Computer Minimalism - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-22-2011, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I own just a laptop and love it. I didn't realize how much I had stored on there that was not being used or looked at. Today, I spent 3 hours decluttering my files. I feel so much lighter and happier. I really had to take a look at what I enjoy looking at, reading, etc and what was really important to keep. I am amazed at how much I was able to get rid of. Feel so much happier. : )

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 06-22-2011, 11:47 AM

I need to do this, too. We have a laptop but there is so much on it and I know I can get rid of alot of it. I'd like to buy one of those drive thingys to load all our pics on or most of them anyway.

#3 of 4 Old 06-22-2011, 09:33 PM

I've been having hard drive issues with mine, and it seemed like it was going to crash any day. I've been meaning to buy an external hard drive for, oh, years, and I finally did it a few days ago. I went through and transferred just the important stuff- pictures, music, needed documents, etc.

Then I wiped my laptop.

I started completely from scratch. I no longer have games that I played once for an hour taking up space. All those miscellaneous files that were collected here and there are gone! It is very liberating. thumb.gif  

ribboncesarean.gif 2/4/2009.  hbac.gif 9/6/2011!

#4 of 4 Old 06-26-2011, 03:58 AM

BTW...for bookmarked stuff online that you may still want to refer to later that has a picture I totally recommend pinterest.com
I am a very visual person so this actually works out better for me than scrolling through long lists of words trying to find something I've saved. You can have multiple pinboards so you can organize your pins into categories.
For those bookmarks with no pics I save them in various Google Docs by category as well.
Sure, everything is saved to the cloud, so you need web access to get to it...but I can get that on my phone (albeit slowly)...but then it is accessible from any computer or smartphone and the bookmarks don't clutter up my computer.

Married to my computer geek since 11.04.06. Mama to our little dude Bug (born 7.14.09, peanut allergy, asthma) and our rainbow baby girl Sweetpea (born 4.14.13). Forever missing my angel babies--Riley, Paisley, and Waverley!!

Decluttering my life...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page