Mothering Forum banner

10-15 Minute Cleaning Sessions (New Thread)

100K views 2K replies 63 participants last post by  richella 
#1 ·
I tried reading through to get to the end of the last thread, and got dizzy! It was so fantastic to see everybody motivating each other, and I love how easy things become when they are broken into 'chunks.'

Here are my sessions, I am kid-free while they are at their dad's, and trying to get motivated!

~Dishes

~Unpacking/Putting away clothes from vacation

~Sewing room reorganize

~Sewing project started

Thank you all so much for the inspiration!

#302 ·
Arianwen
hug.gif
I hope today's better. I totally know about days like those.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianwen1174 View Post

I had a wretchedly emotional day (PMSing?) but I did manage to sweep and mop the kitchen floor and clean the bathroom (except the tub/shower). And I made dinner. Glad the day wasn't entirely lost.

Mom31, did you find the money?

#304 ·
Happy Sunday.
smile.gif

Today I:
*rinsed the dishes and cleaned the counters
*made the bed
*wiped down the bathroom
*put out the trash
*made a nice breakfast and tea
*cleaned the litter box
*colored my hair
loveeyes.gif

*cooked dinner
*rested
sleeping.gif

*went to the movies with DH and DD
smile.gif

#305 ·
sorry I was on my kindle and it does not let me barely type an answer...

Yes- I found the money on my stove somehow- ugh. In the process I let my boyfriends dog out- and she wound up at a neighbors and luckily has a phone number on her tag so I spent quite a bit of time tracking her down and taking care of her- so happy she is ok...he is not mad at me. what a day.

#306 ·
Oh goodness, Mom31!! I hope you are doing ok.

Bejeweled, congrats on finally getting your hair colored. :p Mine always ends up being a week or so later than I planned, because the henna has to sit for three+ hours.

This morning bf made CINNAMON BUNS!!! And they were BETTER than Cinnabon. (This from the guy who SWEARS he can't cook.) We also got shelves for our shed from a CL post, and some awesome pots for the yard, spring is coming and gardening is part of homeschool as well as my hobbies.

Today I am kid free, and I have to....

~File Fafsa (This year and next)

~Some sewing projects (for MYSELF!)

~Clean up the girls room, rotate toys. It is a DISASTER because they just have too much. :(

~Pack a long overdue box to send to my parents (with V-day cards and somesuch)

~Figure out V-day for whole house

~Clean up my TERRIBLY messy sewing room

~Start my next custom commission

I love lazy Sundays. :p

#307 ·
I got nothing accomplished today

except I cleaned the bathroom- tub toilet and sink... it was a chore but I did it.

I ordered pizza which was a huge silly splurge but I barely can keep my eyes open right now for some reason...

We went to bf for a bit to get out of the house-

tomorrow I must

sign dd up for soccer

go to work

go to eye dr.

#308 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by *bejeweled* View Post

Arianwen
hug.gif
I hope today's better. I totally know about days like those.
Thanks, bejeweled. This weekend was almost a total wash. My sleep is seriously off-track and that makes it hard to get things done. BUT, I did get a few things done, let me think...

*Hung a load of laundry to dry

*Got laundry put away/gave DH his clothes to put away

*Wiped the kitchen counter a couple times

*Packed med boxes for me & DH (a weekly thing on Sundays)

Since it's 3 in the morning I'm going to put today's goals for later on:

*Wash dishes

*Hang laundry after DH gets it washed

*Make minestrone soup for dinner, maybe muffins if I'm up to it

*Sort through 1 or 2 drawers in the living room

Here's to a great week for all of us! And now I'm off to read for a little bit and hopefully fall asleep okay.

#309 ·
I am working on getting into a regular sleep pattern. Ideally I want to go to bed at 22.00 and go up at 06.00 since I am much more productive during those early morning hours than I am during the rest of the day. I have some way to go since I did get up first at 9.00 today...

