Basket large enough to store toilet paper - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 07-22-2012, 06:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm hoping to reorganize the shelves in our laundry room soon, and I am looking for suggestions of baskets that are large enough to store toilet paper.

I usually buy in bulk at Sam's, right now we always just tear open the bag and grab out of it as needed. I want something a little more streamlined.

What/how do you store toilet paper? I prefer non-plastic containers, but looking for any suggestions right now! And if it an be purchased from Ikea, even better....I'm planning a shopping trip there this week!

I am also a lover of books reading.gif, treehugger treehugger.gif, and occasional soapbox stander! soapbox.gif

#2 of 8 Old 07-22-2012, 07:18 AM

I've always thought a picnic basket would be cute for storing TP. I store our's in the cabinet above the toilet though.

Madalyn military wife to Chris & proud momma to Jonas 5/17/09
#3 of 8 Old 07-22-2012, 08:43 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

How about a pallet?  There are always Craigslist ads for free pallets around here.  

Living and loving in ATX with DH (of 7 years) and DS (3.5)
#4 of 8 Old 07-24-2012, 01:43 PM

I bought wicker baskets at Target to store toilet paper at our office and house.  I have large ones at the office that hold one of those huge packages because there is plenty of floor space.  For the house, I have ones that fit on the back of the toilet, these being long and sort of skinny, just the right size to sit on top of the tank.

Mom to DS, born fall 05 after ,,, wife/best friend to DH We have
#5 of 8 Old 07-24-2012, 04:36 PM

We use the bottom of the linen closet to store a large package from Smart & Final, loose in neat rows to fit as many as possible with the last few crammed in. LOL Each bathroom has a spot for three rolls that can be reached while sitting on the loo: master = under sink; hall/kid = side of tank hook gadget; powder room = cabinet above toilet. Between the four areas, we can store one large package before they are completely empty...

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#6 of 8 Old 07-24-2012, 05:02 PM

I used a clothing hamper, I got plastic, but they do come in wicker.  It was the only storage container that would fit the 24 rolls of TP and storing it in the bathroom was a must plus the hamper didnt look out of place in the bathroom.

#7 of 8 Old 07-24-2012, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter

I did find one at Target yesterday that works perfectly! It's a nice, sturdy, large rubber (along the lines of the material rainboots are made of) bin in a pretty blue color. I decided against wicker after all, because it is in the laundry room that no one really sees, and I didn't want to spend a lot of money on it.

I am also a lover of books reading.gif, treehugger treehugger.gif, and occasional soapbox stander! soapbox.gif

#8 of 8 Old 07-25-2012, 09:28 PM

Here's my solution, and it's from IKEA!  

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60176925/

We installed a GRUNDTAL hanger with 6 knobs in each bathroom for hanging hand towels, but they are terrific at holding extra rolls of toilet paper.  When I come home with a package, I load up each bathroom with 4 rolls on the GRUNDTAL hanger, and store the rest in my linen closet nearby.

Tags
Organizing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page