How to clean and ready a house in 3 hours - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-23-2011, 06:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Now this certainly is not an end all to be all, but it helps me when I get in one of those get out of my way and clean moods and I feel better, all in 3 hours.

1. Gather up ALL laundry, sort, start a load. My cycle is usually 35 minutes, so I can do a lot in between.

2. Go to kitchen, clean out all spoiled food, wipe down shelfs and doors, put all dishes in dishwasher, wiped down all counters and cabinets and any place you can reach. Wipe down appliances.

3. Put washed load of clothes into dryer or hang on line, start next load.

4. Gather up all trash through out the house. I use one big garbage bag.

5. Pick up all misplaced items, place in basket and leave near stairs or in a hallway. Just gather everything up.

6. Fold dried clothes, load next set of wet, start next load.

7. Living room/dining area. Wipe down all horizontal areas, windows/sills and straighten out furniture or soft goods.

8. Organize mail.

9. Fold, dry, load.

10. Bathroom(s) Put cleaner in toilet and swish around, let sit, spray down shower/bath, spray down counter and wipe down mirror, knobs on door, drawers fronts and light switches, Wipe down counter, shower/bath, scrub toilet and surrounding area.

11.Fold, dry, load.

12. Bedrooms- make beds if sheets/blankets not in washer/dryer, put away misc items, clothing, shoes, magazines, wipe down horizontal surfaces, fans blades, windows/sills.

13. Sweep then vacuum through whole house.

At this point, I have usually hit the big hot spots and I feel better about things. If it is cooler out, open windows and let fresh air in. I know some people have bigger/smaller homes and families, so get them involved. I find if I can get someone to help with either the laundry or trash pickup, I can move faster. : )

Hope this helps.

#2 of 5 Old 10-23-2011, 10:06 AM

Thank you for this list! Sometimes I get so overwhelmed when I know I have company coming!

Jessica reading.gif married to the love of my life jammin.gif

Momma to: Levi (09/06)superhero.gif, Junior (09/05) angel.gif, Teagann (11/10) angel.gif and two furbabies Nugget and Boo cat.gifflowerkitty.gif TTC our next bundle of love since 1/11makebabe.gif

#3 of 5 Old 10-27-2011, 05:58 AM

how did it work out for you?

Mom to K(7)M(4)and baby J(2)cold.gifhh2.gif
:

#4 of 5 Old 10-27-2011, 06:22 PM

this is a great list!  sometimes I get overwhelmed and don't know what to do, either.  :)

hh2.gif  ~~~~~~~~~~hh2.gif

#5 of 5 Old 12-19-2011, 03:16 AM

Hey, great list!  Thanks for posting!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page