2013 in 2013 - Page 19 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-01-2013, 07:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm having such a hard time finding stuff to declutter....!!! My house is not crowded at all and i'll have to start decluttering things i'm attatched to even though we dont actually use them. We got some nicd gifts for he house from MIL last time she came to vsit and i might just start giving away the extra ones. She actually gave us 97 gifts because we had just moved in to this new house. That means i have doubles of some things and some really cute knick knacks i really dont plan on displaying.

Right now i'm 75/590, wich is a lot slower than i intended, so i guess i'll just have to declutter faster!eyesroll.gif

You guys wish me luck!

Brazilian; married to dp; currently on the adoption list (fingers crossed!); interested in minimalism and simple living; rusty english.
2014 in 2014 : 131/2014
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2013, 07:28 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Mb what about paperwork or magazines?
Old 10-03-2013, 04:53 AM

Old total: 580/2013

6 tops

sarong

shorts that I no longer fit...depressing but so be it
random cardboard container i kept small change in for no apparent reason

lollies that my body can do without eating

box that iPad mini came in...not sure why I kept it!
5 old pyjamas

holey jumper

poncho

New total: 598/2013

SAHM to three
Old 10-06-2013, 11:07 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

178 starting

5 stuffed animals

5 bras

20 things my  mother brought with her that I threw away before even getting upset abotu it

Sent 6 completed crafts back with mom for xmas gifts plus 3 baby gifts (9 total)

217/2013

$10

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

Old 10-08-2013, 12:18 AM

Old total: 598/2013

Old toys x 27
wallet
22 expired cards
old medication x 2

pile of old papers
expired script
calendar
old receipts

ruler
dog toy

box that electric toothbrush came in
3 packs of breakfast drinks
25 pantry items doing a big clear-out
another pile of papers

tangled old costume jewellery
old reading glasses

mirror
bag of clothes x 5

old handbag

total: 695/2013

SAHM to three
Old 10-08-2013, 11:02 PM

old total: 695/2013

toy wheelie bug
pogo stick

kids book

leap pad

2 pairs shorts

2 backpacks

hat

50 clothes items
old chanel compact
2 tubes handcream gone yuck
3 magazines

total 760/2013

SAHM to three
Old 10-09-2013, 07:20 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Decluttering kind of took a stand still since DH was retrenched over 2 weeks ago, but I started to get back into it yesterday and today. A garbage bag full of clothes have left. There were 60+ items in there, but I'm going to keep it at a solid 60 for counting purposes. There were also a further ~ 30 general home and toy items and 23 tops/pants that were given to me by family that I decided were not my style (i.e. looked awful on me) after all. To say I'm sick of looking at clothes is an understatement.. Can't wait to rid of more tomorrow! Even my clothes horse 4yo DD told me today that she was and I quote "sick of all these clothes everywhere".

2156 / 2013

Me: DH:

Our babies: Our researcher Our comedian Our boundless energy Our streaker Our cuddly bear
Old 10-09-2013, 02:22 PM

Joining in kinda late but I've been participating from the sidelines since last year. I have already decluttered 2049 items (kept track on my blog) this year due to a couple of moves into much smaller places but now I have to start a new wave of decluttering just because once again we find ourselves with more things than we can comfortably fit in the place we have.

Starting a new count:

gave away 20 moving boxes and 6 bottles of partially used face cleaners to someone who needed them

donated 66 books

Gave my daughters 148 household items for their new apartment

Threw away or recycled 26 items (broken sunglasses, old toiletries, boxes from our moves, old year books etc)

Sold 54 books, 5 collectible pins and one lanyard

NEW TOTAL: 326

2852 things gone & $2098.11 recuperated in 2013

3445 things gone & $2201.34 recuperated in 2012

Old 10-10-2013, 05:39 AM

I've been working for 8 hours non stop :dizzy on the clothes and I'm happy to report that not only are the clothes no longer a conglomerate of colors taking up half of our bedroom (they're now categorized and folded), but a further two full garbage bags have been packed for drop off..

That's another 128 items of clothing I will no longer have to  hang.gif  

I've reached my maximum for today.. Need to do more tomorrow as I've got another two tubs of clean clothing to go through plus ALL the laundry that is yet to be done. 

