I need inspiration for our book room - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-19-2011, 11:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I just finished my 3rd purge of books from our homeschool/general reading stash. We never actually furnished our homeschool room..we just put books on the maple stands that dh had used for his aquariums because they were super sturdy. Dh's previous employer used to teach elementary school and gave us tons of books. Then you know you buy some ..gifts..ect.. Well we don't really read those books because were going to the library pretty often and checking out a lot of books. Also dh bought me a Nook for Christmas. Anyway..the room was just messy.

So I started thining out our book supply..I had my youngest ds read all the books that I wanted to make sure we got to enjoy before we got rid of them. I salvaged one shelf of worthy educational books. A handful of classics. I am scant on books for my 11 year old now nod.gif. My mom gave us a tall bookcase , so I took out one of the oak stands. 

So now I need you guys. I don't want to mess it up by putting too much stuff back in the room. I just want simple. I am no longer thinking "homeschool room" , but more like " reading nook" .

I would like to have a comfy chair ..books..and ...you know what I meanlol.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 07-20-2011, 06:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

That sounds wonderful.  :)  Will you post pictures?  I would love to see it.  That is a dream of mine.

Mama to A 8/05 and S 11/06

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page