Do you store canning jars in your garage or shed? What do you keep them in? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-17-2012, 06:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I have collected many canning jars over the years.  Some years I can, some years I can't.  (LOL).  But I do intend to can more in the future, and we will be moving, and I want to store and then move-and-store my jars.  (Don't try to talk me out of it.)

Do you have a good, organized way to store your jars?  I've gotten some boxes at our local grocery that formerly held things like spaghetti sauce and salsa, that come with dividers and are the right size for pint or quart, but I don't know if I can get more of them.  Right now my jars are in nice plastic tubs but I'd like to repurpose those tubs for book storage when we move.

(Yes, I plan to declutter both collections, but some will still be coming with us, and I can't afford more nice plastic tubs for the books.)

What do you do?  I am so afraid of the jars rattling around and breaking.  Also I need to be able to stack whatever they are in, and I would like a uniform kind of storage plan. 

Ideas?

- single homeschooling mom to 16, 14, almost-12, and 10
#2 of 3 Old 03-08-2012, 01:52 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I use most of mine all the time and any extras are stored in with my cups because we sometimes drink smoothies out of them.  I store a lot of my foods in the jars after taking them out of the packaging.  GF flours, baking soda, baking powder, dried fruti, rice, etc. 

treehugger.gif mama to flower.gif and stillheart.gif and baby.gif

femalesling.GIF  bfinfant.gif  familybed1.gif

#3 of 3 Old 03-08-2012, 05:27 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Well... I'd ask the grocery store if they can save boxes for you.  Maybe meet the stocking manager or receiving manager and see what they say (I'm assuming this is a small town,small store).

2nd option is use the tubs for the jars and get standard boxes for the books?

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

Tags
Organizing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page