Let's stay Motivated Moms Fall/Winter 2011/2012 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 38 Old 10-27-2011, 07:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thank goodness for Motivated Moms....I don't know how I would get back on track without it!

I was feeling overwhelmed this morning with how quickly everything gets dirty, but just did a few jobs on the list, and reminded myself that I don't have to clean the whole house in a day, just a few jobs each day....and just knowing that means I will stay on track, the house may not be perfect but it is acceptable... the sky is not going to fall!   love.gif

SAHM to three
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 38 Old 11-03-2011, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter

Wow, where is everyone?  I'm way behind this week.  I had a dairy reaction which saps all my energy, among other side effects.  I'm getting back into it today and the kitchen is wiped down and ready to go.  DS #1 had a 2 hour delay this morning due to state testing for other classes, so he straightened the living room for me.  Now I just need to work on the dining room and catch up on laundry.  

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

#33 of 38 Old 11-03-2011, 10:40 AM

I got caught in the surprise East Coast snow storm and lost power for 3 days. I was totally unprepared, too.... dishes all over the counters, piles of laundry, etc. AND our generator broke. It was not a good weekend! I am now caught up on dishes and laundry, so I'm getting back on my list now. thumb.gif

ribboncesarean.gif 2/4/2009.  hbac.gif 9/6/2011!

#34 of 38 Old 11-03-2011, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignerpie View Post

I got caught in the surprise East Coast snow storm and lost power for 3 days. I was totally unprepared, too.... dishes all over the counters, piles of laundry, etc. AND our generator broke. It was not a good weekend! I am now caught up on dishes and laundry, so I'm getting back on my list now. thumb.gif

Oh goodness!  I'm glad you're back to normal.  That storm was just crazy!  For once I am glad we moved away from the coast.  Although, on the whole we deal with a lot more of that kind of weather here, we just don't often lose power.

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

#35 of 38 Old 11-05-2011, 08:42 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignerpie View Post

I got caught in that surprise, record breaking storm, too. I lost internet and phone for several hours but kept electricity. My MIL had just arrived for a week long visit. She dropped her pills to lower her blood sugar and she and DH thought they found them all ... until our 21 month old DS found one and had to be rushed to the ER. So there was an overnight hospital stay for him during the storm. He had to be transferred via ambulance to the hospital across town with the better pediatric unit. I couldn't go, as the car wouldn't make it in the storm, and I had to nurse our 8 week old son. So DH went. I drove home with the baby in the storm and got stuck twice but finally made it. (In reality, it's a few blocks UP A HILL.) I worried all night, shoveled us out the next morning to meet DH and DS at the hospital and bring them home. Then we welcomed DH's cousin and her little girl to stay for a few days, as they had lost power. They finally got power back on Thursday. We have a one bedroom apartment and had to buy an air mattress for our guests, but we made it work with the 7 of us for several days. I was so glad I'd been attempting to follow Motivated Moms, as my place (except the bedroom with mountains of clean laundry), was mostly presentable.

Now I need to teach myself that the load of  laundry a day also needs to be folded and put away on the same day. Honestly, though, I mainly had the place presentable because my MIL was visiting. hide.gif

It sounds like you had a tough time, but if you're like me, you'll be "motivated" for the next time. Seriously, though, it's October! We shouldn't have to worry about losing power in snowstorms.

Welcome to Motivated Moms!

#36 of 38 Old 11-05-2011, 01:45 PM

I've been using MM on & off for 2 years & love this. My house is a wreck right now, but we are doing a full house clean today & getting back on track. I am making notes and trying to tweak the system to make my own. It does help alot when you have your stuff on the right daysthumbsup.gif

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#37 of 38 Old 12-29-2012, 09:30 AM

Is there a new thread for Motivated moms or should I just stick with this?

I bought an Android app yesterday and it´s amazing! Everything I didn´t feel comfortable with in paper version I can change now, it´s colorful and easily on my phone (as my beautifully organized homekeeping binder failed months ago). Wow! This could really work now! Has anyone else staying motivated with an app?

Mom to three (A & V 2004, T 2009fly-by-nursing2.gif), teacher, DIYier, Waldorf enthusiast, declutterer, wannabe domestic goddess, a jane-of-all-trades, a dreamer

#38 of 38 Old 01-06-2013, 06:23 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)

I'll start one!

Mom "D" to DD1 "Z" (15) and DD2 "I" (11) DH "M"

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page