Electronic Christmas letter - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-17-2011, 07:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone,

As part of my simplying a few years ago (after having kids), I stopped sending Christmas cards. It was a good move for us then, and I find I'm so much more relaxed around the holidays. In a further move to simplify, I recently closed my Facebook account, which has been an even BIGGER blessing. However, I'm aware that FB was how many of our friends and familty kept in "touch" and saw pics, etc. I'm thinking of sending a Christmas newsletter this year, but want to do it electronically to make it easier and cheaper, and to also give people permission to not display it :-)  Any services that you recommend? I currently use MailChimp for my business, but I don't think they will let me easily integrate my gmail address book. I'm really looking for a way I can link it to the email addresses I already have in my address book rather than having to enter them all.  I've stumbled on IncrediMail but haven't been able to explore it, anyone know if this will work for my purposes?

Any help is appreciated!

#2 of 3 Old 11-18-2011, 06:05 AM

I haven't ever sent electronic Christmas cards/newsletters, but I get them every year. I'm not sure what you mean about a service. The ones I have gotten are pdf documents attached to an email. From gmail you can just go to your contacts and choose which ones to include. I think it would be very easy.

#3 of 3 Old 11-18-2011, 04:08 PM

yeahthat.gif I don't know anything about a service for this but a lot of people we know send PDF newsletters. If you don't have any Adobe editing software, you should be able to write your letter in Word (or whatever word processing program is on your computer), include any pictures, and then save it as a PDF. Or, you could create a webpage that shows your family photos and updates, and just send out the link to it through gmail.

Co-sleeping is really wonderful when your child actually SLEEPS!! familybed1.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page