10 or 15 Minute Sessions of Cleaning~New Thread - Page 21 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#601 of 1753 Old 06-13-2011, 08:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I do everything in 15 minute spurts. smile.gif Then I come here and log it.

Me afro.jpg reading.gif Wife and Mom to modifiedartist.gif cat.gifdog2.gif.
#602 of 1753 Old 06-13-2011, 09:25 PM

I don't generally work in 15 minute lots, unless I need motivation to get off my behind and do something then I will set the timer for 15 minutes!

Normally I just write my to do list and work through it over the day.

So I really don't mind what the thread gets called, 15 minute sessions, or accountability list, whatever people want, I will continue to post.

The 2011 thread is about twice as long as this one!   I am not entirely sure, but I don't think we need to start a new thread just yet?

SAHM to three
#603 of 1753 Old 06-14-2011, 08:32 AM

Good Morning Ladies. Hey CW. wave.gif

So far I've done a few 15 minute spurts. smile.gif I vote to keep the title as is.

I::
*made breakfast
*took DD to the barn treehugger.gif
*made coffee
*took out the trash
*made the bed
*started studying
*had lunch w/DH
*picked up DD
*got snow cones smile.gif
*am now relaxing
*made dinner
*studied some

I just had the real understanding that DD is going to be 9 this year. She has matured so much since last summer. She keeps herself busy with her crafts, goes to the pool with her friends (without me), is at horseriding camp all day now. I'm just realizing how much she has grown. happytears.gif

#604 of 1753 Old 06-14-2011, 11:00 AM

aww, Bejeweled, I can't imagine! Mine is almost three and even though I have LOTS of moments when doing more stuff by herself sounds awesome, I'm already feeling that amazing, aching pride that comes with her growing independence!

I am also in the do it throughout the day/ use a timer for a set amount when I need the motivation camp. Have been double-dipping between this and the 1 to 10 minutes thread, so that's got me actually using the timer more. I will be happy for it to stay a "15 minute spurts" thread even if I'm using it to manage to-do lists as well. Sometimes I feel annoyed at how little I can accomplish in fifteen minutes, but then other times it's nice to see the progress that can be made! Also, I want to start listing the other things I end up doing along the way, so I can see how full that "done" list really is!

I haven't had a spray bottle at all since I moved, so I broke down yesterday and bought a spray bottle from the dollar store, so now I have no excuse not to take care of the windows & mirrors, lol. Last night I vacuumed superquick but sufficiently!

Today

I slept in and DIDN'T make COFFEE! >shrug< As I got materials ready to do some much-needed scrubbing in the bathroom, I stopped to put on my shoes and thought of fly lady (I dressed "TTL" as she'd say) so I went ahead and made the bed.... ok back to list mode!

-made the bed

-scrubbed the bathroom tiles some more... they are never really clean. Also did sink and mirrors.

-pulled out my old computer and resolved to get rid of it. (actually I hauled it over to a place that buys them but they wouldn't take it because the screen has a scratch... lame!)

-put all the dishes away and washed the drying rack, yay.

sometimes I think it's about fooling yourself into thinking it will only take 15 minutes lol. This afternoon I did:

-more dishes of course, wiped down kitchen counters.

-removed glass pieces & wiped down wooden part of coffee table... since I already had the soapy water and it was still good, I went ahead and wiped down this little cabinet/shelf thing I scored at a sidewalk sale a couple weeks ago and only gave a dry wipedown before putting in D's play area blush.gif.. so I'm glad that got done too! But meanwhile I decided to save the glass pieces for later today, when I tackle:

-WINDOWS

queue

>PC maintenance

>laundry

>sweep kitchen, wet clean floor

>reorganize closets

>donation dropoff

>list cloth diapers on here, CL, something because they're not moving on DS or the classifieds section of my local meetup.

#605 of 1753 Old 06-14-2011, 11:32 AM

I  don't wannnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaa!  *whine*

Ok, now that I've said that-  I need to play catch up today.  We lost power last night and didn't get it back until a couple hours ago. 

To do:

Vacuum

Mop

Dishes

Laundry

Bathroom cleaning

Dusting

Find the source of the funky smell I noticed coming in from outside.  I have looked, but had no luck. 

