Small Successes - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-16-2011, 05:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just wanted to post my two small success stories in my new effort to clean and green our home!  This week I finally convinced the hubby to get rid of Dish--we now just have the old bunny ears antenna up and get the local channels.  We also have Netflix, so he doesn't feel totally deprived of movies and some TV shows.  This change is going to save us around 80-90 dollars a month!  Not to mention probably get us away from the TV more.  I also started my very first compost bin yesterday, made out of an old trash can with holes drilled in it for ventilation and drainage.  I'm excited to get it going and make some good plant food for a future garden.  This will also help us cut back on the mass amounts of trash we seem to produce every week, even though there are only three of us! (There is no easy recycling program where we live).  My next goal will be to continue paring down the amount of random stuff we have in our house, starting with the bathroom.  We seem to have more towels and products in there than anyone could ever use!

Rockstar, hippie, pirate mama to W (3-2-10), wifey to S for 2 years and going strong

selectivevax.giffly-by-nursing2.gifcd.gif  treehugger.gif

http://piratelady2525.blogspot.com/
#2 of 4 Old 02-16-2011, 06:38 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Great work! I'm jealous - I would love to get rid of our cable, but I think my hubby would just move out if I did that! lol.gif

A, wife to R and mom to 3 boys: D~ 10/05, J~ 8/07, and B~ 12/09 jumpers.gif

#3 of 4 Old 02-16-2011, 08:09 AM - Thread Starter

Oh it took a long time of hinting, and arguing, and then finally guilting my hubby to do this.  And it was only after it was gone, and he explored a bit online and netflix, that he realized he would be able to live without it.  Good luck to you!

Rockstar, hippie, pirate mama to W (3-2-10), wifey to S for 2 years and going strong

selectivevax.giffly-by-nursing2.gifcd.gif  treehugger.gif

http://piratelady2525.blogspot.com/
#4 of 4 Old 02-16-2011, 08:19 AM

Great job!

We have Netflix & my husband loves it. His favorite series are "Justified" and "Lie To Me".

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page