10-15 Minute Cleaning Sessions (New Thread) - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 1665 Old 02-03-2012, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I went to the GYM today. OMG. Bf bought us a gym membership!

I also start school in March, officially. Figured out classes and CLEP tests and everything!    :)

Girls gone for the weekend, so I am prepping for our Sunday Superbowl party. 

*bejeweled* likes this.
#242 of 1665 Old 02-03-2012, 08:01 PM

Got to North Carolina at like 2 am this morning and spent the day running around in circles and getting nothing accomplished. Went to look at the mobile home we were going to rent and found out it was not going to work (the pictures that they sent where NOT what they showed us, Im glad we didn't sign the lease without seeing it first!), went to get base decals for the car to find out I need a print out of my whole insurance policy, tried to pick up jackets since we couldn't find any in Florida and it was a wash, tried to find a cake for my son's birthday tomorrow and couldn't find one that would work. Finally gave up around 1830 and came back to the hotel and found out the kitty has been sick. He threw up all over the hotel room, it was a mess. Then I spent a good few hours keeping the kids from destroying the room and finally got them to bed around 2200. Im BEAT. Hopefully tomorrow goes better.

Tomorrow is my son's first birthday! I need to:

unearth the presents from the bottom of the boxes in the car

wrap the presents that need to be wrapped

bring up the rest of the luggage and hang up things

pick up around the hotel room

find a cake a giraffes for the top of it

decorate the room for T's birthday

view a couple of houses

call a few places that are renting

give the kitty a bath and if he doesn't seem better and isn't able to keep food down I have to find a vet

figure out where the trash is around here so I can dump the bags that accumlated in the car

Other things I need to work on:

work on the beanie I'm knitting

figure out what needs to get done this month

sew buttons on my son's birthday shirt.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#243 of 1665 Old 02-04-2012, 08:22 AM

Good Morning Everyone.
Oki, good luck finding the right place. Cultivatingmyroots, cool that you went to the gym. Good to see you MP. smile.gif

So far today I:
*am enjoying the beautiful rain...
*made breakfast and tea
*gathered all the trash and took it out
*bathed and got dressed
*made the bed
*took DD to piano and horseriding
*read smile.gifreading.gif
*washed one load of laundry
*cleaned the litter box
*made dinner and did cleanup

I hope to:
*color my hair

Me afro.jpg reading.gif Wife and Mom to modifiedartist.gif cat.gifdog2.gif.
#244 of 1665 Old 02-04-2012, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

@ Okimom - That sounds so miserable.   :(   I am sure the perfect place is just waiting for you!

@bejeweled - We need rain here in Norcal, I envy you your showers! I also just colored my hair, I henna mine red. What are you doing with yours?

Today has been a prep for our Superbowl party, Bf is running cables and teching stuff to stream the video from online, since we have no desire to get cable. He also bought us a new and better wireless router and the face plates to make it a pro install. I am SO very happy to know he does things right (and knows how; I would be SO LOST!!!). I am making a junk food trophy queso bowl, and prepping our snack food. Hoping to also hit the gym and West Coast Swing classes tonight!

(Plus fit in sewing eventually.....)

Go MAMAS!!!

#245 of 1665 Old 02-04-2012, 05:04 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Today I:

did a 2 min hot spot thingie

unloaded the dishwasher

did some professional reading

vacuumed kitchen and living room

went hiking in this gorgeous sunny weather, with dh and ds! woohoo

I will:

fold my laundry that's in the dryer

go to the downtown first saturday arts celebration and eat out for dinner!

I'm trying to start making the bed every morning but on the weekends me and dh tend to get up at different times, so one of us can sleep in while the other hangs out with ds (who does not understand this "sleeping in" thing). Today I got up first. I hope I get my turn to sleep in tomorrow! Even if it's just half an hour extra in bed by myself, it feels soooooooo good...

At home amongst the redwoods treehugger.gif with my husband and my son, born 7/5/11 familybed1.gif  Instant CNM, just add caffix.gif !

#246 of 1665 Old 02-05-2012, 08:26 AM

Hey Cultivatingmyroots, your hair color is pretty. loveeyes.gif I'm coloring mine black. I love black hair on me. Hopefully I can get to it today.

So far today I:
*made breakfast and tea
*did my weigh in. I lost 2.5 pounds this week! joy.gif
*took a nap
*made the bed
*gathered the trash
*made lunch
*rinsed the dishes and cleaned the counters
*painted rocks with DD love.gif
*picked up dinner

Have a nice day. smile.gif

#247 of 1665 Old 02-05-2012, 02:50 PM

Hi everyone....things have been hectic over the last week so I haven't checked in much but back to it now!

