Home Management Binder - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-12-2012, 08:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

For those of you who use a home management binder, how do you categorize the different sections?

I have recently started compiling things into a binder, and I haven't labeled the categories yet, I still can't decide how I want it to be organized! I have a Daily Docket section in the front, and Emergency Information in the back. But then I get stuck on everything in the middle. For example, I filled out a blank month calendar page with our Master List of bill due dates, but now I can't decide if I want to keep it in the category with other calendars (daughter's school calendar, husband's call schedule, etc), or keep it in the finance section, which is where it is now. And where the other calendars should go, since it is not really enough to warrant it's own tab.

It would help me to see how other people have theirs categorized, so I can finally make a decision and label the tabs!

And yes, I am a perfectionist. And it is situations like this, when it becomes slightly paralyzing. Sheepish.gif In fact, it is usually my strive for perfection that makes the house so unorganized...I take on a task, at some point get frustrated that the end result is not exactly right, and then leave it (slightly better, but still a mess) to move on to another, less 'frustrating' organizing task. What can I say....I'm a work in progress! whistling.gif

I am also a lover of books reading.gif, treehugger treehugger.gif, and occasional soapbox stander! soapbox.gif

#2 of 4 Old 08-12-2012, 09:32 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Okay, so mine needs to be moved to a bigger binder or cleared out.  eyesroll.gif

My very first page is Emergency information and notes for babysitters that is a few pages long and includes a sheet on their favorite stuff, a typical day, and a page with "emergency supply checklist".

Then I have (in this order):

Housekeeping

Contacts

Health/Wellness

Crafts

Parenting

Other Ideas

Holidays

Take-out menus are in the Contacts section.

Of course, I see now a huge problem in that "Parenting" should be first and foremost for me.  *sigh*  Need to rearrange and redo.  It's been quite a while.  I'm noticing that some of the sitter notes are outdated...  bigeyes.gif

Heather - Wife , Mommy  & Health & Wellness Educator, Speaker & Consultant 

Dairy, soy & corn free with limited gluten... yes, really. And journeying towards peace.  Blogging about both.

Let me guide you to find the food and lifestyle choices...
#3 of 4 Old 08-12-2012, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyssaneala View Post

For those of you who use a home management binder, how do you categorize the different sections?

I have recently started compiling things into a binder, and I haven't labeled the categories yet, I still can't decide how I want it to be organized! I have a Daily Docket section in the front, and Emergency Information in the back. But then I get stuck on everything in the middle. For example, I filled out a blank month calendar page with our Master List of bill due dates, but now I can't decide if I want to keep it in the category with other calendars (daughter's school calendar, husband's call schedule, etc), or keep it in the finance section, which is where it is now. And where the other calendars should go, since it is not really enough to warrant it's own tab.

It would help me to see how other people have theirs categorized, so I can finally make a decision and label the tabs!

And yes, I am a perfectionist. And it is situations like this, when it becomes slightly paralyzing. Sheepish.gif  In fact, it is usually my strive for perfection that makes the house so unorganized...I take on a task, at some point get frustrated that the end result is not exactly right, and then leave it (slightly better, but still a mess) to move on to another, less 'frustrating' organizing task. What can I say....I'm a work in progress! whistling.gif

This is me! I skipped the tabs because of that. LOL! I just have emergency info, followed by daily to do, followed by monthly bill schedule. First aid info in the back.

Mom to: Honey (6/04) and Bunny (9/09)
#4 of 4 Old 10-15-2012, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

I am also a lover of books reading.gif, treehugger treehugger.gif, and occasional soapbox stander! soapbox.gif

Tags
Organizing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page