Mothering Forum banner

cleaning schedule

Tags
organizing
1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  IsaFrench 
#1 ·
Do you have a weekly/monthly/general cleaning schedule? I feel like I could be so much more productive of my kids' nap time, but I need a schedule. What kind of cleaning needs to be done once a week, or twice a month, or every day? It also might get my kids more inclined to help if I had something written and posted up somewhere.

TIA!

#4 ·
every day i

- wash up (by hand) and shine my sink (i mean i sanitize it with some product which i let sit a few minutes before rinsing)

- sanitize my toilet boil (and the spills, unfortunately, having NOT managed to get everyone to sit in there)

- wash the inside of the washbasing and of the bath

- usually run one load of laundry, fold the laundry from the day before (drying rack on a balcony or in a room if it rains)

- not yet currently doing = pick up every thing from floor every evening, make sure kids pick up all toys

- cook meal, try to make sure that i put together a salad with raw veggies in it (which supposes having shopped for said fresh veggies, i also sprout lentils and mung beans for my salads)

every week i

- wash all surfaces in the kitchen

- wash all surfaces in the bathroom

- vaccuum every where & mop all floors

now, i've been ill for a while so the weekly routine is not always happening these days (unless i get help)

i used to have montly routine (which is very hit and miss these days)

- wash windows

- dust (including baseboards)

- clean inside of the fridge/microwave

every 3 to 6 months i try to clean on top of the fridge + the cabinets in the kitchen and bathroom ...

also wash net curtains ...

#5 ·
good tips! so if you do cleaning once a week, do you try and do it all in one night (like vaccum, sweep, mop) or spread that out.

also, what do your kids help with?

#6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkksmom View Post

Clean Mama has some great printables, and she posts what to do each day of the week on Facebook. http://www.cleanmama.net/wp-content/uploads/blogger/-GE8U2tLE-lk/UKBX5iaq2TI/AAAAAAAAH0Q/x06DT4F0sbs/s1600/cleaning%2Broutine%2Bpic.png

http://www.cleanmama.net/
LOVE that pic with the schedule.

I listened to a workshop by the "Fly Lady" ( http://www.flylady.net/ ) She said it will change your unorganized life if you do one load of laundry a day, all 5 steps: separate, wash, dry, fold, put away

#7 ·
#8 ·
i wish i could do it all in one day for the weekly routine

but it rarely happens that way ... today i only did half of the bathroom

and yesterday i did a good chunck of the kitchen but not all of it either

am hoping to "finish" both tomorrow ... or the day after ? (depending on time available)

i like the "motivated mum" calendar approach => some days, besides the dailies, you might only have to clean ONE shelf of the fridge and a few other 5 minutes tasks and that's all ...

the help i got yesterday from my children was for cleaning some windows

and today i enlisted their help for picking up stuff from the floor and vaccuming

DH helped with the inside of the microwave today

i don't yet have regular assigned tasks for my children (part of my problem is my husband is not supportive of me asking the children to do stuff ....)

so it end up being mainly when i'm getting angry about not being helped that they get drafted in ....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.