Help me enjoy cleaning more by recommending a better, less frustrating steam mop :) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-30-2011, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)

I love steam mops and how quickly the floor dries and without having to use any chemicals or soaps.

Unfortunately, I don't love my steam mop.  It's the "H2O Mop" (often featured in As Seen on TV ads, avail at Walmart and other major retailers).  What I like?  Triangular pivoting head for getting into corners.  That's about it though.

It's heavy.  It doesn't glide well on my kitchen floor (but it's fine for hardwood/laminate).  Our kitchen floor had a bit of texture in it.  The microfibre cover always pops off when I mop.  I can only push it one direction...otherwise the microfibre mop head cover keeps popping off.  The cord is always getting in the way.  My back aches afterwords.

All in all - I end up frustrated by the experience....instead of energized/rewarded.

Anyone know of this mop and can recommend a lighter, more user friendly one??????

#2 of 3 Old 05-30-2011, 10:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had a steam mop and I got rid of it. I use a white washcloth that I dip into very hot water and attach to my swiffer. I then spray the floor with a little bit of amnoia---not natural but my floors do not come clean otherwise. I hot mop, rinsing the washcloth often. I like it much better. Maybe you could hot mop with just vinegar or something like Dr. Bonners???

#3 of 3 Old 05-30-2011, 01:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I read all of the reviews on Amazon and ended up with an Eureka steam mop. No triangle head, but it does get the steam hotter than a shark steam mop and works well. I found that I can even steam off stuck on food (I have a toddler and no pets to clean up after her). I just have to let it sit on the spot for about 10 seconds. No scrubbing... just patience. a triangle head would be nice. If I use the pads that came with it, it glides across my vinyl floor just fine. When I use a microfiber cloth, not as much.

Mom to: Honey (6/04) and Bunny (9/09)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page