Mothering Forum banner

10 or 15 Minute Sessions of Cleaning~New Thread

54K views 2K replies 56 participants last post by  PoetryLover 
#1 ·
The other one was getting kind of long and I'm not sure what the new rules are for thread length...so I started fresh.

I'm about to start a 10min session. Who's with me?

Reactions: blanquiitaa
#3 ·
I got the kitchen cleaned up a bit...and then the littlest one started crying and when I got that handled the eldest needed attention and someone to play with...and then the little one started crying again. LOL

I'm going to TRY to get done today:

- dishes

- unpack one box

Short list...but it's more likely to get done that way.

#4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWife View Post

I got the kitchen cleaned up a bit...and then the littlest one started crying and when I got that handled the eldest needed attention and someone to play with...and then the little one started crying again. LOL

I'm going to TRY to get done today:

- dishes

- unpack one box

Short list...but it's more likely to get done that way.
LOL boy, does that sound familiar!! I did my 15 minutes, but my kids are still occupying themselves pretty well - the oldest is reading and the littles are playing together - so I'm continuing with the kitchen for as long as I can.

My to-do list for the day:

-garbage and recycling out

-2 loads of laundry washed and put away

-clean out vacuum

-vacuum/sweep/mop floors

-bring box of toys to basement

-organize bathroom closet

-clear stairs

#7 ·
Today's list:

-organize bathroom closet

-bring box of toys down to basement

-dishes

-wash and put away the rest of the laundry (probably only 1 or 2 loads)

-organize the huge game/puzzle shelf in the playroom

-scrub down shower

-declutter my dresser

-declutter "paper drawer"

-vacuum/sweep/mop floors

-move small bookcase from sunroom to bedroom

Naturally I do not expect to accomplish all of this today, but I have lofty ideals.
orngbiggrin.gif

#9 ·
Hi
wave.gif
. Thanks for starting a new thread.

I:
*studied really well.
thumb.gif

*made breakfast
*got DD off to school
*cleared the kitchen (dishes rinsed, counters clean)
*made the bed
*took out the trash
*wiped down the bathrooms
*straightened the living room
*took DD to the barn
cat.gif
dog2.gif

Have a goodnight.
sleepytime.gif

#10 ·
Soo, I thought more got done yesterday than did.. I didn't realize everything off my list my hubby crossed off never got done (not because he didn't want to do it but the girls had a bad night, Ive been up since 2am with one or the other of them). Blues are waiting until DH gets home/end of the day

Heres the list for today (cleaning wise)

- sweep/mop kitchen

- sweep/mop living room

- Freeze (2) pizza pasta-

- dinner (not sure what yet)- creamy chicken casserole, Im going to make an extra one to freeze, chicken is cooking

- put bags/tripod into car (need to wait till DH gets home, he has the car!)

- install car seats (need to wait till DH gets home, he has the car!)

- draw/write to baby

- sort clothing for swap

- finish activity kits

- wrap last minute presents for DD1's birthday

- clean under bed/sofas in girls room

- scrub girls floor

- scrub girls AC unit

- clean both bathrooms

- scrub girls room walls

-Spackle parts of wall that needs it

- 2 loads regular laundry (1 done, 1 in dryer), 1 load sheets (done), 1 blanket, 1 pillow

- soak baby clothes and try to get the spit up stains out of them-washing and going from there, some of this stuff is really stained.

- remake bed

I'm hoping to get it all done by noon so I can spend this afternoon working on some sewing projects I need to get done by Saturday (DD's birthday outfit and one of her presents).I'm going to go give the girls a bath and work on sorting clothes while I monitor their bath time. After baths/sorting is over I'm going to work on their room.

Im almost done with my first list so Ill add my second, these are crafting things I need to do/get done this week- all the fabric is already ironed:

car seat blanket (hopefully today)

doll dresses/bloomers/shoes (hopefully today)

DD1's birthday outfit

DD1's hair tie organizer (for her birthday)

bags for: nursing pads/cream (diaper bag), diaper changing kit (diaper bag), tioletry items (hospital bag),

nursing cover

flower skirt

#12 ·
Girls room is totally done for now (until they make a mess again), off to clean the bathrooms. When Im done with that Im going to take a shower.

