How do you organize your sweaters? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-26-2012, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I need ideas for sweater organization. I don't like to hang up sweaters b/c I don't like the pointy shoulder look so I have them all folded and stacked up in my closet. So I often end up forgetting about sweaters b/c I can't see them as well. (I also I live in TX where sweater weather days are few and far between...but man I <3 sweaters so I keep on buying them...but that's a different subject.) They also get wrinkly and some will get shoved to the back when I stack more on top, etc. Anyway, it's just not working for me. Any ideas on how to organize them better?

I'm talking about not only pull over sweaters, but cardigans, wraps, etc. But they're all knitted and would get the pointy shoulder problem if they were hung up.

Amanda praying.gif (31), RN, BSN
Catholic wife to guitar.gif (DH 28); mommy to blahblah.gif (DD 9), jog.gif (DS 6), angel2.gif (DS 11/09), angel1.gif (3/10), angel1.gif (6/10), our rainbow1284.gif (DS 1), and a surprise baby.gif (DD)

#2 of 4 Old 01-26-2012, 08:10 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

I fold them and hang them over the hanger like pants.  Really helps and I can still see them. 

#3 of 4 Old 01-26-2012, 10:38 AM

Sometimes I hang them over a shirt on a hanger - preppie-style, but without tying the sleeves. They don't slide off and the outfits can match that way.

#4 of 4 Old 01-29-2012, 10:53 AM

i live where i wear sweaters all year round lol, i have a separate area in the closet for them, on wire cube shelves... although i do hang up my "summer weight" sweaters because they are tightly knit enough, like a regular shirt, to not get the pointey shoulders look.  but this post is getting me motivated to organize my sweaters! :)

Katie, mommy to Oliver (2007) and brand new Ava Estelle (2014)! 
Decluttering Challenge:  303/2014 items are gone!
$728 made from selling my "stuff"
(I've gotten rid of 3711 items over the last four years on this forum! Last years selling total: $456)

Tags
Organizing , Simplifying

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page