Forum Jump: 

#1021 of 1026 Old 12-26-2012, 12:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curlyfry7 View Post

146 + 1882 = 2028!!! I did it!!!!
The truly daunting thing is how much more there still is to declutter even after getting rid of this much stuff!! I am already eying stuff for next year's challenge....(no more time this year most likely to really get rid of anything more)

Well done!

Yes I know what you mean, I have been doing this for two years now and still so much to get rid of....must be symptomatic of the consumer age we live in!

SAHM to three
#1022 of 1026 Old 12-27-2012, 10:12 AM

Yes if we don't watch what we are bringing into the house.. then we might not be really reducing our stuff at all, just replacing it with other stuff. I got rid of more than 2012 this year I am pretty sure, but I subtracted every new thing that came in, so I ended up only reducing my belongings by about 900 things this year. Reducing the in-flow is pretty hard but I am determined to cut down on unnecessary things coming in (toys are mainly our problem).

#1023 of 1026 Old 12-30-2012, 05:47 PM

keeping track of my last stuff of the year... going to make a haul to the thrift store tomorrow one last time!

35 expired or uneaten food items

1 pair of shoes that pinch my feet

1 pair of shoes the dog chewed up (trashed)

8 purses

2 matching coin purses

1 letter/keys organizer

2 bras

3 rooms of 70s shag green carpetting ripped out to reveal my pretty hardwoods underneath (4 rooms to go... eventually)

2 expired bath items

3 gift-baskety bath items

3 more purses

10 packets of old oatmeal

1 more bra

1 tank top

=73 this weekend

total rung in for the year... 1385. not bad considering!

2012 ended up being my year to move, but just barely and it was chaotic, so i'm hoping to get through my boxes of not-yet-decluttered stuff for 2013.

Katie, mommy to Oliver (2007) and brand new Ava Estelle (2014)! 
Decluttering Challenge:  303/2014 items are gone!
$728 made from selling my "stuff"
(I've gotten rid of 3711 items over the last four years on this forum! Last years selling total: $456)
#1024 of 1026 Old 12-31-2012, 01:05 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

+ 32

944 out of 2012

1068 to go !

am going to switch to the 2013 in 2013 thread now .... hoping to make it up to 2013 for the coming year.....

#1025 of 1026 Old 12-31-2012, 03:38 PM

Well, I know I brought stuff in, but my hope is that the stuff I brought in I am going to actually use, whereas the stuff brought out is clutter, so our number of pointless items is reduced. 

In the process of moving, settling into the new place, changing interests, I have regretted two more items I got rid of, a Spanish-English dictionary and a reusable coffee filter. Oh well, replacing either will be fairly easy. 

Final 2012 total is 1784. I'm not getting rid of 200+ more items tonight. Happy New Year, everyone!

#1026 of 1026 Old 01-01-2013, 09:22 PM

I lost my master list of everything. I had over 2012 items. I have to scroll through my camera to see if I can find pics of stuff I donated so I can make up some tangible list.

Sadly, 2012+ items didn't seem to make a huge difference in my home. We still have a long way to go. Onto 2013 in 2013!

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

Tags
Decluttering

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page