Wanna play? Accountability for a project this weekend. - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 03-27-2011, 12:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am so impressed with the photos. I now wish I had taken photos! I made some great progress today in my living room. I rearranged furniture and decided on a huge chair that can go out the door... now to figure out how. Maybe just a curb alert.

I have 60 items to give to a friend who is having a baby girl soon. I have a bag of toys and board books for the library playgroup. That's another 60 items. Then there are many more items that I need to get ready for a pick-up. I have to get them out the door before I can count them on the 2011 things out challenge. I'm up to 1000. I might just make it if I keep this up.

I also got some laundry done, and I straightened up the family room. It's still covered in laundry, but at least it's clean laundry. I need to get to work in my kitchen, but I am starting to tire out now. I have been up since 5 am. I woke up thinking about paint colors and planning my attack for today, gave up on sleep at about 6:20 and got to work.

Congrats on the progress to all.

Mom to: Honey (6/04) and Bunny (9/09)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 37 Old 03-27-2011, 02:32 PM

That's awesome! 

Due to the stomach virus that plagued my house this weekend I ended up doing a LOT of laundry. Good thing I was kind of caught up. This also led to some major work on DDs room. Not all done, but a lot of work got done on it. I didn't think to take pictures, but it's definitely better than it was. 

I also squeaked in some tiny bits of time to work on UFO # 23. Everything is cut out for it (which is really the hard part that I need time and space for). The rest is "just sewing." I also ended up ripping part of it while tying it on, so now that needs patching. 

Third generation WOHM. I work by choice.
#33 of 37 Old 03-27-2011, 02:50 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I got most of the bedroom picked up and I also vacuumed. I went through a whole box of very old papers and odds & ends.

I still need to work on the closet and purge my old makeup (I recently switched to all mineral makeup.) 

BUT even if I don't get these last things done, I've made a lot of progress, thanks to this thread!

#34 of 37 Old 03-27-2011, 04:28 PM
esg

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Everyone is doing so well!

I'm behind where I want to be but am getting something done.

Hopefully by night, I'll be able to upload before and after pictures even if it doesn't get as clean as I would like it to be.

Single mama by choice to sonbabyf.gif 2/2011.
I love showing my little sweetheart (now a busy preschooler!) the world!

#35 of 37 Old 03-27-2011, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
I'm so glad everyone enjoyed the thread! Sometimes it's nice to have somewhere to brag a little about getting stuff done. smile.gif

I'll probably tackle the next most embarrassing spot in the house next weekend...my closet. Aka...where I throw things before the cleaning lady comes over! So if anyone feels like playing again next weekend, just start a thread. smile.gif

Thanks for keeping me company while I tackled the most intimidating project in the house!!!
#36 of 37 Old 03-27-2011, 07:57 PM
esg

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I did it! Thanks to this thread my closet looks a on better.

These are the sad before pictures with laundry, bags and boxes all over the place.

DSC_0316.JPG

DSC_0317.JPG

The after pictures. I went through boxes, took some out, moved some. As you can see I still have the laundry to do but most of it is together. I have some things to take to Goodwill, some things to use. I'm so glad its together.

DSC_0321.JPG

DSC_0322.JPG

Single mama by choice to sonbabyf.gif 2/2011.
I love showing my little sweetheart (now a busy preschooler!) the world!

#37 of 37 Old 04-02-2011, 11:15 AM

I'm loving the pics, everyone has done such wonderful jobs!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page