#606 of 1753 Old 06-14-2011, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I hope your youngest is feeling better. It must be so hard having your oldest child be so far away on her own. I think I would be laying awake worrying, as well. But I would be willing to bet that you've prepared her well to handle herself in the world. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutterwarrior View Post
My youngest has been sick with a winter virus for the last few weeks, and has been away from school for 6 days now, sure hoping he goes back next week.

I am also worried about my oldest, she is heading off overseas to the UK for the first time on her own, in just 12 days time! bigeyes.gif  So I lay awake last night worrying about her.....

You're right. We should be safe keeping with this thread. I wasn't thinking about how long the other one was.

Quote:

Originally Posted by clutterwarrior View Post

The 2011 thread is about twice as long as this one!   I am not entirely sure, but I don't think we need to start a new thread just yet?

I agree. My personal preference is to keep it as is. Some days the knowledge that I can clean for just 10-15 minutes is enough to get me started cleaning at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *bejeweled* View Post

So far I've done a few 15 minute spurts. smile.gif I vote to keep the title as is.

#607 of 1753 Old 06-14-2011, 12:12 PM

Hi everyone! I've gotten so little accomplished today, but here is what I've done so far:

Made breakfast and lunch

Made the bed

Nursed DS down for nap

Exercised

I'll be back to report my 15 minute increments. It's one of those days where making a list will be intimidating.

#608 of 1753 Old 06-14-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoetryLover View Post

Some days the knowledge that I can clean for just 10-15 minutes is enough to get me started cleaning at all.

yeahthat.gif Exactly! I always accomplish more by doing less at a time.

#609 of 1753 Old 06-14-2011, 01:03 PM

lol.giflol.giflol.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by insidevoice View Post

I  don't wannnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaa!  *whine

#610 of 1753 Old 06-14-2011, 02:18 PM

I started a load of diapers, heated up a load of laundry in the dryer (to get the wrinkles out bag.gif) and washed the breakfast and lunch dishes. DSD put the supper dishes from last night away.

I need some serious energy today.

#611 of 1753 Old 06-14-2011, 02:19 PM

Okay, so far today I have:

*Washed three loads of clothes (out of which I have dried two of those and put one of those away so far)

*Emptied dishwasher, filled and washed and put away another load, and loaded the few little dishes from the last three meals for the next load

*Made eggs for breakfast--kiddo also had a banana

*Kiddo and I both took our vitamins

*Took kiddo to swim lesson

*Went to library--returned two books that were due today and picked up a book I'd requested that was on hold

*Drive through at my fave local coffee shop for iced mocha

*Straightened living room/hallways/entry

*Took out the trash

*Refilled kiddo's water table so he could play

*Hung wet swimsuits and towels on drying rack in guest room and prepped swim bag for tomorrow's lesson

*Scrubbed out dried on gunk from inside microwave and wiped down outside

*Made sandwiches for lunch--we also had grapes and ice water

*Stripped bedding from master bedroom bed (duvet and cover are the third load washed)

*Got kiddo settled for nap

*Read the whole book I just got from the library!!

I hope to do:

*Shower--about to head that way

*Hoop for 30 minutes

*Get the second load of dry stuff put away and the third load drying

*Work on straightening master bedroom, nursery, and bathrooms (just the surface stuff)

*Fix dinner--actually just make the salad and get fixin's ready, DH will grill the hamburgers

*Possibly take kiddo to preschool storytime just before getting him into bed

*Work on my Bible study stuff to be ready for Bible study tomorrow evening

*Remake the bed with the clean bedding

*Relax for a bit with DH before heading to bed 

*Possibly read another chapter in my current book I've got queued up on my Kindle once DH conks out (he heads to bed rather early because he leaves so early for work)

WHEW!! I feel so productive today!!

Married to my computer geek since 11.04.06. Mama to our little dude Bug (born 7.14.09, peanut allergy, asthma) and our rainbow baby girl Sweetpea (born 4.14.13). Forever missing my angel babies--Riley, Paisley, and Waverley!!

Decluttering my life...

#612 of 1753 Old 06-14-2011, 03:00 PM

WOW, texanromaniac, you've been super busy!

In this last session I put the diapers through a second wash, transferred the sheets and towels to the dryer and folded/put away/hung a load of laundry. Plus I drank water. :-)

I also asked DH to pick up pizza...again. redface.gif But DSD isn't complaining. I don't think she likes most of our healthy food. Then again, what teen DOESN'T prefer pizza?

