30 Day Declutter Updates - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-10-2011, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I am in day 3 of my personal challange. So far my completed projects are the refrigerator, the entire Master Bath including the medicine tote, my hall coat closet, pie safe of junk (now dejunked), and my kitchen junk drawers. This has procuced 4 bags of trash and 2 of donations.... Yikes!

#2 of 4 Old 12-10-2011, 02:46 PM

Awesome progress!! Sounds like you're on a roll!

Mom to: Honey (6/04) and Bunny (9/09)
#3 of 4 Old 01-12-2012, 09:36 AM - Thread Starter

I did it!!! Sorry I did not post more updates. I was so busy. My 30 days was over Monday and I call this one a win for the home team. It is still not magazine cover perfect but I cannot believe how much stuff I got rid of. I started keeping track of bags but lost count about midway through (over  20 bags at that point). I do know I threw away a small dumpster of crap from my modest 3 bdrm home. I also gave about the same amount to Good Will and a Local Mission House. It is amazing the difference it makes. I am able to clean about half as much and it looks great. We also decided to paint and put new flooring in my son's room. So his room looks amazing. I want to encourage you all to declutter any way you can because, while I still will not call it organized, just getting rid of stuff made a huge difference in my ability to make my house a nice place to live. BTW I did all of this bymyself. My DH did not help, I did not want his hoarding tendencies to block my progress.

#4 of 4 Old 01-13-2012, 07:59 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Good for you! I am working on this as well. What has helped me is setting up charity pick-up dates where I commit to having X number of bags on the curb by the morning of a certain date. Yup, I guess I work well with deadlines! I agree that just plain getting rid of a lot of stuff is what is helping me be more organized. We still have a ways to go, but I can see things getting better!

Mom "D" to DD1 "Z" (14) and DD2 "I" (11) DH "M"

Tags
Decluttering , Organizing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page