Outside Bike Storage?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-22-2011, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

We moved into a 1BR apartment to simplify. DH got a bike for getting to work- a good bike. For the last month he's brought it into the family room when he gets home and it lives there. 

I'd like to get it out into some kind of outdoor storage so we can re-claim our living space. Ideally it would be large enough to contain 3 bikes, protect them from weather and theft, but not be too large and not too permanent. A shed's a bit too big and too expensive. I'm thinking some kind of skeletal frame and a tarp.....anyone know if such a thing exists or how to make one? Any outdoor bike stand-kind-of-things that you know of?

Laurie, wife to guitar.gifDH (Aug/04), mom tobikenew.gifDS1 (Nov/05) and bfinfant.gifDS2 (June/12).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 04-23-2011, 06:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We live in University family housing, so we don't have a garage. The management issues each family something similar to this: http://www.rubbermaid.com/Category/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?CatName=Outdoor&SubcatId=HorizontalSheds&Prod_ID=RP091378

I'm not sure of the dimensions on ours, but it would definitely fit a bike with room to spare.

love.gif

#3 of 5 Old 05-10-2011, 10:45 AM
Banned

I use the YardStash product for outdoor bike storage. Easily stores and protects two adult bikes and two kids bikes. Was super easy to set-up and I only paid $99 US for it. You can buy on www.yardstash.com

#4 of 5 Old 05-24-2011, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

The Yardstash looks like it just might do the trick! I'll speak with DH and see what he thinks (we'd be keeping expensive stuff in there, that'd be my only concern). 

Laurie, wife to guitar.gifDH (Aug/04), mom tobikenew.gifDS1 (Nov/05) and bfinfant.gifDS2 (June/12).

#5 of 5 Old 05-26-2011, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabell2 View Post

I use the YardStash product for outdoor bike storage. Easily stores and protects two adult bikes and two kids bikes. Was super easy to set-up and I only paid $99 US for it. You can buy on www.yardstash.com

Thanks for posting. We really need something like this!

Lovin my sweet babygirl 3-17-10love.gif and expecting another in March! love.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page