Arranging photos on a staircase - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-31-2012, 03:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi, want to arrange photos on a staircase wall.  My husband says it cant be done!!!!!  How do you do it?  Cant be done with a ladder as it would be unstable on different level of stairs so how cant it be done?   Thank you for any tips.

#2 of 3 Old 08-31-2012, 11:31 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
There are ladders available that allow you to place them on uneven steps and still be secure. Maybe a friend owns one? Or you could rent one from a tool rental place?

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35***40**

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#3 of 3 Old 09-01-2012, 08:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

welcome to mothering.com!

are the photos really large or are you talking about a large grouping? if not i cant see why they would need to hung above where you can reach. the middle of the picture is usually said to be about 58 inches from the ground level, that is average eye level, it can be adjusted if you all are way taller or shorter than that.  but yeah for large grouping the ladders that are made for stairs are the way to go.

hee is the kind of ladder that works with stairs http://www.homedepot.com/Building-Materials-Ladders-Multi-Position/h_d1/N-5yc1vZasew/R-203460212/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051#.UEInSkLWpRo

or there is a thing that can be added to one leg of a lean to ladder http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=202071192&storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&MERCH=REC%2d%5f%2dproduct%2d1%2d%5f%2d100658394%2d%5f%2d202071192%2d%5f%2dN#.UEIorULWpRo

there are a few products that help you put groupings together in a nice way if you feel overwhelmed by that, but most are pretty costly.

here is a nice guid to how to hang  pictures, i used the math to hang a whole house of fine art when i helped move a family member and it was super easy once you got used to it and the rooms looks amazing, it was the right height in all but a very few very tall pieces.  http://www.stellersgallery.com/resources/howtohang.asp

i also found this interesting tutorial after a quick google search  http://www.scrapnframes.com/SITE_EN/FRAMING/StairwayArrangement.html

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

Tags
Simplifying

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page