10-15 Minute Cleaning Sessions (New Thread) - Page 41 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1201 of 1665 Old 12-28-2012, 04:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How cool is that? This is my very first ever project. I am making a blanket. Nice and simple. But the yarn colors are gorgeous. Variegated purples, whites, reds, pinks, greens, etc. smile.gif Wow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaFrench View Post

... what are you making in crochet ?
i used to crochet quite a lot ....
am trying to use some skeins i baught more than 6 months ago, it's variegated & i couldn't find the "right" crochet stitch to make the colors stand out so i ended up kniting instead, which i'm not so good at, am working at the same time on both front sides of a future top, that may or may not have short sleeves ... i could only get 4 skeins in that color, so no idea yet what the end garment will look like - i may have to knit the back in a solid color instead ....

a few weeks back i used up some rather thick acrylic wool (i can't wear wook, i scratch all the time ....) to crochet some simple hats & gave one to the friend who came to visit today !

Me afro.jpg reading.gif Wife and Mom to modifiedartist.gif cat.gifdog2.gif.
#1202 of 1665 Old 12-29-2012, 03:29 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

i really like variegated wool ...

baby blankets are my stapple .... i started making some 14 years ago .... sometimes i think it's a bit like a disease in me (last year, i made some for expectant mums .... who were not expecting any present from me .... couldn't help it LOL)

am now trying to "banch out" onto something else

met a (now) IRL friend via meetup & we meet at the park & she crochet A LOT

so i get ideas from her .... (am not using pintrest, but plan to go and snoop on her pin rest thing, she has a tablet - which i haven't-, so was showing me all sort of things at our last playdate ...)

this past few months i made a few marketing bags in coton (to cut down the use of plastic bags when i go to the market) .... the first one i made had holes a bit too large for the day when i baught some very small courgettes LOL, so i've been customising the subsequent ones (am not tall so have to keep an eye for total lenght, otherwise, with 2 kg of apple and some veggies in there, it would touch the ground !!!)

today i only

- washed up for last night & shined the sink

- one load of bedding (still neet to be put up to dry, & another one needs to be processed)

- baught a gift certificate via internet for my sister so that she can go and get a masssage

(it's the FIRST time that their system with the bank ringing me instantly to give me a one time only 6 digit code to enter on the web page as i pay EVER WORKED !!!!)

- am also trying to work out some changes to the date pudding recipe (cannot lay my hands on DH's grandmother recipe anymore .....) since the one i made a few days back was good, but more cake style than sticky pudding ....

- am going to present small slices of blood saussage to the chilren for lunch today, don't think they'll like it but am tired of not cooking a more varied diet ....

- also managed to fit 3 pieces for the 1000 pieces puzzle (zebras too !!!!!!!) that father Christmas gave me .... (there wasn't much choice in the shop i went to ... otherwise i would have chosen something a tad easier ..... on the other hand, it's a teaching opportunity for the children => when it looks to hard, keep at it & try again ....)

#1203 of 1665 Old 12-29-2012, 05:21 AM

This is funny. lol.gif

[quote name="IsaFrench"
this past few months i made a few marketing bags in coton (to cut down the use of plastic bags when i go to the market) .... the first one i made had holes a bit too large for the day when i baught some very small courgettes LOL, so i've been customising the subsequent ones (am not tall so have to keep an eye for total lenght, otherwise, with 2 kg of apple and some veggies in there, it would touch the ground !!!)

#1204 of 1665 Old 12-29-2012, 05:24 AM

So far today I am nursing a little cough that DD has somehow managed to pass on to DH and me... I'm so happy I took the big tree down yesterday. My dining room is now all clean and fresh. coolshine.gif We still have up the little tree and all the lights.

So far I:
-made breakfast and coffee
-rinsed the dishes and cleaned the counters
-cleaned both bathrooms
-cleaned the dining room table and mirrors
-put out all the trash
-supervised DD's cleaning of her room. Done. thumb.gif
-straightened up a lot
-unpacked the clothes
-baked pumpkin bread with DD and her friends
-made dinner
-started load #2 wash.gif

I hope to:
-crochet smile.gif
-change the sheets on 2 beds
-walk

#1205 of 1665 Old 12-29-2012, 05:26 AM

Oh, I love.gif the baby blankets. My Mom made one for DD and it's really special.

