Anyone use Cozi? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-05-2011, 09:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

After about a billion Flylady ads for it, I'm liking the idea more and more--does anyone here use the Cozi calendar app? If so, how is it working for you and your family?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2011, 09:11 AM

I got it over the weekend. For my family it didn't really make planning easier than the regular calendar did. I think it's better for larger families or maybe with older kids or extended family that all need to stay in the loop. But, hey, try the free version and see if you like it!

I really like Springpad. I'm just getting familiar with it, but it is a really cool way to organize your long-term projects-- you can add photo, voice notes, checklists etc. all to your "board."

For my daily "to do" I use the calendar and keep weekly chores recurring (for example, every Saturday I plan meals for the next week so that appears every Saturday) Of course, any appointments or scheduled events go on there too. Also I write weekly meal plans on there (I just pick a consistent time) 

I'm looking for a good way to keep track of my shopping lists, coupons and purchases... right now I'm testing Grocery IQ out.

hijab.gif Learning to... sewmachine.gif andphotosmile2.gif with mybabyf.gifby my side!

Old 08-12-2011, 07:02 PM

I use it. I like having the app for my android phone. My DH had the app for his iPhone too, but took it off as it can be a bit of a battery drain. I plug my phone in every night as part of my bedtime routine and don't use it for talking on enough for it to matter for me....but DH's phone is his work phone and he is CONSTANTLY on it, so he can't chance the app draining his battery. It's okay, though cause he gets an email once a week with the next week's schedule on it and if he really needs to check Cozi he can access it through the web anyway.

I like it cause I can put all kinds of stuff on the calendar and who is involved, etc...even stuff like what I put on there today (cheap diapers at Babies R Us in the morning)...just to remind me. I also use the journal feature set to private to copy and paste my couponing deals for referencing in the store as to what deals I want to do and which coupons I need for those particular deals (I am a deal seeker, not an extreme couponer). 

My fave thing though is the shopping list feature. I love being able to get together my list on the computer at home and then referencing the list and even checking things off it on my phone at the store. I've always got my phone with me, so no keeping track of a paper shopping list. Plus, we add stuff to the Cozi list on the computer when we think of needing it or have run out of something...so it's already on our list and we don't have to remember after that what exactly it was that we needed, since it's on the phone with the rest of the stuff already!!

Sorry, if this post sounds disjointed...I was posting on it between getting the kiddo down for the night...so I was up and down at least three times!!

Married to my computer geek since 11.04.06. Mama to our little dude Bug (born 7.14.09, peanut allergy, asthma) and our rainbow baby girl Sweetpea (born 4.14.13). Forever missing my angel babies--Riley, Paisley, and Waverley!!

Decluttering my life...

Old 08-13-2011, 06:12 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I think it works the best if you have a smart phone, which I don't. Without a smart phone, it essentially just becomes another calendar to reference.

With that said, I rather do like it. I like the shopping lists, the to-do lists and how easy it is to add different schedules to the same calendar without everything just becoming a cluttery, hard to see who does what when, mess. 

Old 08-13-2011, 06:33 AM

And see that ^ is the beauty of it. Our little family of three consists of me, DH, and our toddler...so there isn't a whole lot of crazy different schedules of stuff going on. HOWEVER, when kiddo and any future sibs get older they will be involved in various things to keep track of and I love that Cozi works for those with bigger, more chaotic families/schedules...as well as for where my little family is at now.

But yes, I agree. A smart phone makes a big difference. I've had Cozi for two years, but didn't do much with it till I got my smart phone this January.

Married to my computer geek since 11.04.06. Mama to our little dude Bug (born 7.14.09, peanut allergy, asthma) and our rainbow baby girl Sweetpea (born 4.14.13). Forever missing my angel babies--Riley, Paisley, and Waverley!!

Decluttering my life...

Old 08-13-2011, 06:59 AM

My dh and I put Cozi on our phones a couple weeks ago. We really like it. We use it to keep track of appointments (we have a lot between the 3 of us- ds has special needs so has therapy, dh had surgery this summer so has physical therapy multiple times a week and I'm pregnant so have quite a few appointments). DH also has calls for work in the evening time 2-3 days a week so he puts those in the Cozi so I know when they are and can work my schedule around them. It is super easy to just look at the calendar and see who is doing what. When we had a regular calendar, dh would never put things on it. For some reason, this works for him. I can also add to the grocery list all day and then ask dh to hit the store on his way home thumb.gif

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

Old 08-13-2011, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephandOwen View Post

My dh and I put Cozi on our phones a couple weeks ago. We really like it. We use it to keep track of appointments (we have a lot between the 3 of us- ds has special needs so has therapy, dh had surgery this summer so has physical therapy multiple times a week and I'm pregnant so have quite a few appointments). DH also has calls for work in the evening time 2-3 days a week so he puts those in the Cozi so I know when they are and can work my schedule around them. It is super easy to just look at the calendar and see who is doing what. When we had a regular calendar, dh would never put things on it. For some reason, this works for him. I can also add to the grocery list all day and then ask dh to hit the store on his way home thumb.gif

Now, the grocery list is a wonderful idea! I hadn't thought of that, but since my soon-to-be-dh has a smart phone...muhahahaa! Perfect excuse to send him out for the groceries, since he has the shopping list readily available. :P (And it might just earn me a smart phone of my own for a combined Christmas/Birthday present...) Perfect. :D

Old 09-03-2011, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter

Well I finally went to the website and it does look good, but are you all using the free version? Because the ads are soooo intrusive and distracting, I logged off and went to Google calendar after 5 minutes. Do you get used to it or is it worth the $$ to get the upgraded version?

Old 09-05-2011, 02:29 AM

I don't even see the ads. I guess I'm so used to ads all over the place for everything, that I just filter them out! (Kinda scary...wonder how much my subconscious picks up?).

Old 09-08-2011, 09:41 AM

I love cozi.  It is the only calendar that I have been able to get my husband to use consistently.  We both have the free iphone app so we can check it anywhere before scheduling something.  My husband is even good at updating it.  I also like that I can quickly sync it to our school calendars online without needing to type in everything.  

Old 09-20-2011, 07:43 PM

Anyone having trouble with Cozi lately? I can't seem to get it to come up on my computer or my phone with any regularity and am about to give up and hope to find a different option, which really stinks...cause I really like it a lot!! I NEED to get back on it at least once to copy over stuff I only have on there in any case. GRRR...this is so frustrating!!

Decluttering my life...

Old 09-26-2011, 04:14 PM

can you tell me how it's different from google calendar???

Old 11-11-2011, 11:13 AM

I love it.  Cozi helps me to organize birthdays, due dates for bills, kids activities, doctors appointments and so much more.  I also love the shopping list feature, I try to set a weekly menu and this helps to make sure I have my shopping list in order.  The alerts go to my DH's phone and also to my phone, we are both aware of what is going on in case our schedules collide and we are unable to update each other.  Cozi is easy to use and makes my life so much easierthumbsup.gif

User Tag List