But I've got things done

- Threw out all the garbage in the kitchen (it is amazing how it just sort of fills up).

- Flipped over a mat, that has been curling at one edge, so hopefully it will now lay flat.

- Put on a machine of dark laundry.

- Took a damp rag and did a general surface dusting in my room.

- Fluffed my pillow and turned down my duvet, so the bed looks orderly. I prefer to make it this way in the morning, so that the mattress etc. gets a chance to air. Now one of my cats is curled up on it, sleeping soundly.

- Did finalise an accountant business card design I've been thinking about for two whole weeks, for a graphic assignment I've got. Now just to do the same for the magician. :)

- Had lunch.

- Played with my kitten (important, or he starts running rampage throughout the house).

#310 ·
Good Morning.
Today I:
*made breakfast and
teapot2.GIF

*got DD off to school
*took out the trash
*made the bed
*washed the bathroom rugs
*went to an appointment
*got a manicure and my eyebrows done
loveeyes.gif

*went to the drugstore

I hope to:
*clean up cat mess
eyesroll.gif

*put away clean clothes

#313 ·
I've been a bit absent from the thread, thinking I had a handle on things! Uh - nope! Today I'm jumping back in with both feet!!

So far today:

Loaded and ran dishwasher

Wiped surfaces in kitchen

Quick clean up in the living room

Showered/dressed

Still need to:

Wipe surfaces and floor in bathroom

throw in dark wash

fold and put away 1 load of wash

stuff diapers

vacuum living area

clear off dining room table

We shall see what the day actually brings!

#314 ·
Hey ladies. I would like join this thread in hopes to get more organized. :)

I am Mama of two boys, DS1 is 9 y/o and DS2 is 6 weeks old. Trying to get back into the groove. :)

This weekend I got rid of over 100 books that I never read, or would never read. Clothes, furniture we never use. It felt so good.

DS1 is out on a trip with DH until tomorrow night, so I have been cleaning the playroom and DS1's bedroom aswell.

Its very challanging to get anything done during the day with the baby etc. But so far this is what I did today:

*Changed diapers

*BF baby

*Ate a muffin with decaf coffee

*Loaded and ran the dishwasher

*Vaccuumed DS1's bedroom

*BF baby

*Ate lunch

*Vaccuumed living room

*Relax while baby is napping

Things I still need to do today is:

*Clean litter box

*Take recycle out

*Finish moving furniture in DS1's room

*Vaccuum playroom

#316 ·
Thank you all for sharing with and inspiring me!!

Hello Euromama, welcome!

I just ran around and tidied a couple stray items, now set on housework except for dishes and running trash/recycling out to the alley.

easy day tomorrow:

pick up D

possible lunch at costco?

she must take a nap.

eyebrow appt 2:30

(thanks for reminding me, bejeweled! I have let them go since December and will have them done at one of the fancier places for once, yay!)

play hard and get to bed early!!

#318 ·
Good Morning. This place is an absolute MESS. Somehow it just exploded.

Today I:
*made breakfast and tea
*got a giddy, happy DD off to school (she's so excited about Valentine's Day)
heartbeat.gif

*picked up some milk and eggs
*took out the trash
*made the bed
*straightened up a lot
*changed the bathroom and kitchen towels
*walked
thumb.gif

*went to the grocery store
*took DD to horse riding
*exchanged beautiful Valentines with DH and DD
love.gif

#319 ·
Welcome Euromom!

Happy Valentines Day everyone!!
blowkiss.gif

I have so much to do today and Im SO SO sick to my stomach. Im going to try to work while I feel up to it then rest when I feel sick again. Slow and steady wins the race when it comes to getting things done. The movers are bringing everything back from Okinawa tomorrow
joy.gif
so I need to get some stuff done before they get here..

