi Bejeweled! The animal and bird clinic sounds fun! The girls would have loved to do something like that.

Yesterday was an almost wash but I did get the 3 loads of laundry done, cleaned the back of the house and found some cute bedding for the girls. I need to run it by my MIL to see if I can order it and have her pick it up at the Walmart close to where she lives. Also found a couple bedroom sets and 1 dining room set on Craigslist that I liked so my FIL is calling them today.

So far today Ive:

done almost all the pan/bowl washing, 2 loads of pans left

made brownies for a treat after dinner tonight

wiped down half the sinks and the oven

emptied and reloaded the dishwasher

cleaned out the freezer

cleaned out the fridge

Did 2 loads of laundry (even folded and put them away)

Need to

Do 4 more loads of laundry- 2 more to go, ones in the washer, one in the dryer

Clean the rest of the kitchen (finish dishes, finish wiping down sinks, sweep and mop floors)

Work on the living room/dining room (organize things to pack, sweep, mop, wipe down dining room table)

If time items:

e-mail aunt

to dos for the rest of the week

meal plan for the next 18 days

box up unneeded hygiene and food items, contact lady about drop off

Read through instructions on cross stitch kit and organize threads

find beanie knitting pattern and cast on (Im trying to make the baby a couple of beanies since its been COLD lately)

Before anything else though the baby needs to nurse and the girls lunch.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#316 of 1753 Old 03-29-2011, 12:02 AM

Finished all the cleaning except laundry, can't make my dryer dry faster than it is will to.

I e-mailed my aunt, boxed up the cans/nonparishable and sent an e-mail to the lady in charge of gathering them together.

Next Im going to do the to-dos for the rest of the week and work on a meal plan.

#317 of 1753 Old 03-29-2011, 02:03 AM

finished the meal plan and to dos for the week.. Went to grab my knitting needles and realized that the right size ones had gotten packed so couldn't do that one. Made dinner, ate and cleaned up from it. Took dinner out of the freezer for dinner tomorrow and rotated the laundry again.

I'm going to go bathe the girls, brush teeth and put them to bed. When they are sleeping Ill work on the cross stitch kit. Then I'm done for the day..

Tomorrow to dos:

- laundry  (however many I get done)

- Bathrooms: clean toilets, wipe down sinks/tubs/showers, sweep/mop

- Girls room: pick up DH's gear, list bed on yard sale website, clear anything out that needs to be backed, sweep/mop

If time:

Make family coloring books (need to find the website I found before to do them)

Do some worksheets with the girls

Go to the park with the girls if its nice out

Set aside all clothing except for 3-4 outfits each (more for the baby)

Make grocery shopping list

Work on cross stitch kit

Watch the new episode of Amazing Race on line Bolt.gif

#318 of 1753 Old 03-29-2011, 12:02 PM

Hello.
This morning has been reflective. I've been journaling on where I've been and how far I've come. I'm so glad I took this time for ME. coolshine.gif

Today I hope to:
*take DD to the barn treehugger.gif
*study well

So far I:
*made breakfast
*got DD off to school
*cleaned the kitchen
*took out the trash
*made up the bed
*cleaned the litter box yikes.gif
*made lunch
*washed a load of towels

#319 of 1753 Old 03-29-2011, 12:04 PM

OkiMom, the Amazing Race is my absolute favorite show! We love it and watch it as a family. DD's favorite team has the pink hair.

[quote name="OkiMom" Watch the new episode of Amazing Race on line Bolt.gif[/quote]

#320 of 1753 Old 03-29-2011, 03:44 PM

bejeweled- My in-laws got me hooked last time I visited so now I watch the episodes online after they air. Cable over here is so expensive and I watch maybe 2 shows (Amazing Race and 19 kids and counting) so it doesn't make sense to pay for cable. Im glad Im not the only one that watches Amazing Race, sometimes it seems like a waste of time to watch TV but then I remind myself its relaxing and leads to a lot of great conversations. We were watching an older season where they went to India and it lead to DD asking questions and us researching the country.

How often do you write in your journal? I keep wanting to keep one but its hard for me to remember to write in it. I keep telling myself i will and I never do. I have like 10 journals sitting around though because my husband keeps buying them for me thinking Ive ran our of paper in the last one and thats why I haven't been writing in anything.

Im TIRED this morning, its going to be hard to get myself moving. Ive spent the last 30 minutes making faces at the baby so he laughs. Now I need to get up and do something. Im going to go make breakfast, rotate laundry, shower, get everyone dressed, brush teeth and clean up the breakfast mess. After that Im going to work on cleaning up the girls room then move to the bathrooms. If I get all that done Ill come back and update the thread..

#321 of 1753 Old 03-29-2011, 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OkiMom View Post

Clutter- my inlaws are great but it takes some getting use to. I come from a family that you do it all yourself and never ask for help for anything. Its hard for me to let go and let others help me. My hubby's family is one where everything is a group project, if something needs to get done everyone throws in any help they can. Its going to be interesting living so close to family, growing up I looked forward to the day I could move several hours away from my family and contact them through phone, letters and the occasional visit.. now Im going to be living down the street from family..

I am in a similar situation....my family are all split up round the world, and we were basically on our own once we left home!  My husband's family are the opposite, they all live in this city, and if there is a problem or something that needs to be tackled, they all pitch in and help each other. It does take some getting used to....I still find it a bit hard to get used to, and at times I secretly wish my inlaws lived in another town! But you have to learn to take the good with the bad I have found, and the advantages sure outweigh the disadvantages! winky.gif

SAHM to three
#322 of 1753 Old 03-29-2011, 11:52 PM

Poetry, thanks for the productivity wish the other day...I am sure it worked!  thumb.gif

Bejeweled that is lovely that you take the time to do that....I agree that it is a great thing to spend some time journaling. It is something I should really do.

