Met some minimalist this week - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-15-2011, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My son was invited to a birthday party for a friend who goes to his school. They know each other from the bus stop also. This boy was 11 and my son is 5, so it was very sweet of him to invite him over. There were 2 other boys there. They taught my son how to play fooz ball and they put together a Star Wars lego set. The parents requested no presents and my son made him a card. The parents are awesome and their house is very clean, simple and minimalist. But what I noticed most is it reflected who they are, even with very little. They each like 3 different sports teams and they had some things displayed on shelves and walls, but not in an overwhelming type way. There was also some military items displayed and of course, a personal picture here or there. Very neat and taken care of. I was very impressed. They said when they moved here, they sold most of what they owned and have nothing in storage. What they do have is very nice. They have a huge grandfather clock and it is beautiful and simple in it's own way. They overall vibe was relaxed and inviting. It is nice to meet and actually SEE other minimalists in action. : )

#2 of 3 Old 10-15-2011, 09:38 AM

Cool! :)

#3 of 3 Old 10-20-2011, 04:40 PM

thumbsup.gif  Love it!

boogiemonster | the hairy scotsman | anna the elf | lucy the sprite | wee faerie faye, born 01/02/11

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page