#613 of 1753 Old 06-14-2011, 04:18 PM

What a day texanromaniac. tiphat.gif

#614 of 1753 Old 06-14-2011, 04:43 PM

I put the diapers through a third wash, folded and put away a bunch of laundry that was in my bedroom and DSD was sweet and helped DS pick up his toys. :-) We all pigged out on pizza and had good conversation. 

16 month old DS let us know he had to poop and pooped in the potty!!!

Now DH is kicking me off the computer. :-) I guess it is his turn...

#615 of 1753 Old 06-14-2011, 07:36 PM

My quick tidy of the kitchen morphed into a 4 hour ordeal when I found some mold growing beneath the sink (that was the smell....)  Everything is now clean and shiny, the mold is gone (anything that wasn't on the surface was cut out-  I love power tools!) and all the cupboards ave been purged, and rearranged.  

I did manage to get to some laundry, and I got floors swept and vacuumed, but didn't get around to mopping.

Dinner was made and eaten, the dining area cleaned, the children scrubbed and tucked into bed. 

DS 1 got up immediately after going to bed as his allergies were bothering him.   Benadryl to the rescue!  He's now very asleep. but will hopefully not have his usual over-the top histamine response.

Still to do:

The bathroom, and more laundry.  We had a washer standpipe issue so my bathroom was flooded.  I need to rip out the carpeting. :/

Really though, I am going to do a 5 minute swipe through the bathroom, then step out on the porch to enjoy my little square foot garden for a few minutes.  

#616 of 1753 Old 06-15-2011, 08:23 AM

Hello Everyone. Glad you found the source of the funk insidevoice. That type of thing drives me crazy too.

So far today I:
*made some wonderful caffix.gif
*made breakfast
*took out the trash
*made the bed
*cleaned the kitchen
*picked up DD
*got snow cones smile.gif
*did 4 loads of wash.gif
*took a nap
*studied 3 sessions so far carrot.gif
*made dinner

#617 of 1753 Old 06-15-2011, 08:36 AM

Breakfast has been made

Laundry has been hung out

I've started picking up the toys in the living room- it's time for another rotation- I always know it is when they start taking over again. 

I made coffee

All the windows are open as well as a door so we can enjoy the fresh air before it gets hot this afternoon. I love airing out the house!

Still to do:

More laundry

Deep clean the bathroom

Finish toy rotation

Clear off my desk

Dishes/Kitchen

Mop  (that's never ending round here...)

Water the garden

Clean the fridge

On a related note, my nine year old decided to lie about having done a chore she did not complete yesterday.  As she had a planned sleepover at a friend's house, I did allow her to go to that, but told her that she would need to do more and supervised chores when she came home this morning.  I should probably decide what to delegate to her.  

#618 of 1753 Old 06-15-2011, 10:34 AM

Hi *bejeweled* and insidevoice!

You can do it, *bejeweled*! Here's to quality studying!

insidevoice, thanks for the reminder to open the windows! Also, I hear you on the mopping. I don't mop nearly as often as the floor needs it, but I've been so exhausted lately...

So far I've:

Made coffee

Made breakfast

Transferred the diapers to the dryer

Quick soaked the beans for tonight's supper

Showered

Made lunch

I was actually selected to receive some maternity shirts from Freecycle that I'm super excited about. I've given several things away, but it's the first time I've been selected to receive anything from freecycle. I have to coordinate pickup with the giver and my DH.

The other main thing on my agenda has to do with supper. DSD wants homemade refried beans for burritos tonight and nachos tomorrow night. They're a little labor intensive but so worth it. I have to walk to the drug store at the bottom of the hill to pick up some ingredients (and so DSD can get 2 Father's Day cards, one for DH and one to mail her stepdad). The one for her stepdad will need to be mailed today in order to get there on time, so it's a priority. I'm a little leery of going out walking because the last time I went out with DSD and DS I got terribly lightheaded and actually thought I was going to pass out. I'm sure everything will be fine this time, but I'm a tad nervous. I just can't bear to keep her in another day. I'm afraid I've been boring the poor thing to pieces. :-( Plus, we only have her with us another 1 1/2 weeks and I want her to have some fun memories of our time together. Time flies. It flies, flies, flies...