2284 / 2013

Our babies: Our researcher Our comedian Our boundless energy Our streaker Our cuddly bear
Old 10-10-2013, 05:40 AM

StillMe, welcome!! Congrats on reaching the 2013 goal already :) Do you have a link to your blog? I love reading decluttering blogs lol 

Old 10-11-2013, 05:23 AM

old total 760/2013

12 kids books
mens shirt

6 old pjs

2 old tops

2 art mags

bag of wrappers

tin of lipsticks

off handcream

2 bottles

new total 788/2013

SAHM to three
Old 10-11-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveOurBabies View Post

StillMe, welcome!! Congrats on reaching the 2013 goal already :) Do you have a link to your blog? I love reading decluttering blogs lol 

Thank you! :) 

You can read my blog at lifewithoutmanual.wordpress.com, but it's been just mostly for myself to keep track of how far I've come in the decluttering journey, so pretty borring. ;-)

I am at a stand still right now. I have pulled a few things out for donations and then I started feeling like I should try selling them instead even though they're not gonna be worth much. We need to come up with a lot of money by January 1st, and donating now makes me feel like I'm just throwing the money away. :(

2852 things gone & $2098.11 recuperated in 2013

3445 things gone & $2201.34 recuperated in 2012

Old 10-12-2013, 01:19 AM

Another 28 items gone.

2312 / 2013

Old 10-12-2013, 02:42 AM

old total 788/2013

old clothes x 3

bottle
5 baby toys
craft magazine
handbag

fish sauce

3 plastic things
shoe decorations
bangle

small purse
wooden bracelet
silk purse
Fancy Hairclip
body wash

cow beanie
sketchbook
tea cosy
wallet

new total 812/2013

SAHM to three
Old 10-13-2013, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillMe View Post

Thank you! :) 

You can read my blog at lifewithoutmanual.wordpress.com, but it's been just mostly for myself to keep track of how far I've come in the decluttering journey, so pretty borring. ;-)

I am at a stand still right now. I have pulled a few things out for donations and then I started feeling like I should try selling them instead even though they're not gonna be worth much. We need to come up with a lot of money by January 1st, and donating now makes me feel like I'm just throwing the money away. :(

Thanks so much for sharing! I will be sure to check it out :)

If you need the money, then sell the stuff and don't feel bad about it all.. even if it's only going to be worth $10 or $20 in the end, it's still a win win situation.

Old 10-13-2013, 03:09 AM

I've had a big decluttering day. 107 items have left! That's lots of clothes, car seat inserts, belts, kid costume jewelry, toys (soft and hard) and a bunch of random stuff. I'm so happy! I have been staring at this pile for over a year now (I kid you not) and it (and other stuff) was taking up our entire bath tub. The kids haven't had a bath in over a year. Okay, that sounds gross. They've been having showers, but not actual baths in the bath tub. It's all gone now! Bath tub is clear, been scrubbed within an inch of it's life and we celebrated by having a bubble bath lol

2419 / 2013

Old 10-14-2013, 07:02 AM

Wow, almost 4 months since my last post.  Since then, we had our garage sale, sold about 35 items and made $85 from it.  Was able to get rid of a garbage bag full of misc. items(23 items) and have totally lost steam since.  I probably won't make the 2013 goal, but I can keep pressing forward.  My mud room is full of items meant for consignment as craigslist, I hope to get as much of that done before the holidays

437/2013

Sold=$185.90

Mom to DS#1 and DS#2 fencing.gif
Old 10-15-2013, 05:01 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

30 clothes to a friend

237/2013

$10

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

Old 10-17-2013, 05:40 AM

old total 812/2013

ten old pairs undies
ten magazines

45 x  random annoying things binned from my desk...yay!  

total 877/2013                                                                                

SAHM to three
Old 10-17-2013, 08:36 AM

How do we get so many weird items in desks and miscellaneous drawers?
Old 10-18-2013, 09:25 AM

It's been a while since I've checked in but I've still been clearing things out.

Our school had a big rummage sale which helped get me motivated again to start counting stuff.  

Donated 300 items

Trashed 35 

Consignment 15 

Total: 1265/2013

I still have a lot of clutter it seems but I am noticing a difference.  I think that these final 748 might be the toughest to find before the end of the year. 