Oki I hope things look up for you soon. Happy 1st birthday to your son...I find it hard to believe it's a year since he was born, seems only a few months ago!  smile.gif

Well done B with your weight loss!! smile.gif

The One Million Kilo Challenge I am doing to lose weight is Week 1 down and I have lost 1.6kg...(think that's about 3.5 pounds) Doesn't sound a huge amount but I think it would have been more if we hadn't gone away for the weekend and gone out to dinner two nights in a row! Back to the grindstone now so hopefully better results next week.

P.S...don't know why that is showing in bold! But I can't seem to change it....

Done so far today:

made 3 beds

sheets off another bed

cleaned computer desk area

cleaned coffee table in the lounge room

hung out delicates

washed two loads

hung out clothes

got DS off to school

printed out meal plans

wrote shopping list

to do:

shower and get ready to go out

go to gym

mail letters

shop for food

put groceries away

wash sheets

dry sheets

make bed

ring my mother

try to list some things for sale

clean downstairs shower and toilet

sweep downstairs

prepare dinner

clean up

do some scrapbooking

SAHM to three
#248 of 1665 Old 02-05-2012, 03:58 PM

Congrats on the weight loss CW! partytime.gif Good to see you.

#249 of 1665 Old 02-06-2012, 12:13 AM

Congrats on the weight loss bejeweled and clutter! Awesome job both of you.

I'm feeling more optimistic about finding a new house.. We have a line on a person who specializes in finding houses for people with pets (our major problem right now, most people want either you to buy or no pets!) so we are calling first thing tomorrow. Ive already looked over her website and wrote down all the addresses for houses she has for rent that 1) takes pets, 2) is close to base and 3) is within our price range. Theres one Im particularly fond of thats a more old fashion house and looks great from the pictures. Its HUGE though, 1700 sq ft plus garage and detached storage unit, so I don't know if I want something that big but its been on the market for a renter for a while so they just dropped the rent price.. We shall see tomorrow.

House hunting tomorrow which means a lot of driving around and waiting for people.. Im bring along:

An Angel x-stitch ornament kit

prayer shawl Ive been working on

a cozy I'm working on for a swap

the hat I'm test knitting

a shirt that needs buttons and button holes seam ripped

the barn purse I need to cast on walls for

A monster I'm knitting

a grenade I'm knitting for my husband

I figure among those I should find something that I can get myself to work on orngbiggrin.gif I have been having some major troubles concentrating on anything so lets hope I can concentrate on something.

Going to go finish the laundry so I get at least a couple of hours of sleep before my alarm goes off.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#250 of 1665 Old 02-06-2012, 06:26 AM

Today- I sent kids to school and washed a load of clothes- I have to go clean another house today so I won't be cleaning much here.

mdcblog5.gifsaynovax.giffambedsingle2.gifhomebirth.jpg

#251 of 1665 Old 02-06-2012, 06:37 AM

Good Morning Ladies.

Today I:
*made breakfast and teapot2.GIF
*got DD off to school
*took out the trash
*went to an appointment
*made a quick grocery run
*read reading.gif
*cooked dinner

I hope to:
*fold some laundry

#252 of 1665 Old 02-06-2012, 06:57 AM

Good morning, mommas.

bejeweled and clutter, good for you on the weight loss! Feels good to see those numbers come down. :)

Oki, I hope you have a very productive day. I will be sending "happy new home" thoughts your way through out the day. Good luck finding the perfect place to settle!

So far this morning, I:

...packed lunches and snacks

...made breakfast for the boys

...got them to school

...did some catching up on emails

I would like to:

...pick up, wipe down the table, sweep/vacuum

...clean up the kitchen - dishes, counters, sweep and mop

...take a shower and get out the door by 10:45

...visit with some momma friends and their cute babies

...come home and clean my room (ie, sort through mountains of laundry!)

#253 of 1665 Old 02-06-2012, 07:13 AM

Ok Im no longer optimistic.. Everyone wants you to buy a house.. There is over 3000 houses in Jacksonville alone up for sale because military members buy property thinking that they could sell it in a couple of years when they get new orders. But it doesn't work then they are stuck with a house they can't sell and don't want to rent. So, all the "rental agents" are pushing you to buy because they make huge bonuses from selling these houses that have been vacant for a while. I don't want to buy.. Seriously its not happening and i don't believe the lies. So far we have heard we can't rent because: we have kids, we have a german shepard mix (according to the person its against the law to rent to someone who has a german shepard, the person HAS TO buy), we are a military family, we have less than 3 years on our order.. etc etc etc.. Seriously, give me a break. I just want a house/apartment without the hassle.

