Unamanageability, fear and sadness surrounding decluttering. - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 08-03-2011, 12:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Also: tax deductions for donating used goods should not be overlooked. Especially if you are doing a lot of donating in one year. 

Pregnant and/or breastfeeding since May, 2004, with dd6, ds4, and dd born 9/11.
We homeschool.gif.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 33 Old 08-10-2011, 07:52 AM

I find that the disagreements about decluttering, and how to go about getting rid of stuff, is really frustrating.  My dh and I have very different styles, and they don't mesh very well, even though we both seem to want the same goal.  Our 'stuff" is stuff that is brought home, or kept because it might be useful someday.  Or, it's expensive to get rid of it, etc.

I, bottom line, do not want to spend my time or energy organizing, or managing, what i consider to be junk.  I want to do other things with my time, and I feel resentful of the constant organizing.  If we don't have it, we won't have to spend time maintaining it.

Working on lots of compromise here!  OP, didn't mean to hijack, but this is a hot button issue for me.

#33 of 33 Old 08-10-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snanna View Post

Also: tax deductions for donating used goods should not be overlooked. Especially if you are doing a lot of donating in one year. 

If I'm reading the tax forms right, unless our itemized deductions are over $11,400 (married couple), I'm better off taking the standard deduction. I don't have anything else I'd itemize. I don't think I have 11k of stuff I can donate! Even though we donated our car last week.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page