Stuff you never got it together enough to complete... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 01-04-2012, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Masel's post in another thread about Thank you notes from hr 40 th b- day that she wrote out and never mailed got me thinking about the 25 baby announcements made with profesessional portraits and never sent them out. Baby will be 2 in a few months.

We can't be the only ones. What did you never quite complete?

Post your embarrassing stuff here so I don't feel so bad.

Third generation WOHM. I work by choice.
#2 of 10 Old 01-04-2012, 11:25 PM

What are you going to do with all those portraits?  Will you toss them, or keep them for her 21st birthday party invitations? lol.gif

I can only think of all the unfinished craft projects I have round the place...countless half done scrapbooking layouts, cross stitch projects, tapestries.....hmmm Sheepish.gif

SAHM to three
#3 of 10 Old 01-05-2012, 12:31 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

So many things. so little space.

Cross stitch projects  I promise this will be the year I finish the halloween bathroom towels.

I have 2 latch hook kits I want to do

So much yarn

So much cross stitch

Dont get me started on photos.

Hummmm..... This is making me sad.

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#4 of 10 Old 01-06-2012, 08:03 AM

Ellien I still have two unfinished county scrolls from 10 years ago. Does that help?  lol

I worked on them this past spring and hoped to have them ready for the 10 year anniversary but then my DD got sick and I didn't get back to them. I tried painting something else last month and while I was able to finish it I realized that I have a bit of pregnancy induced carpal tunnel (I hope it is only pregnancy induced) so I know I'm off the hook for now. 

#5 of 10 Old 01-06-2012, 01:03 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I have a few boxes of decor that still haven't been unpacked/hung. We've been in this house for four years and will be putting it on the market this summer. Guess there's no point in unboxing them now. -.-

Just a homegrown heretic hopelessly in love with her amazing DH, 2.5 year old Eli, and now expecting a new arrival April 2015.
#6 of 10 Old 01-06-2012, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

Well, what did you do with the THank you notes, Masel? Just throw them out? I think I found one remaining wedding shower thank you (13 years ago) for someone I didn't have an address for. But it's still floating around.

What do I do with 20 never mailed birth announcements for a 2 year old?

Everyone else's stuff is like - things they still might get to. It's not totally toast yet. 

Third generation WOHM. I work by choice.
#7 of 10 Old 01-06-2012, 05:42 PM

I put them in the recycling bin. 

#8 of 10 Old 01-07-2012, 08:29 AM

Last year during my 2011 item declutter attempt I came across a stack of unfinished thank you notes from my baby shower...that was almost 2.5 years ago. I tossed them into recycling.

wash.gifMommy to my little Nugget bouncy.gifribboncesarean.gif 

144/2014 items decluttered   2/52 projects completed

#9 of 10 Old 01-07-2012, 09:21 AM

Re-covering the chairs! My cousin and his wife got the table & chairs when they got married in 2001 then gave them to us when we got married in 2008 so they've gotten quite a bit of use and are looking pretty shabby. I have the fabric and the staple gun... I just need to go DO IT!

Formerly known as "JessicaRenee".  hang.gif  Single mama to Jude (Sept '09)!  biggrinbounce.gif

#10 of 10 Old 01-07-2012, 10:19 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I have curtains which have been hung up for probably five years and moved house, but I have never actually sewn the hems. They are held up with safety pins! I sewed them and hug them up to get the length right but never got round to taking them back down to sew the hems, then when we were planning to move I thought I would leave them so I could adjust them for new windows. Well we've been here just over two years and they are still pinned.

For the birth annoucments, are they all filled in. If not and you are planing a birthday party maybe you could print out some inserts with the "2 years on" details and use them as party invitations.

Tags
Organizing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page