Lazy susan cabinet hardware - is there such a thing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-03-2011, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The corner cabinets in our kitchen have a lazy susan in them.  Unlike most cabinets I've seen, though, ours have the cabinet "doors" attached to the carousel.  To "open" the cabinet, you spin the entire unit, and the door rotates along with the shelves.  Does that make sense?  The "normal" ones I've seen have a hinged, bi-fold door that folds open, then the carousel is inside with a wedge cut out for the doors to rest in when it's closed.

My problem with mine is that there is no way to keep them closed.  They get bumped by knees while we're cooking, the baby whenever he wants to take out our "tupperware", and sometimes they just seem to open on their own.  It bugs me to no end to be constantly adjusting them.  And even then, because of uneven weight distribition, they sometimes peek open just a tad.  It makes me crazy.  Is there something, anything, I can use to keep these cupboards closed?

Strong single mama to Ethan (9/09) and Rowyn (7/12)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2011, 10:22 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Maybe some sort of magnetic latch?  Hardware stores have ones for cupboards.  The tricky part is finding a good place to attach each piece so that they line up closely when the door is properly closed, yet don't get in the way when you spin the lazy susan.

Or you might be able to find some kind of hinge that will allow you to attach the door to the cabinet frame, instead of to the lazy susan.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:22 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

ours are the same way... besides distributing the weight better, I have no real advice...

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:20 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Try Lee Valley for hardware.  They have a huge selection of that sort of thing!

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown

User Tag List