Streamlining electronics - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-06-2012, 01:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm having an issue with (for my liking) way to many electronics in the house.

I would like to have ONE system that takes care of all our media needs.

I got rid of a partially broken mini stereo system yesterday. We were down to using one out of 3 functions

and for that it just took up to much space and collected to much dust. And that one function was used maybe twice a year.

I have an internet radio that we use from time to time.

We all have Iphones and Ipods that we use daily. 

Is there a system out there that combines radio/internetradio/stereosystem/iphone/ipod that I haven't seen yet?

Also the "kids"(17 and 19 lol) have blown thru a lot of speaker systems for ipod, alarm clocks with dockingstations, headphones for ipod and also for the computer. The amount of electronic trash that collects in this house is crazy!

But no matter how much money we spend on an item, it all seems to break within weeks/months. Headphones are really bad here... they don't last at all.

help.gif

#2 of 4 Old 04-15-2012, 04:08 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

What if your kids were to purchase their own speaker systems? Then they could take them with them when they leave home and they may be more likely to care for them in such a way that they don't break so quickly. My kids are young teens and they now use their gift and work money for any electronics and accessories they want. When we made that shift, it was astounding how headphones stopped getting "lost" every couple of weeks and how things stopped breaking all the time.

#3 of 4 Old 04-20-2012, 07:04 AM

My husband is a musician he uses his headphones A LOT. He finally upgraded to dr. dre. beats, and they still look BRAND NEW. 

- Mom to Baby Mark (9/18/10) and 4 wonderful dogs!
#4 of 4 Old 04-21-2012, 04:12 PM

I use my ipod touch for everything.  The speakers have an alarm function but I just use a little battery operated alarm clock.  I mostly listen to Pandora as I've gotten rid of most of my old CD's I was tired of listening too.  We have a DVD player but rarely watch TV anymore so I'd like to just get down to using the laptop for the occasional DVD from the library or a netflix membership.

treehugger.gif mama to flower.gif and stillheart.gif and baby.gif

femalesling.GIF  bfinfant.gif  familybed1.gif

Tags
Simplifying , Decluttering

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page