Need some ideas on furniture placement. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-19-2011, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Is my living room... I need some ideas on how to move things around. The couch in the front is a love seat, btw.. if that helps. There is a cradle on the right hand side.. the thing in the middle is an ottoman, not a table..  Any ideas? Obviously can't block the A/C

creative crunchy christian wife to J stillheart.gif, Mama to three boys and one baby on the way!  chicken3.gif  doula in training love.gif

#2 of 7 Old 08-19-2011, 07:51 PM

Hi;

I have some questions first, if that`s ok :)

bear with me, i seemed to have disabled the question mark key on my keyboard, i don`t know how.

why do you want to move things

what is not working for you

is it for looks, for function

is there something else you want to bring into the room

maybe this will allow me to offer better advice, if i know what is your reasoning first :))

SAHM to one moody son J hat.gif(06-27-03), one super-girly daughter M hearts.gif (02-23-06) and welcome Sophie! energy.gif(05-23-10) expecting fourth in July baby.gif

#3 of 7 Old 08-19-2011, 08:27 PM

I love moving furniture around!

Looks like there's a window above the cradle. What's the deal with the fireplace? 

You could flip the TV and armchair and put the couch under the window and the cradle to the left of the fireplace. But like PP said, what's the reason you want to move things around? 

Depending on your view, you might not want to be looking away from the window and it may be too cold during the winter to sit there. 

hijab.gif Learning to... sewmachine.gif andphotosmile2.gif with mybabyf.gifby my side!

#4 of 7 Old 08-20-2011, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter

I really just want something new, I'm bored.. ;)

The fireplace is really just a mantel and textured wallpaper.. it's just a visual thing.

There is a larger window above the cradle.

creative crunchy christian wife to J stillheart.gif, Mama to three boys and one baby on the way!  chicken3.gif  doula in training love.gif

#5 of 7 Old 08-20-2011, 03:55 PM

Is there a hole? Could you stick the tv in there? Then you could push the couch under the window and have the chair on the wall. It would open the space up but then your space wouldn't be as defined. It seems like there's a dining space on the other end of this room maybe?

hijab.gif Learning to... sewmachine.gif andphotosmile2.gif with mybabyf.gifby my side!

#6 of 7 Old 08-20-2011, 04:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I agree with pp, that putting the tv in front of the fire place and the sofa under the window.
Chair could stay where is or move to the old tv spot to be closer to the sofa

mom to 14yr dd and 4yr dd
#7 of 7 Old 08-21-2011, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

No, the 'fireplace' is a mantel with textured wall paper.. no hole. Eventually when we get a flat screen we will put it over the mantel.. but right now it has to stay as is.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page