One Week To Do List - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-02-2011, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Listing things on here really helps me get things done...

I have (hopefully!) one week left of being on bed rest after my car accident over a month ago before I am able to try walking again. Over the last few weeks, I had a list of things I wanted to get done while I'm not allowed to do anything else.

This is what I have left:

- ruthlessly purge three 55 gallon bins of old kids arts and crafts

- sort and file all memorabilia

- transfer information from old calendars to one book (only two years left to be caught up!)

- strip new batch of rug clothes

What's on your list of things to do this week?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 08-02-2011, 01:32 PM

Maybe if I make a list something will get done in the next 6 months.

Organize the office

Sand and paint my dresser

Recover and paint my hope chest

Label and put all my pictures from the last 4 years into albums

But.....for this week I'm hoping to have a baking day and clean out some more kitchen cupboards. We've had mice so I'm slowly emptying and having to wash all the dishes by hand before putting everything back. We don't have a dishwasher.

SAHM  to 6run.gif

#3 of 4 Old 08-03-2011, 08:26 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, making a list definitely helps! I wish I had made a list in the beginning of the bedrest, so I could cross off all the things I finished! The only thing that makes me feel more productive than having a nice planned out list, is crossing things of that list. :)

I spent all. day. yesterday going through the bins. Got all the crafts seperated simply into a kid pile for each, and down to one file folder total. Today I want to go through each pile again, and organize them individually a little better. I also went through two 55 gallon bins of misc photos, including discs and negatives. I still have some work to do with those...purge, organize. And try scanning to see if they come out well enough to just turn them into a photobook on line. I am torn between REALLY wanting that to work for the end result, and dreading having to do all that work!

In the arts and crafts bin, I also found a handful of written pages to add to my nice book of collection of kids stories, quotes, etc.

So my plan for today is to go through the file folder and organize a little more, putting the things they made into a binder with clear pockets for easy viewing. Then, to get all the written pages into the book I have with all their sayings, etc.

#4 of 4 Old 08-07-2011, 08:53 PM - Thread Starter

Got a little more done!

Bins are now empty. Down to two photo boxes of negatives, three photo boxes of doubles and one small box of cd's. Next step (probably in the Fall) is to get them scanned and organized, so I can put all of them into photobooks online. Once I do that, I will get rid of the negatives, doubles and old scrapbooks, then be left with one box of photo cds (and a hard drive).  

One file folder holds all their pared down memorabilia. Next step is to frame all the art pieces I want to hang up, laminate the rest and put those in a binder.

Haven't touched the rug clothes yet, but I am planning to get the rest of my book done tomorrow!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page