#1206 of 1665 Old 12-30-2012, 08:35 AM

hello, hope everyone has had a good Sunday ...

i slept all morning (have big sleeping issues lately)

SO had to pick up big way early afternoon since DH and 3 kids "self-managing" creates more mess in general

requested help to move chairs from the kitchen & to have it swept whislt i washed and dressed so managed to mop kitchen floor as well as toilet floor

on top of the usual daily chores

have a towels load in the machine (on top of the daily load that is up on the drying rack already)

am about to march all 3 kids into town (20 minutes x2 = good exercise) so that we can return Narnia 2 to the rental place and possibly get Narnia 3

that way, IF i sleep well tonight, i might be in a better shape tomorrow morning to accomplish a bit more tidying whilst they watch a film ...

#1207 of 1665 Old 12-30-2012, 08:54 AM

Hi IsaFrench. wave.gif
That walk sounds nice. That's my #1 priority. To get back to walking daily, starting today.
So far I:
-put out the trash
-made lunch and did cleanup
-read the NYTimes and rested
-crocheted a lot smile.gif
-went out to dinner with DH and DD

#1208 of 1665 Old 12-31-2012, 01:02 PM

Happy New Year! champagne.gif It's a cozy, rainy day here. smile.gif
So far I:
-put out the trash
-made the beds
-straightened up
-went to an appointment
-went to the mall with DD. Fun. smile.gif
-picked up pizza for lunch
-crocheted
-watched DD learn to use her loom smile.gif Her friend taught her.
-went to the drugstore
-cooked dinner

I hope to:
-rest awhile
-maybe go to a New Year's Eve service tonight

#1209 of 1665 Old 12-31-2012, 01:15 PM

Happy New Year to you !

today i :

- decluttered 32 items (made it only up to 944 out of 2012, am going to switch to the 2013 in 2013 thread)

- did a bit of my too huge puzzle (these zebras are starting to take shape ...)

- took out the trash and dropped the recyling (we only do some plastics and some cardboard, with the occasional glass bottle, i never bother with the paper bin,i should though .... maybe that should be a New Year's resolution ???)

- two loads, one of them bedding (all kids done, our bed next)

- sink/toilet/inside bath

- did a bit of shopping (tried to this morning, it was packed, turned around and came back later ...)

- walked to town and back to exchange the kids video rental ... apparently, if i remain in bed for a little more time after they finish watching it tomorrow morning, they'll get a surprise for me ..

- made a kind of banana bread (but not as good as our date pudding,) which got drenched in custard & decortated with the local version of m& m's ....

- made some green soup (which i need to transfer in a container and put in the fridge ...)

- called an elderly aunt & a sister who had left a message earlier

am going to knit a bit in front of the tv and then go to bed !

#1210 of 1665 Old 12-31-2012, 04:10 PM

Looks like we're in for the night. I'm not interested in the crowds and the wet roads. So it'll be a nice evening in crocheting and looming. smile.gif

#1211 of 1665 Old 01-01-2013, 02:41 AM

looming ? ... i'd like to learn that (i should think ...)

#1212 of 1665 Old 01-01-2013, 06:55 AM

Looming seems way cool and can be easy. You weave your yarn onto the loom and pull it out the bottom. Fun. http://www.michaels.com/Romantic-Scarf/kd3282,default,pd.html?cgid=products-kidsteachers-craftkits&start=4

#1213 of 1665 Old 01-01-2013, 07:00 AM

January 1, 2013. Wow. That'll take a while to sink in. So far today I:
-cleaned out the refrigerator yikes.gif
-put out the trash
-washed a few big pots
-cleaned the microwave
-put on the coffee and made breakfast
-set up my new planner
-changed the sheets on one bed
-went to the drugstore
-washed a blanket and a bunch of towels
-am crocheting crochetsmilie.gif
-walked

I hope to:
-find some good tv to veg to
-change the sheets on another bed
-start a new journal notes.gif