Ok, off to pout a little, drink a soda and contemplate how much I hate moving. THEN Ill go back on the search.

#254 of 1665 Old 02-06-2012, 07:22 AM

YUCK. You should not buy a house you are not going to live in for more than 3 years.  That is not smart I don't think- for the reasons you stated above.  Hope you find what you are looking for!

#255 of 1665 Old 02-06-2012, 09:34 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

"So, all the "rental agents" are pushing you to buy because they make huge bonuses from selling these houses that have been vacant for a while. I don't want to buy.. Seriously its not happening and i don't believe the lies."

Stick to your guns!! Our FORMER real estate agent who we asked to help us find a rental first with the expectation of looking for a house to buy within a year or so (we moved here from across the country) was absolutely useless. He kept showing us houses for sale and telling us the rental market was nonexistent, especially since we have 2 cats. In the end we just had to craigslist-crawl ourselves, and we did end up with the perfect rental situation. It's totally not in the agents' interests to get you into a rental.

At home amongst the redwoods treehugger.gif with my husband and my son, born 7/5/11 familybed1.gif  Instant CNM, just add caffix.gif !

#256 of 1665 Old 02-06-2012, 01:15 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

OkiMom, I'm sorry you're going through this. I hope you find the perfect rental. Stay strong. hug2.gif

I'm digging in! 1st session:

#257 of 1665 Old 02-06-2012, 02:11 PM

I would not do a rental thru a real estate agent- I would go to craigs list, newspaper etc. Lots of places are listed for rent around here now due to taxes being done and people getting the money to move. Some landlords wait till around now to list vacancies here because they get more people interested and can pick thru them.

#258 of 1665 Old 02-06-2012, 06:08 PM

Unfortunately the rental properties are almost all through rental agents since 99% of them are from military families who buy a house then have to PCS so they hire agents to get someone to rent or buy the property. The only one being rented by an individual the family is in Africa and want to mail us the keys AFTER we send them the money and deposit. NO THANKS, I don't send money to anyone sight unseen and I don't rent from someone who isn't in the country and doesn't have anyone taking care of the property in the country (if the property even exists which is questionable with as many scams are around military areas like this one).

Tomorrow is another day :) I know the house for us is out there, just need to keep positive and keep looking..

Tomorrow I'm going to:

go to two appointments: 1 at noon to look at several rentals and one at 2 to look at another rental

scourer craigs list for more properties.

do several loads of laundry

try to finish the beanie Im knitting and start the vest- they are baby gifts for a friend due THIS MONTH who lives in another state

work on the mug cozy Im knitting for a swap

clean up around the hotel room and get new linens for the bed, the baby just threw up all over the place and the front desk is closed for the night.

#259 of 1665 Old 02-07-2012, 06:11 AM

Good Morning.
It is a low energy morning. I'm going to take it easy.

So far I:
*made breakfast and teapot2.GIF
*got DD off to school
*took out the trash
*cracked the window to get some fresh air in
*rinsed the dishes and cleaned the counters
*sorted wash.gif and started load #4 for the day
*am soaking a marker stain on DD's school shirt
*cleaned up cat mess yikes.gif
*made the bed
*went and got the cat some food
*am about to veg and watch a tv show. smile.gif
*folded a few clothes
*took a nap sleeping.gif
*emailed a prospective job
*took DD to horse riding

I hope to:
*color my hair
*research job search stuff
*walk

#260 of 1665 Old 02-07-2012, 06:16 AM

OkiMom, my husband and I ran into a scam like the one you're talking about. When we inquired about the property, they sent us a long email saying they are missionaries in Africa and would send us the keys after they get the money. When we googled the address of the house, we saw that it had been foreclosed on last year. We ran into another scam asking to run our credit report before showing the property. Identity theft. Luckily we didn't fall for it. I hope you find a nice home soon. We're hoping to move by April 1st.

My goal this morning is to have coffee and write. notes2.gif caffix.gif

#261 of 1665 Old 02-07-2012, 06:40 AM

Good morning!

bejeweled, a low key day sounds perfect right now...enjoy!

I had a birth last night, and didn't get much sleep before I woke up to get kids to school. I'd like to just go back to bed, but have a friend supposed to visit. So I will just apologize for my state when she gets here and plug through the day!

So far, I:

...got the boys to school

...stopped at a clients house to finish up some paperwork

...cleared up the front entryway a bit

Before my friend comes, I would like to:

...make a doctors appointment for myself

...start calling dentists for the kids to have appointments

...call to get the kids into a lottery for a charter school next year

...do dishes

...sweep and mop the kitchen

...wipe down the bathroom

...make chicken soup for dinner (it was so good!)