#619 of 1753 Old 06-15-2011, 11:11 AM

wow TR! I have had days like that but they seem like a distant memory, lol!

I love how my queue just stays the same while thing after thing pops up and gets done instead! :-P Those are like a "not urgent but I'll feel good when I get them done," or "just so I can remember I'm never 'all done'" list!!! I'm a little limited right now because I have to spend every friggin minute that I can working... luckily call volume has been on the slow side for half the morning, but no matter how slow it is, I can't afford a break to do laundry. I never got to the windows & glass yesterday, that's something I might be able to do now. Am on top of dishes. Need literally five minutes to tidy up. Have to hit the grocery store and make a good dinner then run a bath, read a book, & nurse the girl down so I can get back to work!! This will likely be less than a smashing success so I might as well get some chores done now so I feel better about the day overall by the time it's over!!

eta: darn, I forgot to pick up a newspaper yesterday, don't have any so one chore is "out the window" (get it!? nyuk nyuk) but I will get everything picked up and maybe start on those closets.

#620 of 1753 Old 06-15-2011, 11:13 AM

Okay, so far today I have:

*Made oatmeal for the kiddo for breakfast--I had coffee and a granola bar

*Kiddo and I both took our vitamins

*Took kiddo to swim lesson

*Went to Walmart for pool noodles and a few ingredients for cupcakes..as well as sour cream, cheese, and salsa for topping baked potatoes tonight and topping rice and beans tomorrow night

*Drive through at Starbucks for iced cinnamon dolce latte

*Hung wet swimsuits and towels on drying rack in guest room and prepped swim bag for tomorrow's lesson

*Fed myself and the kiddo pita chips and hamburger patties for lunch

*Piddled around on the laptop way too much

I hope to do:

*Get kiddo settled for nap

*Bake some snickerdoodle cupcakes and make some frosting for them for Bible study tonight

*Hoop for 30 minutes

*Shower (gosh our pool is super-chlorinated, just the smell of pool water in my hair makes my eyes burn!!)

*Straighten the master bedroom and master bathroom (just the surface stuff)--this didn't happen yesterday

*Work on my Bible study stuff to be ready for Bible study--this didn't happen yesterday

*Go to Bible study--we eat dinner there (potluck)...

*Get kiddo settled AS SOON AS we get home from Bible study

*Get settled into bed myself soon after--I am ALREADY zonked!!

I'm not so productive today...

Married to my computer geek since 11.04.06. Mama to our little dude Bug (born 7.14.09, peanut allergy, asthma) and our rainbow baby girl Sweetpea (born 4.14.13). Forever missing my angel babies--Riley, Paisley, and Waverley!!

Decluttering my life...

#621 of 1753 Old 06-15-2011, 12:54 PM

Hey texanromaniac, you put sour cream, cheese, and salsa on top of beans and rice? What kind of beans are you making? I may have to try that.

#622 of 1753 Old 06-15-2011, 02:57 PM

Well, I got the walk to the store out of the way. It's amazing what that took out of me, but DSD got her card mailed! joy.gif

I also sat with the kids in the park on the way back and read DS a book when he woke really early from his only nap today.

Dinner is about midway done. And I'm about to start washing the dishes.

What I REALLY want to do is crash... sleeping.gif

#623 of 1753 Old 06-15-2011, 07:16 PM

Poetry,
Congrats on getting the walk done. I know how daunting things like that can be when you're afraid you may not have the energy to do it. hug.gif

#624 of 1753 Old 06-15-2011, 09:13 PM

OMG PoetryLover, you just reminded me about fathers day cards, I am terrible, LOL! We went to an awesome crafting event on Monday and the card for MY dad didn't get finished, we just took the rest of the materials with us and I bought some glue sticks and we were gonna finish it. I totally failed to realize that it will need to go in the mail tomorrow morning to get to him! Instead of making muffins after dinner, we should have been finishing that project! (She goes to daycare first thing in the morning tomorrow... and did today, which is part of why we didn't make the time.) But you know what, she probably won't mind or even notice if I just go ahead and finish it up O:-) She'll be happy to be putting it into the mailbox in the a.m. ;)

OMG#2- I haven't sent out emails to the farmer's market volunteers yet for this week. EEeeeeeeek. I *WISH* this could be a quick fifteen minute thing, it really should be, but I always take forever to figure out what to say :( Sometimes it's good, like sending personal emails to some people when we've talked about a specific interest or shift, but other times it's just like, durr, someone else who doesn't over-think everything could have done this just as well in 1/4 the time.