#1214 of 1665 Old 01-01-2013, 09:43 AM

Just got back from a trip to visit my inlaws.. Won't be doing that again for a long long time.. Today I need to:

clean out the van, clean the carseats and vacuum van

take the van to a washing place and get it washed

clean up the house

put together the new toys the children got

reorganize the playroom

clean out the fridge (forgot to dispose of the fruit and veggies before we left so they went bad..ewww)

empty the luggage and put the luggage away

clean up the rest of the things in the living room

Go through trip pictures and post them on Facebook so everyone can see them.. Hopefully before I get an e-mail "when are you uploading the pictures"

Thats it Im thinking. I have a bunch more to do to recover from the "vacation" but I don't see even getting this much done today.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#1215 of 1665 Old 01-01-2013, 04:37 PM

Happy New Year everyone....champagne.gif  I have great hopes for this year.....

Today so far:

made bed

brought in washing

to do:

load of washing

dress to go to family get together

pack food to take

survive family get together

SAHM to three
#1216 of 1665 Old 01-01-2013, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkiMom View Post

Just got back from a trip to visit my inlaws.. Won't be doing that again for a long long time..

ROTFLMAO.gif

SAHM to three
#1217 of 1665 Old 01-01-2013, 04:47 PM

lol.gifnod.gif

[quote name="clutterwarrior" url="

survive family get together

#1218 of 1665 Old 01-01-2013, 09:35 PM

I think I joined this thread a long while back, but forgot about it. So, I'm jumping in again. I just spent today (well, yesterday) folding and putting away tons of laundry and I still have a half ton left. It's 12:30am, but it's never too early to set goals for the day, right?

Vacuum all rooms
Vacuum stairs

Sort, fold and put away at least half of the laundry pile
Wash floor by front door
Put books back into bookcase (thank you, Baby Girl)
Clean refrigerator

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

#1219 of 1665 Old 01-02-2013, 07:34 AM

didn't do much yesterday

today, did quite a few "15 minutes" bursts

SO that i can go & swim (if i get on the "right" bus, the two nearest pool are being cleaned during the school holidays ...)

- washed up shined the sink// sanitised toilet/ cleaned sink and inside of bath

- swept and mopped the long front balcony (including using a knitting needle to go and rake inside the water evacuation pipes so that they don't get clogged at the next big storm)

- one load done and up on said long (and clean now !) long balcony

- swept and mopped kitchen and toilet floor

- found the remaining skein of wook i had misplaced (tomorrow, planning to go back to the indoor carpeted play area where i chat and knit and crochet with with a friend .... am looking forward to knitting some more .... though that is a bit of a conflict since a new year's resolution i'd like to implement would be to spend time on the slides and trampoline with the children instead of sending them off so that i can feel kid-less for a little while ....

- replied to a few e-mail (still in shock, someone i knew from school, like ... in the late 70's.... is separating from her husband after 34 years together ....)

- proof-read a story installment written by DD1 to be sent to our local expat newsletter before the deadline tomorrow (she's writing a short story in 10 installments, September to June, i wonder where she gets that imagination .... certainly not from me LOL, am in admiration of her ability ...)

i wonder now where the time has gone ... i mean, i've been "doing stuff" for more than 2 hours .... but writing it now, it doesn't seem like much after all !!!!

have been sometimes regretting over the last year that my children won't get to see their only remaining grand-mother ... but on the other hand am SO relieved that i no longer have to deal with the "survive family get together" issues ... it's hard to be sure that whatever decisions i took when i put my foot down/set some limits/got more "vocal" to be finally heard ... will be the "right ones" in the long term ...

am definite that i want to protect my children from the emotional turmoil that breaks us when in touch with the ILs ... yet right now, am not sure that/if DH wouldn't need emotional support from his family of origin .... am not sure he wants it, am not sure they would want to give it to him, even be capable of giving it to him ....yet am conscious of having burned bridges ... mind you, I didn't burn bridges actually ... i just stated my opinion, which wasn't painting the perfect picture they wanted & it's their side who decided that NOBODY in the whole of England wanted to talk to me so i'd better keep off the land & not contact anyone .... don't know if it is because i'm perverse, but when i found out from SIL that one cousin was being ordained a vicar last summer & there would be a pot luck in a school the evening we were landing nearby for a week's holiday ... i just COULDN' t resist telling DH that indeed she was the cousin he most wanted to see, so why not drop by in such a public place amongst CHRISTIAN people ...who surely would be above creating family drama .... all went reasonnably well, we arrived before the end, found a shop a few minutes before arriving so didn't arrive empty handed either, DH's sister ignored me (which suited me very well) but asked DH to say sorry (he still doesn't know what about  but complied ... because some family members act a bit like bullies ....)