Hope you are all having a good day.

Today I have...

emptied both dishwashers

brought in all washing

put clothes away

put towels in to wash

made beds

cleaned bathroom mirrors

vacuumed upstairs

did some creative stuff

To do:

clean toilets

dust furniture in entryway

open and sort mail

SAHM to three
#323 of 1753 Old 03-30-2011, 05:55 AM

Hi OkiMom, I write in it daily. Just little snippets. But I've been doing it for over ten years. It's a wonderful way to stay in touch with self and to track special moments.
Quote:

How often do you write in your journal? I keep wanting to keep one but its hard for me to remember to write in it. I keep telling myself i will and I never do. I have like 10 journals sitting around though because my husband keeps buying them for me thinking Ive ran our of paper in the last one and thats why I haven't been writing in anything.

#324 of 1753 Old 03-30-2011, 06:41 AM

Hope you're having a good day.

Today I:
*made breakfast
*got DD off to school
*cleaned the kitchen
*took out the trash
*made the bed
*studied well reading.gif
*did a quick grocery trip
*took DD to Bible study heartbeat.gif
*am about to tuck her in sleepytime.gif

Have a good night.

#325 of 1753 Old 03-30-2011, 06:45 AM

nod.gif DD (8) has learned about so many countries and cultures from the Amazing Race. It's incredibly awesome. She's always asking questions and she remembers so much more than we do about past seasons.
Quote:

We were watching an older season where they went to India and it lead to DD asking questions and us researching the country.

#326 of 1753 Old 03-30-2011, 07:57 AM

Hi *Bejeweled*. clutterwarrior and OkiMom!

*bejeweled* and OkiMom, I've journaled for years myself. I try to journal everyday, but sometimes I'm just not able to. I do find that it helps me discover creative solutions to problems, process my emotions and to regain perspective, plus to keep in touch with my hopes and dreams, as well as see how very far I've come.

OkiMom, thanks so much for the packing advice! I'm trying to get all that I can get done before the third trimester and before my older DSD arrives for a month at the end of May. I want her time with us to be as relaxing and fun as it can be. Luckily we have a very small place and younger DSD (who lives with us full time) is old enough to pack her own things with a little direction and guidance.

Starting today I'm going to make it a goal to pack one box or area a day, or work on decluttering one area. If I keep to that goal, I should have most of it done by 2 months, except for the things we absolutely need to keep out to use on  a daily basis.

Some things I need to do today:

Make bed

Nurse DS down for nap

Wash breakfast dishes

Fold/put away diapers

Finish bedroom closet

Exercise

Sweep kitchen floor

#327 of 1753 Old 03-30-2011, 08:06 AM

heartbeat.gif Yes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoetryLover View Post

I've journaled for years myself. I try to journal everyday, but sometimes I'm just not able to. I do find that it helps me discover creative solutions to problems, process my emotions and to regain perspective, plus to keep in touch with my hopes and dreams, as well as see how very far I've come.

#328 of 1753 Old 03-31-2011, 07:29 AM

Good Morning. coolshine.gif

Today I:
*hope to go to the grocery store
*started studying already smile.gif
*made coffee & breakfast
*got DD off to school
*cleaned the kitchen
*made the bed
*wiped down the bathroom

I'll be checking in. Have a nice day.

#329 of 1753 Old 03-31-2011, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutterwarrior View Post

Quote:

I am in a similar situation....my family are all split up round the world, and we were basically on our own once we left home!  My husband's family are the opposite, they all live in this city, and if there is a problem or something that needs to be tackled, they all pitch in and help each other. It does take some getting used to....I still find it a bit hard to get used to, and at times I secretly wish my inlaws lived in another town! But you have to learn to take the good with the bad I have found, and the advantages sure outweigh the disadvantages! winky.gif

Your family sounds like mine only I was pretty much on my own except a roof over my head since I was 16 and graduated high school. After that I was pretty much doing my own thing, I am grateful though my Dad still let me live at home, some of my friends weren't so fortunate.

When DD2 was in the NICU my husbands family was all going to pool their money and send one of them out here to help out if she was going to be in there any longer than a week. They are all planning on visiting Florida as soon as we get there, even his brother is taking leave so he can see DH before DH deploys. I tease my hubby his family is a little crazy but I love them.

#330 of 1753 Old 03-31-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *bejeweled* View Post

Hi OkiMom, I write in it daily. Just little snippets. But I've been doing it for over ten years. It's a wonderful way to stay in touch with self and to track special moments.

Its great you can do that! I wish I had the motivation. I keep telling myself Im going to start because I want my children to be able to read it when they are older (and wonder if they ever did this or that) but I lack the motivation. Im telling myself this move is my way to start new and I can start working on the things that I need to

Quote:
Originally Posted by *bejeweled* View Post

nod.gif DD (8) has learned about so many countries and cultures from the Amazing Race. It's incredibly awesome. She's always asking questions and she remembers so much more than we do about past seasons.

Im half teasing DH that Im going to use it when I start homeschooling the girls. I would love them to get a peak into the countries that we study. I think we have Japan covered though. Its funny when they go to Japan DD will correct them on stuff.. Like the way to pronounce words (we don't speak but DD has picked some up from friends) or guess whats going to happen. Last time when they were there she said "watch mama someone is going to hit the side of someone's car", like two minutes later one of the girl teams clipped someone's mirrors. Its very common for things like that to happen over here.

Tags
Non Toxic Cleaning , Mrs Meyers Cleaning Day

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page