A Box for their Stuff? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-25-2011, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I like to try to keep organized and when the kids were little, the biggest hurdles were books and toys.  I feel like I've got space for those sorts of things.  I also have space for normal stuff: clothes, shoes, coats, glasses cases, Boy Scout stuff, etc.

I feel like they don't have a space for their stuff.  My daughter makes tons of crafts and likes to "collect" many things.  My one son is the same.  I was thinking of telling them they can keep their treasures in a box.  I feel like I should buy a large shoebox-sized bin with a lid for each of them.

If there's too much stuff, they have to pare down.  Does this sound fair?

Remember, they have a space for toys and books.  I'm really talking about trinkets and the like.

Mama to 4. winner.jpghomebirth.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 04-25-2011, 05:58 PM

I think it would depend on your kids persnaliteis if they would be heart broken to not be able to keep an iteam if the bin was full or it would be a bog loss I wouldnt but if they would be ok moveing on and swiching out stuff then go for it maybe one of those under the bed boxes ? sp its not to deep and they could see everything ?

#3 of 3 Old 04-26-2011, 05:03 PM
Banned

I think it sounds reasonable. 

of course, some people -- like my husband -- like to have trinkets where they can see them and fiddle with them. So, you might consider a box and a small shelf (like a picture shelf) where they can put a few items. Or, a picture shelf with a clothesline over it where they can hold various items via clothes pins as well. Just a small space -- in their rooms perhaps -- and then have the box for storage. And once that space is full, then the pair down.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page