2014 in 2014 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
First ... 3  4  5 6  7  ... Last
Organize & Declutter > 2014 in 2014
crazyms's Avatar crazyms 09:50 AM 01-19-2014

12 clothing items

2 crown bags stuffed with other bags 

1 misc raffle won item

30+ junk toy pieces that I stopped counting at 30 and dumped the rest of the box lol

= 45 + 101= 

 

New total 146//2013



reverendmother's Avatar reverendmother 11:45 AM 01-19-2014

1 pair old "units" black stretch pants

10 items = scrap paper, wrinkled post it notes and empty match books from the front hall drawer

 

I really need to purge the magazines in two baskets in my family room.  They sit on my trunk (coffee table) and just look a mess, but I want to read them, at least the ones that apply to my job.  HELP!

On the positive side I have no subscriptions to any magazines and only pick up my work related copy at work.

 

Does anyone know if its possible to scan articles and then place them on pinterest?


LoveOurBabies's Avatar LoveOurBabies 10:39 PM 01-19-2014

10+ items have left but I'll count 10. I've started a big clean up of the laundry and bathroom area and it's going to take a good two days before it's finished. 

 

174 / 2014


skyview222's Avatar skyview222 11:50 PM 01-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverendmother View Post
 

1 pair old "units" black stretch pants

10 items = scrap paper, wrinkled post it notes and empty match books from the front hall drawer

 

I really need to purge the magazines in two baskets in my family room.  They sit on my trunk (coffee table) and just look a mess, but I want to read them, at least the ones that apply to my job.  HELP!

On the positive side I have no subscriptions to any magazines and only pick up my work related copy at work.

 

Does anyone know if its possible to scan articles and then place them on pinterest?


Scanning for your own use without posting anywhere would be fine.  The librarian in me would suggest not posting on pinterest (copyright laws). 


skyview222's Avatar skyview222 12:01 AM 01-20-2014

My last post said 271/2014, but that was an error...it should have been 371/2014. 

 

Today's efforts:

372-404.  33 CDs, mostly burned/not purchased and old computer software--Trashed

405-412  7 motivational CDs gifted to someone else

413-418.  6 unlabeled CD roms I went through and didn't want--Trashed

 

New total:

418/2014

$0.00

 

Pending profits:  $42 in textbooks sold online, eBay auction up to $31 with 38h left and a pile of DVDs we plan to sell tomorrow. 

 

Does anyone else make a mess while decluttering?  I pull everything out and am slow to put it back.  I currently have half the living room floor covered with things I plan to keep, but not in the living room.  I make progress and a mess all in one.  lol


reverendmother's Avatar reverendmother 11:57 AM 01-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyview222 View Post
 


Scanning for your own use without posting anywhere would be fine.  The librarian in me would suggest not posting on pinterest (copyright laws). 


Thanks for the heads up.  With so many articles on pinterest I would never have thought about that.


crazyms's Avatar crazyms 12:17 PM 01-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyview222 View Post
 

Does anyone else make a mess while decluttering?  I pull everything out and am slow to put it back.  I currently have half the living room floor covered with things I plan to keep, but not in the living room.  I make progress and a mess all in one.  lol

 

Here! I try to work on tiny areas at a time to keep it down but yes I definitely make a mess everything I declutter. It seems like the stuff that was a mess in one spot grew once I divide it up to where it needs to go. I'm working on some more cleaning and decluttering today. I hope to make some progress but we shall see.

 

Yesterday's additions: 

5 toys

3 prs. underwear tossed

2 decorations 

= 10+146 =

 

New total: 156/2013


skyview222's Avatar skyview222 05:40 PM 01-20-2014

Good day for decluttering progress...32 items plus some earned cash.

 

419-431.  13 DVDs sold for $9.50

431-439  9 cds donated, 1 trashed

440-444.  5 trash around the house

444-448  5 trash from the car

449.  1 old CD holder trashed

450.  1 audiobook sold for $11

 

450/2014

$20.50


LoveOurBabies's Avatar LoveOurBabies 07:14 AM 01-21-2014
I just cleared the laundry bench and EIGHTY items have left. What in the world were 80 unnecessary items doing on my bench?? Stuff just multiplies in this house! I scrubbed the bench down and ahhh.... so calm.

I have yet to finish decluttering the laundry area as there is a ton of washing I wasnt able to get to and I'm sure I'll find more stuff to part with in those piles.

254 / 2014
Springshowers's Avatar Springshowers 07:31 AM 01-21-2014
My bedroom dresser tops were like that too. And all the stuff I didn't get rid of had proper homes in other areas of the house.
zebra15's Avatar zebra15 11:59 AM 01-21-2014

returned 4 books

taking a bag of clothes to a friend tonight (8)

 

72/2014

$0.00


skyview222's Avatar skyview222 08:37 PM 01-21-2014

5 total today

451. 1 Scrabble Jr. board game purchased for work last summer finally went to work

452-455 4 general trash picked up around the house

 

My eBay auction ended for $69.00.  woohoo.  After I pay the shipping, I'll add my profit. 