Have an efficient, productive day, everyone! smile.gif

Oki, I am hoping today is the day you find something...

#262 of 1665 Old 02-07-2012, 06:48 AM

It is so sad our military families have to go thru this.

#263 of 1665 Old 02-07-2012, 07:29 AM

Well, I come and go from here all the time, but I do still set my timer through out the day for 15 minutes to see how much I can get done.

My baby is 2 1/2 wks and I feel like my house is a mess and I can't keep up.

Today I:

Dropped my oldest off at school

Got the oil on my van changed

Talked to the bank about the fraud on my card

Now I need to:

Go to the Chiro in a half hour

Fold and put away laundry

Make my bed

Figure out what's for supper

Wash the dishes

Dust the top of my bookshelves

Pick up my oldest from school

Postpartum visit with the doula

SAHM  to 6run.gif

#264 of 1665 Old 02-07-2012, 08:30 AM

Poetry, I just pray some young family doesn't fall for it. A lot of military members are very very trusting and I can see one of them falling for it. It just struck me as weird that they had "suddenly" gone on a mission. Ive known quite a few missionaries from quite a few faiths and not one of them "suddenly" decided to go and all but 1 sold their house before leaving. The only one who didn't their adult son and his family lived there until they got back and took care of their business for them.

So, DH is looking at houses today and I'm taking care of a sick baby. Hes throwing up almost everything he takes in. Luckily hes still nursing, milk is the only thing hes keeping down. There is a nasty virus going around so the health department and base is asking if your child is throwing up not to take them out in public so I'm confined to the hotel with him. If he isn't able to keep more down by tonight though we will have to take him to the ER since we don't have primary physicians right now.

Ok, while Im sitting around Im going to try to finish the beanie Im knitting and work on a vest for a friend whos due this month.

#265 of 1665 Old 02-07-2012, 10:33 AM

I can't seem to make myself do anything today.  I hate it when i get like this... so much to do and I just can't get started.  Both kids are home sick and I am just frozen on the couch.

#266 of 1665 Old 02-07-2012, 10:54 AM

Oki, I hope your baby feels better soon.

I feel like I've been busy all morning, but I haven't accomplished much. Neither boy is feeling well and they both seem to constantly need me at the same time.

So far:

I made coffee and breakfast

Washed and hung a load of diapers

Ironed some clothes

Made lunch

#267 of 1665 Old 02-08-2012, 03:25 AM

I'm jumping in. I've been doing 10-15 minute sessions for years but need motivation and support. It's 3 a.m. and I just got done crying, thinking about our disaster of an apartment and how hard it is for me to get things done. dizzy.gif My mental and physical health get in the way but I also know I can do more than I am. If we had to move out of our apartment in a hurry for some reason right now our whole deposit would go to the cleaning. I'm embarrassed to have over even folks who know our place is messy and dirty. It's not as messy and dirty as some places but it's totally overwhelming me lately. So I'm joining in and setting my subscription to send new posts to my email immediately. Also joining the 2012 in 2012 challenge.

Kali (pka Michelle) ~ crunchy wife to Cory (09/06) ~ Mama to H (03/90) & I (06/92)--bothnocirc.gifbf.jpg BF for 35 consecutive months ~ angel1.gif x 4

#268 of 1665 Old 02-08-2012, 05:01 AM

Hugs- I am right where you are and have mental and physical issues as well.

I am glad you are joining- it really helps me sometimes... my house is still bad but at least I am doing something rather than nothing.

#269 of 1665 Old 02-08-2012, 06:24 AM

Hope everyone's babies are feeling better soon. DS is still throwing up if he eats anything other than breastmilk. Im so blessed he still nurses so at least hes staying hydrated and getting some nutrition.

Arain- I get mentally and physically exhausted when it comes to housekeeping, it seems like it NEVER get done. Hopefully this group helps you some..

Today Im staying at the hotel with the sick baby while DH drops off an application to the place we are trying to rent a house from. After he gets back we need to look at more houses on the computer just in case they say no about this one (you never know, even though there is NO reason for them to its always a possibility).

#270 of 1665 Old 02-08-2012, 06:34 AM

So far today- I waited for the tub to drain for an hour- yes an hour- ugh

which put us behind on everything.

I made coffee,

got kids to school- late

did a load of laundry- which is covered in something from the washer- I fear it is poop from ds's underwear- he has encopresis....

picked up stuff on living room floor

called and cried to my mom- she is coming sunday to help out. Thank goodness.

Going to-

take a shower-

do the dishes

continue to do laundry

pick up my friend to help me work here and at the house I am cleaning.

try not to have a nervous break down.

Tags
Decluttering , Organizing , Simplifying

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page