Small vent - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-30-2011, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

You know what sucks? When you bust some serious butt cleaning and organizing your house for an event, and EVERYTHING conspires against you so that said event doesn't happen...

DH is trying to remind me that at least we have a really clean house. But a clean house is like a tree falling in the woods - it didn't happen unless there are witnesses... 

hippie.gifWife to blowkiss.gifJames , treehugger.gifMama to Saraenergy.gif and Robbie bouncy.gif
knit.gifread.gifgeek.gifgd.gifh20homebirth.giffamilybed2.gif  398/2013, 2/200, 4/52

#2 of 6 Old 01-30-2011, 12:46 PM

Oh! That has totally happened to me!  It is so frustrating!   Do you have friends you could invite over?  Or maybe take pictures and put them up on Flickr so we can all gush over how great your house looks!

Pregnant and/or Breastfeeding since 2005
Mama to two girls: 5/06 and 3/09
#3 of 6 Old 01-30-2011, 12:55 PM

What do you mean the event didn't happen?  Obviously you were preparing for the 'lets show off my house!' event!  I'd love to see :D

#4 of 6 Old 01-30-2011, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

I was hosting a potluck at my house for my friends and family. Today people started calling and cancelling. There was a lot of sick kids, it was snowing, migraines, contractions (okay, that's totally valid!), and one broken car. It got down to one guest and her family, and then they called and said they just couldn't get here...so the event was basically cancelled.

If I had a way of posting pics, I'd post them just to prove that our house is clean. With two small kids, the house always looks awful whenever anyone comes over...

hippie.gifWife to blowkiss.gifJames , treehugger.gifMama to Saraenergy.gif and Robbie bouncy.gif
knit.gifread.gifgeek.gifgd.gifh20homebirth.giffamilybed2.gif  398/2013, 2/200, 4/52

#5 of 6 Old 01-30-2011, 03:04 PM

Aw, I'm sorry.  It is such a bummer when you plan for an event and it doesn't happen.

I say kick your husband and kiddos out and sit in your quiet, clean house and eat party food. 

#6 of 6 Old 01-31-2011, 05:58 AM - Thread Starter

We ended up breaking out the power steamer and removing the obnoxious wallpaper border in our living room from the previous owner. So the night wasn't a total loss - and the chicken pesto pizza we made for the potluck was incredibly good!! Plus we have leftovers for lunch today!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page