Mothering Forum banner

need advice about decluttering (stuff for yard sale etc)

896 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Rrrrrachel 
#1 ·
This seems like it must be obvious but it is not for me.

I want to go through my closets and make a pile to sell at a yard sale or whatever. BUT where do I put this stuff? I feel this weird avoidance when I think of just stuffing everything in a garbage bag and putting in the carport. I an mot sure why. Anyone have some good ideas of where to put the things one is decluttering? I feel like I would like boxes but the only free boxes I know of are pretty small.

thnaks

#3 ·
Ask the supermarket for spare boxes?

One thing that helps me is to write an inventory of all the big items. Then I post it on Freecycle or the free section on CL and it's usually gone within a day or two. Or I drag all the large items out to the curb and even on my very quiet side street things still get swiped up quickly (just don't do this when rain is in the forecast, yuck!!)

Then the smaller items should fit nicely into garbage bags or boxes. Often I load the bags/boxes right into my car and drop them off at a donation point. I guess if you are want to SELL the items you'll need to designate a spot for them, which is one reason that I've tended to favor giving the items away.

#5 ·
I have a space in my attic for all of my yard sale stuff. A whole corner of the space is designated because I keep all of the things that don't sell at a particular yard sale so that I can sell them again at the next one. I use a combo of boxes, totes, and garbage bags to hold everything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.