2013 in 2013 - Page 23 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#661 of 677 Old 12-27-2013, 02:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Took the bags to goodwill today....woohoo

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#662 of 677 Old 12-27-2013, 04:23 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springshowers View Post

You have to start again as it is a new year!!!

I know that! What i meant to ask in a playfull way was if it's ok to start counting from 0 before december 31st! I'm somewhat new here and i don't want to break therules (if there are any, that is!)redface.gif

Brazilian; married to dp; currently on the adoption list (fingers crossed!); interested in minimalism and simple living; rusty english.
2014 in 2014 : 131/2014
#663 of 677 Old 12-28-2013, 09:23 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

oh my ... only three days to get there ...

dropped two plastic bags of books this morning to a private library ...

need to take pen and paper, & start adding some more stuff to get OUT of the flat within the next 24 hours .....

#664 of 677 Old 12-28-2013, 11:23 AM

Oh, wow, i've made it through 590! Took this day to tame the paper clutter and donate xmas stuff. 67 ornaments are gone (and i thought i was a minimalist! - guess when it comes to xmas, i'm not. At all!). The rest was all paper from my office at the clinic.

I already started the 2014 declutter and i'll be listing everything this time as it helps me stay motivated:
1 - 15 - Assorted papers and documents i no longer need
16 - Poetry book i really don't like
17 - Fancy deodorant i mo longer use
18 - Body lotion with overly girly smell (hate it)
19 - Body lotion that is close to its expiration date and i donated to a close friend (in Brazil all toiletries have expiration days, even when we dont open them)
20 - Hand moisturizer with a good smell that makes me get too nostalgic (wich i find unpleasant)
21 - Body splash that i've tryed to use but dont like at all

Brazilian; married to dp; currently on the adoption list (fingers crossed!); interested in minimalism and simple living; rusty english.
2014 in 2014 : 131/2014
#665 of 677 Old 12-28-2013, 08:43 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)

9 DVD's to half price books   $10

892/2013

$1061.47  (all of this is going to pay bills and past due accounts)

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#666 of 677 Old 12-29-2013, 03:18 AM

+ 36

1741 out of 2013

262 to go !!!

#667 of 677 Old 12-29-2013, 09:03 AM

+ 12

1753 out of 2013

250 to go !

#668 of 677 Old 12-29-2013, 07:34 PM

I think I've made it!!!

We are leaving tomorrow to visit my brother and his family for New Year.  So that means I have to get my 2013 done before we leave.

I did an intensive clearing out on Saturday and finished up today with over 700 more items!  Woo hoo!  

My question is, though, what if I can't actually get stuff out the door until after I come back.  Like I've got bags of old batteries to recycle but won't be able to get them to the recycle center until after the trip.  That still counts, right!?

Also, I may not drop off my donated items until I get back in 2014.  I realized that anything that I donate tomorrow is going to be a deduction from this years taxes.  It is such a small thing, I know, but XH and I will be filing jointly for this year, even though we have separated over a year ago.  I've donated so much stuff that can be a write off and donated a lot to my dd school's annual giving campaign.  XH refuses to give anything to support her school even though he values the education she gets there. I'm feeling frustrated about that since he is getting the benefit of my tax exempt donations.  So, I don't want to do my final run to Goodwill until 2014 so it can just be my write off!  Really it is a petty thing.  It really won't amount to that much in the big picture.  So maybe I should just drop it off in the morning.  Right now the point of the matter seems more important to me.  

Also, I have a few bags of baby stuff for a friend that I can't get to her until later in the week.  It still counts, though, right, even if it is sitting by my front door ready to leave? I'll see how much I can get out by the morning and then report back.

What I can count is:

Trash/recycling- 332

Stack of CDs and other items returned to XH- 40

Returned toys that found their way to my house from grandparent's house- 15

So, technically that is 1737/2013 (with 293 more items in bags waiting to leave the house).

#669 of 677 Old 12-29-2013, 11:51 PM

am sure "it counts" .... even if technically you will attend to the disposal of the various categories on your return ... as long as you DO attend to their disposal within a few days after your return !!!

i think i'm going to have a clear out tonight when the children are in bed .... there ARE 250 items i can get rid of in our flat, no problem .....

& it looks like i messed up my counting by just 10 items ...

but surely, i can find 260 items before Wednesday !!!

#670 of 677 Old 12-30-2013, 04:30 AM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
It most definitely counts! Congratulations!
#671 of 677 Old 12-31-2013, 12:02 AM

ho lala .... i wasted all of last evening doing other stuff ... & am now off shopping ....

will have to hurry about it this afternoon and tonight !!!!!!

#672 of 677 Old 12-31-2013, 10:52 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

4 children's books

4 items of clothing all donated.

This will be my last entry for 2013   643/2013 is my grand finale! I am pleased.

Off to subscribe to the 2014 thread

Breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling momma to two. 341/2014 items in decluttering challenge (643 items gone last year 2013, 625 gone in 2012) Ramsey's BS1 $18.31
#673 of 677 Old 01-01-2014, 01:20 AM

+ 4 last night = 1757 will be my number for 2013 ....

#674 of 677 Old 01-01-2014, 10:07 PM

Ok, a day late since we were out of town, but I DID IT!!!!

:joy

Before I left I was able to get everything out of the house (or down into my basement for donating when I returned).  I even got all of the trash and recycling to the curb.  I had my house cleaned top to bottom.  One of the cleaning women is pregnant and needed baby stuff, so I was even able to off load some of the stuff I was going to take to Goodwill without having to leave home!  

It feels so good!  There is still more that I can declutter, but for the moment I can say that just about every nook and cranny in the living part of my home has been gone through.  There isn't anything left here that I haven't consciously decided it would stay. I do want to keep simplifying, but at least I don't feel as overwhelmed. 

Now, my 2014 goal will be to get my STBX to move out all of his stuff in the basement.  There is so much stuff stuffed into the room down there it is a fire hazard. That will certainly meet the 2014 in 2014 goal... but I won't be the one doing the work (hopefully)!

Thanks for the support along the way!

Happy 2014, everyone!

#675 of 677 Old 01-02-2014, 02:49 AM

congratulations to you !

#676 of 677 Old 01-02-2014, 05:41 AM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
It must feel so wonderful given your earlier lack of control over what was in the house. Just imagine how clearing out the basement will feel. What are you going to do with the space when it is yours?
#677 of 677 Old 01-02-2014, 10:25 AM

I'm looking forward to having that space back. I'm feeling ready to shed the residue of the marriage and really make my home my very own space from top to bottom.  The 2013 challenge really gave me a boost!  

I have lots of ideas for the basement room.  I could have an art studio and start painting again.  Or I may put my office down there and some exercise equipment that wouldn't fit elsewhere in the house. That would free up a room upstairs so each DD could have her own room, if they need space later.  

The other idea is to renovate, if I can afford it, and put in a bathroom and mini-kitchen so that I could rent the room out for extra income.  Lots of ideas!  Mostly I'm excited that I will have my space back by this time next year!  

I've put into our separation agreement that he must move out his stuff by December 31, 2014 (it has already been over a year, so that seems generous, I think!).  If it isn't out by then, I will have movers pack it up and put it into storage for him.  One way or another it will be gone.  Then all of the space in the house will be mine ALL MINE to do whatever I want with!  :bouncy

Tags
Decluttering

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page