Books! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-18-2012, 06:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

That about says it. We have tons. I pass along lots to friends, but would really like to try to sell some of them. I have perfectly good books, most in new condition ( we have one gentle little boy, and very generous family members). I've tried Powell, but just listed 25 books and they will only take 3, for a grand total of $4. I don't really need paperback swap credits...

Thanks in advance!

#2 of 3 Old 11-18-2012, 12:45 PM

What about Craigslist or Facebook online yard sale groups? You could try selling through Amazon, ebay, half.com, or donate them to a library and be done with it. LOL! You could try selling them on here on the for sale or trade area.

Mom to: Honey (6/04) and Bunny (9/09)
#3 of 3 Old 12-03-2012, 06:35 PM

I too have TONS of books!  DH, DS (now 13) and I are all avid readers.  I did swap some of his books on swapmama and some of mine on a book swap site.  Plus I too pass books to my friends and my mom.  But still they were EVERYWHERE!  (and to be honest still are....it's an uphill battle I'm afraidhelp.gif).  My husband has boxes, and boxes of books from literally before we married (14 years ago) that in 20 years or so he was thinking he would take down from the attic and read againduh.gif.  He has finally agreed that he can find these books FREE now online!  So out they go (as we uncover them amoung the rest of our junk)

To help solve my own addiction,  I have got a Fire last Christmas and read about 1/2 of my books on there (that 1/2 less paper backs).  My mom has a bag of books about every couple months for me but I look through it now and only take the most interesting 4 or 5 (instead of 15 or 20). 

This weekend we were cleaning out the garage (it's a nightmare too!)  I had a computer paper box FULL of DSs books he had outgrown.  I apparently had tried to sell them at a local consignment sale and these are the books that did not sell....well as much as it pained me to do it, into the Salvation Army box they went.  I reassured myself that somewhere out there there is a little boy who will love these books as much as DS did.  And I found a HUGE box full of MY books either from a library sale or my mom...they have been there for a couple years so straight to Salvation Army they go too (oh the pain!bawling.gif)

Next up, the countless recipe books and magazines I have laying around!  I am going to use my hand held scanner and will be scanning and printing the couple recipes in each book I just have to have and put them in a binder then I will pass the book along to co-workers or my momthumbsup.gif

Tags
Simplifying , Decluttering

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page