Should I take my bed frame out of the closet just to be able to organize it? It need to go back in after though. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-14-2011, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just moved into my new place and I have a great closet. It's really long and is great for storage. I put the baby crib in there actually and my stroller as well since I'm not using either right now. I decided to put my plain metal bed frame in there as well b/c my bed is now on the floor. The thing is supposed to come apart in 2 pieces and should go on the floor or stand in one corner of the closet. It won't come apart though until I get a wrench and undo it though. Until then it really takes up a lot of space in there and I can't really use the closet properly since it gets in the way of where my clothes hang. It's making me crazy!

I have stuff shoved in there and can't get to what I need at all and I can't unpack and organize other things b/c of it. I put it in there to get it out of the way until my friend can come help undo it. Should I just take it back out so I can start using the closet the way I need to? The only place I can keep it is against the wall in my living room though. It's going to look super ugly and it may fall, though it isn't likely to fall since my son doesn't crawl yet and won't go near it. It could mark the wall though.
#2 of 6 Old 04-14-2011, 01:09 PM

Could you just set up your bed on the frame for a day or two while you organize the closet? And then find a wrench to take it apart and put it away in the closet at the end of your unpacking?

Pregnant and/or Breastfeeding since 2005
Mama to two girls: 5/06 and 3/09
#3 of 6 Old 04-14-2011, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

I probably could, but since I'm setting it up all by myself if I do set it up I may as well leave it up for a few more months. I think I'll just put it in the living room against the wall and see when my friend can come help me with it. It's much easier to push aside the clothes to put it back in the closet then to push things around and pull things out just to get one thing out.
#4 of 6 Old 04-16-2011, 02:32 AM

I think it would be better not to put it up against the wall in the interests of risk management, as you never know if it could fall and hurt the baby, or someone else, and also if it marks the wall it will be annoying for you.

SAHM to three
#5 of 6 Old 04-16-2011, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter

It's against the wall now. I had to get the closet a little more organized. I had to get to some of my clothes that were in there for both me and my son. My son isn't crawling yet and he doesn't get close to where it is at all thank goodness and it doesn't seem to mark the wall. I was able to clear a lot of space in the hall as well. I hope my friend can come soon and take it apart for me.
#6 of 6 Old 04-16-2011, 08:40 PM

Oh well that sounds like it will work out, hope your friend comes soon to help you. thumb.gif

SAHM to three

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page