#13 ·
Just got done showering so Im going to go work on finish up the activity kits Im making for the girls (almost done), have the kids draw pictures for the baby (my oldest has been asking to do this for a while) and make pizza pasta to freeze. By then it should be lunch time so Ill feed the girls and pick up the mess afterwards then hopefully lay them down for a nap.

#16 ·
Its not quite noon and I got all the cleaning stuff done for the day. I still have to throw together dinner but the chicken needs to cook and cool first.

Girls just got done eating and I washed all the dishes so now its time to lay them down for a nap. If I don't fall asleep with them Im going to work on DD's birthday outfit and the doll dresses/bloomers/shoes.

#19 ·
Graceie, don't I wish!! But Im still thinking the first weekend of Feb. I want next week to rest so Im hoping to get everything done this week (well except sewing, Im willing to do that next week
lol.gif
)..

Im almost done with the doll dresses. The girls were in moods today after their naps so the progress was slowed considerably.

Heres a picture of the two dolls done!

003.JPG

#21 ·
Thanks Clutter- they were so much fun to make.

Im beat, time for night night.. Things for first thing tomorrow (basically things DH has to do before he goes to work)

- put bags/tripod into car (need to wait till DH gets home, he has the car!)- waiting for tomorrow after DH picks up what he needs to for work

- install car seats (need to wait till DH gets home, he has the car!)

- wrap last minute presents for DD1's birthday- DH is taking DD1 out for a Daddy/Daughter date tomorrow night so Im going to do the wrapping while they are gone. Better than hearing her cry because she can't be with mommy.

Cleaning/household work for tomorrow:

- soak baby clothes and try to get the spit up stains out of them-

- fix DD2's monkey that ripped

- organize girls books

- organize adult books

- organize toys

- clean toy boxes out

- clean window/runner in playroom

- clean master bedroom

- freeze mini meat pies

- freeze french bread- the kids are cranky and Im tired so this is postponed until tomorrow

-laundry: 1 load of blankets and 1 load of regular clothing.. the kids are cranky and Im tired so this is postponed until tomorrow

- dinner: enchilada casserole- make one for dinner and one to freeze.

Crafting items to work on:

car seat blanket (hopefully today)-almost done, just need to sew the back to the front, turn it and top stitch it.

DD1's birthday outfit

DD1's hair tie organizer (for her birthday)

bags for: nursing pads/cream (diaper bag), diaper changing kit (diaper bag), tioletry items (hospital bag),

nursing cover

flower skirt

red top

purple skirt (same pattern as the one above so Im going to make them at the same time)

purple top (same pattern as the one above so Im going to make them at the same time)

#22 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkiMom View Post

Graceie, don't I wish!! But Im still thinking the first weekend of Feb. I want next week to rest so Im hoping to get everything done this week (well except sewing, Im willing to do that next week
lol.gif
)..

Im almost done with the doll dresses. The girls were in moods today after their naps so the progress was slowed considerably.

Heres a picture of the two dolls done!

003.JPG
What beautiful dolls. They look so soft and I love their hair.

#24 ·
Today I:

*totally decluttered my room
coolshine.gif
It is just so restful.
*studied
*made breakfast
*got DD off to school
*cleared the kitchen (dishes rinsed, counters clean)
*made the bed
*took out the trash
*wiped down the bathrooms
*straightened the living room
*started the laundry
* tutored
*made dinner
*watched American Idol w/the fam
smile.gif

#25 ·
I used to do these ages ago, and need to start again! DS is nursing to sleep, then I will lay him in bed and spend 15 minutes on each of these, alteranting w/ knitting him some pants :)

1. kitchen (clean dishes away, refill dishwasher with dirty, pack up chili in freezer containers and clear off counters)

2. livingroom, sweep floor, pick up a few misc things, and shark steam

3. bath (clear counter, pick up floor, sort lau ndry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.