How many teacups to keep? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-17-2012, 06:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

My girls like having tea parties, but otherwise the teacups don't get used much, except perhaps as "dessert cups" when we run out of clean dishes at the holidays or something.

I collect pottery mugs and have plenty of those for when friends come for tea or coffee.  I prefer the pottery mugs anyway.  I probably have about a dozen of those, which is plenty.

But I also have this nice china from my grandmother, in two patterns, and as I'm sending off a bunch of other matching items, I could send along some or all of the teacups and saucers and get more money for the lot. 

My girls like having tea parties with their friends, and I like to have a few extra in case they break, but...???  How many would you keep, assuming some will break over time?  I have two girls.  I seriously have about two dozen teacups and saucers, in two patterns, no less.  Gah.

What would you do?

- single homeschooling mom to 16, almost-15, 12, and 10
#2 of 4 Old 02-17-2012, 06:15 AM - Thread Starter

And to complicate it, I have eight adorable mini teacups and saucers as well...demitasse sized.  They are so CUTE and I remember using them when I visited my grandmother as a small child.  But really, we don't NEED them...  sigh.  I need a gentle kick in the butt here.  What is reasonable to keep?

#3 of 4 Old 02-18-2012, 03:57 AM - Thread Starter

Well, I couldn't wait.  twins.gif  I decided to keep 12 cups and 12 saucers in one pattern only, all full-sized cups, which I realize is extravagant, but it is FREE extravagance and I do have the storage space for these.

I also went through ALL the other pieces from my grandmother and kept only the items -- in uniform sizes that fit with what I already have -- that I use regularly.

Common sense, I know...  winky.gif

#4 of 4 Old 03-08-2012, 01:43 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have 6 Fiesta teacups with saucers.  I actually don't use any but I store them on my kitchen window sill as a decoration.  I made some felted red hearts which I store in them.  It looks really cute!

treehugger.gif mama to flower.gif and stillheart.gif and baby.gif

femalesling.GIF  bfinfant.gif  familybed1.gif

Tags
Decluttering

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page