& i 'st a pity am still raw about part of the issue ... i have a few mugs i baught at the church the following day after her first service there .... most day, i drink tea frome these .... makes me feel that i got my revenge (look, MIL ... how childish were you reactions last spring .... i got there anyway AND talked with some family members ....) => am praying for a day when i don't feel much about the whole issue now ....

#1220 of 1665 Old 01-02-2013, 09:30 AM

Hi Mrs. Mike.

IsaFrench, I know what you mean. I deal with some of the same issues. On the one hand, I don't want to be disrespected and walked over, on the other hand, I don't want to cause friction. I usually choose to say something (or write a letter) and deal with the consequences. After the big explosion, I'm usually given more respect because I put my foot down. Oh well, one of my favorite quotes is: "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is in trying to please everyone."

So far today I:
-put out the trash
-swept and mopped the kitchen floor
-changed the bathroom rugs
-changed the sheets on one bed
-crochetsmilie.gif
-went out to dinner with DH and DD
-have washed 2 loads of wash.gif

#1221 of 1665 Old 01-02-2013, 08:52 PM

Can anyone just jump in here?

I am trying to get some routines back up and running and work on our house...

and also feel better about how much stuff I am actually doing.

Today I

- made breakfast and coffee

- washed dishes

- partially unpacked and put away my clothes from a trip

- put away kitchen stuff & food we brought back from trip

- did a load of laundry

- ran a cleaning cycle through washer

- vacuumed and mopped kitchen, hallway, and part of living room floor

- went to work, compiled a report, cleared and organized desk, did some long overdue filing (among other things)

- made dinner

- washed more dishes

- made some plans for this weekend

- went to rehab center (with baby!) to coordinate my grandma's discharge and help her collect her things

- deposited a check

- listened to bible reading for week

- did most of next-day prep routine

- did 2-minute declutter of entryway area

- wiped down counters, quick-mopped kitchen/dining room floor, cleaned up after baby

- assorted baby nursings, carryings, playings, and putting to sleeps

still need to

- write!

#1222 of 1665 Old 01-03-2013, 07:43 AM

Of course. Jump in. smile.gif Welcome. And Wow, you accomplished a lot in one day.

quote name="esinedeggplant" url="/community/t/1340559/10-15-minute-cleaning-sessions-new-thread/1220#post_17218084"]Can anyone just jump in here?

#1223 of 1665 Old 01-03-2013, 07:49 AM

Good Morning.
So far I:
-am about to make coffee, made breakfast
-vacuumed
-had DD clean her craft area thumb.gif
-wrapped a gift for a friend
-put out the trash
-made the beds
-went to the grocery store
-crochetsmilie.gif
-cooked
-walked jog.gif

I hope to:
-get out of the house and do something with DD tomorrow

#1224 of 1665 Old 01-03-2013, 09:16 AM

Hello, we did go out today .... am spent now .... whilst i was mostly sitting down knitting in the play place we went to

.... but some of the vents were really noisy & listening to conversation in english (not my mother tongue) in a noisy environment => super tired !!!

- on the way back we dropped back a video rental & took another one (to buy me another hour of sleep tomorrow, didn't work out a few days ago, they did make noise at 6:40 am ....)

- stopped at the library so that DS would read a little bit (he did, a comics, better than nothing)

- walked back home via the baker but it was closed, nobody knows why .... should pop out again shortly to try to get us fresh baguette ...

- did a good hour of various housechores (sink/toilet/washbasin/bath, my 4 water points basically + changed one bed and started the washing machine + changed the bin liner, emptied our water bottle and sprayed them with cleaning product - we all 5 of us drink out of them so i think that they need some desinfecting after most every use ...), am glad we ate out at the play place = one less meal to take care of .... Christmas school holidays used to be 1 week and a half, now it's changed to two weeks, to make sure that the skiing industry get two weeks worth of customers .... am just looking forward to next week when all 3 kids will be eating at school 4 days a week !!!!!!!!