TO Dos Today:

Finish up the knitting project Im working on

clean up the living room and vacuum up the crumbs

line the cupboards in the kitchen

line the drawers in the kitchen

put away the dishes in the dishwasher and do the next load

hang and put away clothes as best as possible

put together drawers that are apart and all over the bedroom floor

try to at least put all the stuff that doesn't have a home yet in one room so the movers can come in easier

clean bathroom and put down rugs

sew 1 project bag

sew 4 living room curtains and hang (needs to be hung before TMO comes tomorrow)

take a shower

shopping list

go out and get yarn for 1 project and some food

have the girls do a few Valentines day projects

Im sure there is more but I doubt Ill get that done. Off to start because if I don't at least start something then I KNOW nothing will get done :)

#320 ·
Ive decided to alternate 10 minutes of working with 10 minutes of doing something that doesn't require me to be up on my feet. Hopefully then I can get some stuff done.. First 10 minutes Im going to clean up the living room, put the air mattress away and vacuum up the crumbs. When Im done with that Im going to spend 10 minutes knitting.

Reactions: *bejeweled*
#322 ·
Sorry you're feeling so yucky, Okimom! That makes it really hard to get things done. It must be exciting to have your things coming tomorrow!

Despite taking meds and lying down at a decent hour I could not get to sleep until at least 4:30 this morning, but I made sure to get up at 11:00 so I can get things done. I'm so done with this insomnia, darn it! Go awaaaay!

I'm dressed, put a load of laundry together for DH to take to the complex laundry room to wash--I'll hang it later.

My hopes for today:

*hang laundry

*sort through at least 2 drawers in the living room

*minestrone for dinner

*walk

*clean the outside of the 2 drawers & 2 cupboards beside the stove--they're so gross!

Happy Valentines Day! DH got me a card and a cute pair of Valentine socks.
heartbeat.gif

#324 ·
Quote:
My hopes for today:

*hang laundry to dry also put away the laundry that was hung yesterday

*sort through at least 2 drawers in the living room

*minestrone for dinner

*walk and cashed in over $5 of returnable bottles & cans as part of the walk

*clean the outside of the 2 drawers & 2 cupboards beside the stove--they're so gross!
So far I've cleaned the outside AND inside of one drawer and the second drawer has been emptied and sprayed down. Didn't make sense not to do the insides since I was doing the outsides. I also wiped down the fridge.

ETA: Clean inside and outside of both drawers and cupboards, woot! Purged a handful of things into the trash and giveaway box in the process. DH has gotten into the spirit and is doing some dusting.

#325 ·
*hang laundry I also put away the dry laundry from the racks

*sort through at least 2 drawers in the living room Sorted through the whole sideboard/dresser thingy! Helps that I did it a few-ish months ago

*minestrone for dinner Just need to put the leftovers in the fridge and freezer

*walk And returned about 100 cans/bottles for deposit as part of the walk

*clean the outside of the 2 drawers & 2 cupboards beside the stove--they're so gross! Cleaned the outsides and insides

Also shredded some papers, boxed up a return to ship back to Amazon tomorrow, and folded about a dozen paper cranes. I was on a roll today. Sooo thankful my pain and mood have been pretty good today! And hubby did a bit of dusting, tidied my cooking mess, and swiffered the kitchen floor. When he sees me doing things he wants to do things too, yay!

Reactions: *bejeweled*
#326 ·
Good Morning. It's a low energy morning, so I'm taking it easy. I think it's going to rain today...
smile.gif

I'm so blah today. Just drank a fruit smoothie. Hopefully that'll pep me up.

Today I:
*made breakfast and
teapot2.GIF

*got DD off to school
*gathered the trash
*answered a job related email
*made the bed
*finally put away all of the clean clothes!
smile.gif

*sorted dirty clothes
*washed 5 loads of laundry
thumb.gif

*made a job phone call
*made lunch and rinsed the dishes
*read a little and napped
*paid for my professional exam. Yes!
thumb.gif

*had Subway for dinner

I hope to:
*watch Survivor tonight
banana.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.