Old 10-18-2013, 09:48 AM

MamaRuga congratulations. It must feel so wonderful to be reclaiming your feeling of space and organization. Every bag I send out if the house makes me happy.
Old 10-19-2013, 04:39 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

1 baby towel

3 baby outfits

2 blankets

4 toys 

to a friend of a friend expecting her first 

5 board games returned to their rightful owner!

New total 465/2013 - slow and steady - feeling like I will surpass my goal of beating last year's total

Breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling momma to two. 420/2014 items in decluttering challenge (643 items gone last year 2013, 625 gone in 2012) Ramsey's BS1 $86.88
Old 10-19-2013, 06:06 AM

Ok, back on the wagon today.
Old total 462 - I thought it was a bit higher but oh well.

An expecting friend is coming so newborn baby stuff is outta here! Will post details later
Old 10-19-2013, 08:34 AM

Isn't it great to be able to pass on baby/kids clothes to people you care about. I find myself culling things that still fit but are not used regularly much more easily.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springshowers View Post

Isn't it great to be able to pass on baby/kids clothes to people you care about. I find myself culling things that still fit but are not used regularly much more easily.
Absolutely! Here's what she scored:
1 baby swing
1 carseat with base
1 nursing pillow
~50 baby clothing items

462 + 53 = 515 out of 2013

Here's what she's picking up in the future (have to pack/organize some of this still and I'll count it when it leaves the house)
Crib, mattress and bedding
A boat load of baby bottles (I EPd in the beginning with DD1), bottle sanitizer ... She plans to bf but will want to express here and there.
More clothes and maybe toys/books.

I do love that they'll be getting a second life. I hope my bottles don't end up sabotaging her nursing but well they were needed here and there with both my nurslings. I also love knowing that she'll start out with a quality, safe carseat rather than trusting a stranger on kijiji.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:06 PM

skycheattraffic, that's really kind of you! I always gave away my baby stuff as soon as they outgrew them too (it was always going to be my "last" baby). :) With the last babe though, I held onto the items for that little bit longer. I think it worked and warded off the pregnancy fairy. 

mamaruga, awesome effort at getting 300 items out of the house!

orangemomma, slow and steady wins the race!

springshowers, how are you going love? 

I'm going okay here with my decluttering. Only a couple more items have left but I won't count those. Going to try and do a little bit more today. 

Old 10-20-2013, 01:03 AM

Loveourbabies it's partly selfish. We had vague plans to pass things on to her, then I got fed up with my house and texted her that stuff is going, so if she wants it, come get it in the next two weeks lol. She was right over wink1.gif. Already the house seems more roomy. The baby swing particularly was a beast! I held on to it but unlike DD1, DD2 doesn't care for it. I have better luck putting her on the floor where she can see big sis while I run to the bathroom lol
Old 10-20-2013, 03:00 AM

LOL! Nope not selfish, just efficient :)

How are you going with the little one? If it's any consolation, my kids never took to those swings either! I think the swinging motion freaked them out more than anything. Big sisters are great aren't they? I would put my DD2 down in front of DD1 and run to the bathroom as well. Those days are so crazy! :D Now.. If you have a third :wink DD1 and DD2 will entertain DC3 while you go to the bathroom for longer than 30 seconds. Something to think about:duck 

Old 10-20-2013, 05:28 AM

See DD1 LOOOOVED that swing. She'd nap in it or just hang out happily for like 20 minutes, fascinated by the mobile. DD2 has decided that she's a high end designer purse: loves to be worn lol. That's how she naps. She hates the car, DD1 loved it. Overall my only issue is using the TV waaay too much to keep DD1 entertained so I'm trying to wean down from that a bit - it's hard. Other than that things are pretty good. DD1 is going through a bit of a difficult phase but honestly I think it's pretty mild compared to some toddlers. She's never unsafe around baby, just more whiny/tantrummy and going through a potty regression. I really want to cull the toy flock because she plays more with fewer toys. She gets overwhelmed with too much and with Christmas around the corner we need the space. Grandparents mean well but NEVER listen. eyesroll.gif

Tags
Decluttering
User Tag List