It never seems to end! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 04-25-2012, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just threw away bags and bags of junk, things we didn't use, old paperwork, etc. for spring cleaning a month ago. Today, my house looks no better than it did when I did a mass clean out. Does this happen to anyone else? I try so hard for nothing it seems :( I need a hug or reassurance I'm not the only one who feels like this lol!

Wife to DH dh_malesling.GIF(12.10.2009), Anchorage based doula joy.gif, Proud mama to Autumnblahblah.gif (09.03.2008), Sylas bouncy.gif(04.25.2010), angel1.gif(06.11.2012), Callioperainbow1284.gif(04.23.2013)

#2 of 8 Old 04-25-2012, 09:22 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Honey- its never ending.  Hugs and welcome to the club!

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#3 of 8 Old 04-25-2012, 09:24 PM

Nope, I'm right there with ya! It's neverending! :(

None of the ideas expressed above are actually mine. They are told to me by Luthor and Ferdinand, the five inch tall space aliens who live under my desk. In return for these ideas, I have given them permission to eat any dust bunnies they may find under there.shine.gif

#4 of 8 Old 04-26-2012, 07:57 AM

It doesn't end, but I've embraced that idea and just keep a constant goodwill box going. We take it in every two or so weeks and that alone has made a world of difference

#5 of 8 Old 04-27-2012, 12:03 AM - Thread Starter

I'm glad there's others who know what I'm going through lol! It frustrates me beyond belief. I constantly joke with my husband we could empty the house completely and in 2 weeks we'd accumulate everything back!

Wife to DH dh_malesling.GIF(12.10.2009), Anchorage based doula joy.gif, Proud mama to Autumnblahblah.gif (09.03.2008), Sylas bouncy.gif(04.25.2010), angel1.gif(06.11.2012), Callioperainbow1284.gif(04.23.2013)

#6 of 8 Old 04-30-2012, 07:40 AM

Ugh, I want be clutter free as well! It seems like a constant rotation of cleaning this room, decluttering that room, tidying the other room. . . . I'm trying not to accumulate things and regularly purge but extended family keeps buying things for dc.

Single mama to two wild and sweet toddlers 2/08
#7 of 8 Old 04-30-2012, 08:20 AM

You mean your spring cleaning lasted almost a whole month?? LOL. I wish I could catch the little invisible elves that come mess up and re-clutter my rooms when I'm not looking. I like the idea of a Goodwill box. I just wish I could de-clutter enough so that I had a place to put one. haha

#8 of 8 Old 05-02-2012, 08:49 AM

Oh yeah, I'm with ya! I'm going through a ton of items to sale at a garage sale right now and my house is a disaster! I keep thinking it will be so much better once I get rid of all of it, but the sad fact is, it hardly seems as though I've made a dent. It never seems to end!!!

read.gif Rachael~~SAHM to fairy.gif (4/27/06), diaper.gif (11/18/09) and babyf.gif (1/29/11); married to a fabulous man! flowersforyou.gif  intactlact.gif cd.gif    caffix.gif )O(

Tags
Decluttering

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page