Mothering Forum banner

What to do with Underwear

908 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  4evermom 
#1 ·
DS recently had a big growth spurt so we've been going through all of his outgrown clothes. Normally, I donate all our old clothes, but I just wasn't sure what to do with DS' outgrown underwear. I felt weird donating it, but I felt wasteful throwing it away. I don't know if this makes a difference, but this was the underwear DS potty learned in so they have seen many an accident. However, they were clean and stain free. What should I do with it?

#2 ·
I would just put it in with the donation box. Depending on which organization you're donating to, they might be able to use it. If not, they'll throw it out just like you would if you didn't give it a try.

#4 ·
I give mine that are still in good condition to my daycare (along with any clothes I can't hand-me-down to friends and family) because they are always having accidents at a young age and sending kids home in loaner clothes that never return.

at one point they had to send my younger son home in a pair of 2T ruffly girl pants, and he was a size 5/6 at the time (despite being 3!) because thats all they had.

Figure its better than kids going naked, and since they rarely come back....

#5 ·
If they are really nice looking- especially if they are cute Gymboree ones or something, I donate them or gift them with other hand me downs to a friend.

If they are super faded, stained, or generally "done" then I throw them in the rag bin. They are great for cleaning up something gross and sometimes I just throw them away after a nasty mess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.