support thread for serious decluttering/moving? - Page 13 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#361 of 364 Old 09-29-2012, 01:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by erigeron View Post

Okay, ladies. Our move is TOMORROW! It's 11 PM and I am basically down to all the random annoying crap, which is harder than packing organized categories of items. IT'S CRUNCH TIME! Keep us in your thoughts. 

Go! Go! Go!  broc1.gif

Someone moved my effing cheese.
#362 of 364 Old 09-29-2012, 08:48 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:

Okay, ladies. Our move is TOMORROW! It's 11 PM and I am basically down to all the random annoying crap, which is harder than packing organized categories of items. IT'S CRUNCH TIME! Keep us in your thoughts. 

Thinking of you and hoping all went splendidly!

Book loving, editor mom to 2

#363 of 364 Old 11-02-2012, 05:26 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well, an eon later, I'm back. We made it through the move and now have a ton more space to clutter... but less built-in storage than before. If it's not one thing, it's another. But at least we are not shoehorned in anymore. We are taking our time figuring out the best way of organizing the new space.

WOHM to a girl jog.gif (6-11) and a new baby boy stork-boy.gif (2-14) and adjusting to the full-time life and husband being a SAHD. 
#364 of 364 Old 11-12-2012, 06:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

Well, an eon later, I'm back. We made it through the move and now have a ton more space to clutter... but less built-in storage than before. If it's not one thing, it's another. But at least we are not shoehorned in anymore. We are taking our time figuring out the best way of organizing the new space.

Yay for you!!!

I've been in my new home for 2-1/2 months now.  Feels like a lifetime.  Still haven't found a place for everything, but mostly because there has been various work done that required moving furniture and other things, so the putting-things-away work has been delayed.  I love my new house!  There is much less storage space, which means I have to be really organized and picky.  I decided to leave all of our "library" in lidded filing boxes, organized and labeled by subject, neatly in a single three-high row across one part of the (finished) attic.  We just call it the "library" and go up there to find the books we want.  I do love having books on shelves, but there are a few shelves downstairs for the must-have-at-fingertips and currently-of-interest books. 

It's definitely a process.  I have a date with myself over January break to finish the unpacking completely.  I did reach a point in my decluttering a couple of weeks ago where I was just like, I need to put all these boxes away until spring, because I'm totally burned out on deciding what to keep and what to toss after doing it for so many months on end.  That round will be pretty final, since we're planning to stay in this house and it's pretty clear what we need and what can't or shouldn't stay.  But I'm just wiped out after so many months and need a break.  I think that is allowed!

Hope everyone is doing well, no matter where you are in the process.

- single homeschooling mom to 16, 14, almost-12, and 10

Tags
Decluttering , Organizing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page