- rang a knitting shop in town, they DO have Tunisian crochets in 3 sizes (same size as a knitting needle but with a hook on one side) so am going to try to pop by tomorrow or the day after to buy them .....

- set both eldest kids to sit down to homework for 45 minutes (and there's some more to do)

.... i had announced a "TV free day" but i just needed a break at the computer & they did go and sit to do homework without grumbling ...

am about to go and try buy bread

+ must remember to the shears out, have been meaning to cut DS's hair for quite a few weeks, the more i wait, the harder it is ...

need to do that before i send him for a bath ...

#1225 of 1665 Old 01-03-2013, 09:53 PM

Today:

- made coffee

- made bed

- swished/swiped bathrooms

- vacuumed and mopped 2nd room & bathroom in a battle against sudden swarm of ants, also put coffee grounds in the yard for same reason

- put food & water out for dogs

- pumped

- read DT

- did a little bit of research & made notes to prep for teaching a class

- made lunch for DD (I ended up eating it. It was a baked sweet potato but I put a little coconut oil on it, she doesn't seem to like it)

- made dinner in crockpot + rice

- picked up living room & 2nd room, put away more stuff from front door

- made appt for salvation army to pick up old recliner

- did half-assed half load of laundry

- yard time & read books w/ DD

- listened to magazine articles

- tried to think of extremely cheap things to make for this weekend

- rescued husband after he locked himself out of warehouse

- changed DD a kazillion times

- revised story for 20 min

and wasted a bunch of time on the internet.

#1226 of 1665 Old 01-04-2013, 04:50 AM

Ok, Im still working on my list from Monday.. Today I will (well, hopefully will orngbiggrin.gif)

-clean the living room

-clean the hall way

-clean the girls room

-clean the master bedroom

- clean the playroom

-organize toys

-make new chore cards for the kids

- laminate new chore cards

-do at least half of DD1's birthday scarf

First thing though I need to go feed the kids, nurse the baby, change diapers, take DS to the potty (hes obsessed with the potty right now, ok with me less diapers to change) and dress everyone.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#1227 of 1665 Old 01-04-2013, 07:14 AM

Good Morning. It's Friday. I've been losing track of the days...
So far I:
-made coffee and breakfast
-straightened the living room
-put out the trash and turned on the fan
-soaked the dishes
-visited a good friend all day and cooked gumbo love.gif
-crochetsmilie.gif

I hope to:
-make sure DD plays her piano
-clean the bathrooms
-clear the hallway
-walk

I hope you have a nice day. smile.gif

#1228 of 1665 Old 01-04-2013, 11:22 AM

Hello,here Friday is coming to a close ...

- went to the market this morning

- two loads of laundry up to dry, two down folded, nearly put away

- my 4 water points of the flat, was thinking of wiping the surfaces of the bathroom but it hasn't happened yet ...

- DH sort of vaccumed & put away dry dishes

- had one hour alone to catch up on e-mails

- took the kids to town to run two errands ....

- played some more of the board games they got for Christmas

- sat the two eldest down to nearly finish homework for Monday ....

am about to debone a chicken and serve dinner ....

still not done much from my master list of last week ....it will be either evenings (but then i want to sit to my puzzle or knit in front of the TV)

or Monday and Tuesday when they'll get to school .....)

#1229 of 1665 Old 01-04-2013, 12:09 PM

Busy few days here. I haven't been able to accomplish much. Today I need to:

Clean refrigerator

Wash dishes

Fold and put away laundry

Clean bathroom

Clean floor by the front door, dammit

Sort and recycle papers

Make bed

Make bread

Make baked oatmeal

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

#1230 of 1665 Old 01-05-2013, 08:23 AM

Happy Saturday. smile.gif
So far today I:
-made breakfast
-straightened the living room
-cleaned the front and back bathrooms coolshine.gif
-put out the trash
-made the bed
-took DD to piano lesson
-went to the bank, picked up lunch
-crochetsmilie.gif
-rested
-made dinner and did cleanup
-cleaned the litter box

I hope to:
-clear the hallway
-walk

Tags
Decluttering , Organizing , Simplifying

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page