Nice full day today!
quick snacky breakfast & got D to daycare

came home & started work by 8

putzed around and chatted

discovered front closet was already/still as tidy as possible,

straightened play area a little

finished work just after 5

daycare pick/up

stopped at the market

swung by a second store unnecessarily grrrr

made dinner, cleaned up & made muffins

cleaned up & got D in the bath, all the dishes done

two books and bedtime (for her!)

squeezed in two more hours of work- over 10 1/2 for the day! this will make my Sat much easier

got stuff ready to do windows

nursed D back to sleep

cleaned the windows, inside only, and um it's dark so... quick & dirty I guess

put away dishes, wiped down counter & some fresh splatters on fridge & walls

washed dish rack itself, it's drying now

writing an email to a friend

planning out the rest of my week & what needs to be done

**compose & send volunteer emails for this weekend's farmer's market (eek shoulda done this yesterday)

finish father's day card for my dad

tomorrow: full day of work, a couple spots need vacuuming, meeting to form a sustainable food buying club, have to bring something because it's a potluck... that's about it! mostly maintenance at this point. Still do want to do some things on my computer that never seem convenient, take care of the bathroom and bedroom closets, list things, oh and also rearrange a couple drawers while doing closet. Then I have more to get rid of. Oh yes I do, lol.

#625 of 1753 Old 06-15-2011, 09:44 PM

Hi everyone. smile.gif

Done:

dishwasher emptied

brought washing in

made beds

shopped for things DD needs for trip

washing in machine

To do:

hang out washing

go to doctor

work out what to make for dinner! headscratch.gif

clean out microwave

change handtowels

SAHM to three
#626 of 1753 Old 06-16-2011, 07:17 AM

Good Morning!!!

Woke up late, gave D some stickers to put on the envelopes, & a muffin

Successfully located my very last stamp & affixed it to Father's Day Card

Let her drop it in the mail on the way to daycare, ok drop-off, couple tears

Got home, had a quick snack & made coffee

Working now, it's nice & slow for the moment. I need to:

Spot vacuum

Clean the mirror & window in the bedroom

Organize my hot spot of mail/ stuff to file (luckily a good months worth is only a 4" stack, and that includes a lot of random thick stuff)

Throw something together for this potluck meeting

I would love to:

Go thru two storage totes- one has electronics, the other has yearbooks, pics, & the like.

Reorganize closet & a couple drawers in bedroom

Make yogurt (I failed yesterday to pick some up for starter but now that I know they don't have what I need at the little boutique health food store, I'll just grab some at the market.)

Get laundry done (Saturday would be the easiest day to fit it in, but it definitely needs to be done on Saturday at the latest!!)

#627 of 1753 Old 06-16-2011, 08:21 AM

Scheduled  power outage this afternoon from 2 pm on.  They hope it will be back on by midnight.

I suppose I'd better get to work!  Late start to the morning as the power went out last night at 9pm and stayed off until about 4 am- lots of lightning and thunder and scared kids.  We sat in the living room watching the storms as they were too worried to sleep. 

Step 1 Shower!

#628 of 1753 Old 06-16-2011, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidevoice View Post

Step 1 Shower!

thumbsup.gif

#629 of 1753 Old 06-16-2011, 09:10 AM

Ok, shower done, laundry started and some put away even!  (Putting it away is my downfall...)

I need to get after the bathroom- or the  wreckage that was a bathroom before the little guys got in and tossed everything around.  Yep, a nearly three year old in makeup...  he popped his head in as I showered and said he was pretty.   How long does that outlast sort of lipstick last anyway?  I've tried everything I have to get it off his face and it's still going strong. :)

#630 of 1753 Old 06-16-2011, 09:41 AM

Hello Ladies.
Today I:
*bathed and got dressed
*made breakfast and delicious coffee
*went Father's Day shopping thumb.gif
*made the bed
*took out the trash
*did 2 loads of laundry
*picked up DD
*picked up lunch
*picked up some crafty stuff for DD's camp
*had dinner
*studied 4 sessions reading.gif

Tags
Non Toxic Cleaning , Mrs Meyers Cleaning Day

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page