 

455/2014

$20.50


zebra15's Avatar zebra15 10:21 PM 01-21-2014

1. kitchen gadget

2. happy meal toy

3. junk left at post office

 

75/2014

$0.00


LoveOurBabies's Avatar LoveOurBabies 12:10 AM 01-22-2014

1 blanket

1 pillow

2 sheets

4 christmas stockings

1 toy

17 items trashed (beyond use)

 

280 / 2014

 

More to come tomorrow.. (hoping to rid of 20 things at least)

 

An article that motivates me to declutter.. Hope it helps someone else too:

 

http://mnmlist.com/the-true-cost-of-stuff


skyview222's Avatar skyview222 05:46 PM 01-22-2014
Quote:
 

 

An article that motivates me to declutter.. Hope it helps someone else too:

 

http://mnmlist.com/the-true-cost-of-stuff

good article...the list at the end is thought-provoking.

 

I keep meaning to tell you I love your babies' description in your signature.


LoveOurBabies's Avatar LoveOurBabies 09:02 PM 01-22-2014

33 items so far.. mixture of trashed and put aside for donation. 

 

313 / 2014

 

I've just started on the clothes inside my room and I want to let go of 60 items of clothing today. We still have too much and I want to pare down even further. I'll be back later with an update! 


LoveOurBabies's Avatar LoveOurBabies 03:17 AM 01-23-2014

82 items of clothing are leaving! YAY! But it doesn't seem to have made a dent in the piles of cloth. :( I still have far more than I can comfortably store (which I've decided will be my limit in determining how much we can keep). I'm going to go through more clothes tomorrow and see if I can do another 50. If 50 more leave the house, then it just might be good to go in terms of storage. 

 

395 / 2014


LoveOurBabies's Avatar LoveOurBabies 03:19 AM 01-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyview222 View Post
 

good article...the list at the end is thought-provoking.

 

I keep meaning to tell you I love your babies' description in your signature.

 

Thank you!! :love I find the emoticons display their personalities perfectly (yes, I do have a mooner :o and a child who simply won't sit still.. or shut up). 


skyview222's Avatar skyview222 05:10 AM 01-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveOurBabies View Post
 

82 items of clothing are leaving! YAY! But it doesn't seem to have made a dent in the piles of cloth. :( I still have far more than I can comfortably store (which I've decided will be my limit in determining how much we can keep). I'm going to go through more clothes tomorrow and see if I can do another 50. If 50 more leave the house, then it just might be good to go in terms of storage. 

 

395 / 2014


Have you seen thredup.com ?  I have a few pieces of clothing I am going to consign to them.  They give you a prepaid postage bag to mail your clothes.  I don't know how it compares to local-type consignment stores, but it seems easier. 


FrugalGranolaMom's Avatar FrugalGranolaMom 07:55 AM 01-23-2014

headband

banana hanger

3 pairs of pjs

3 Christmas decorations

 

104/2014


zebra15's Avatar zebra15 11:53 AM 01-23-2014

Used 3 skiens from yarn stash to make a valentines present and will send present off next week.... (have a minor yarn problem)

 

 

78/2014

$0.00


LoveOurBabies's Avatar LoveOurBabies 03:02 PM 01-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyview222 View Post
 


Have you seen thredup.com ?  I have a few pieces of clothing I am going to consign to them.  They give you a prepaid postage bag to mail your clothes.  I don't know how it compares to local-type consignment stores, but it seems easier. 

 

I haven't, no. But I don't think they would take clothes from overseas. :) Thanks anyway :) I'm okay with donating, but I just cant seem to decide what's necessary and I'm not sure if I've actually reached the point where we can't do with any less. My main issue is that I just don't have space to store all the clothes anymore. There are bags of clothes piled in front of the cupboards and I'm tired of looking at them. Not sure what to do at this point except to try and keep decluttering.. I'm going to try for 20 clothing items today and perhaps 30 over the weekend.


skyview222's Avatar skyview222 07:31 PM 01-23-2014

455-456. repurposed packing box and night cream sold on eBay shipped--$59.01

457-473.  bathroom counter clutter trashed

474-478 trash in car

 

478/2014

$79.51


LoveOurBabies's Avatar LoveOurBabies 11:17 PM 01-23-2014

I think having a number to get rid of worked well in terms of motivation. I first walked in the room looking at everything and thinking it can all stay because it's all "useful".. I basically got nowhere for 15 minutes.. so I left the room and told myself that 20 items had to go, whether they could stay or not! I owed it to myself to follow through (which I'm pretty shit at). So I managed to weed some stuff out from the piles. I have 21 less items in that room now! Tomorrow I intend on doing another 15 and a further 15 on Sunday (as more clean washing makes it's way through from the laundry).

 

416 / 2014


skyview222's Avatar skyview222 07:43 PM 01-24-2014

79 obvious-to-get rid of items in the bedroom today; will continue the bedroom tomorrow.  It would be nice to say the master bedroom is a romantic, relaxing space...

 

1 library book--returned

 2 empty boxes in the pantry--trashed

13 misc junk in nightstand--trashed

7 magazines--trashed

20 trash behind/around nightstand

33 junk under bed--trashed

1 book--donated

1 old cell phone--donated for recycling fundraiser at work

1 plastic bracelet--donated

 

558/2014

$79.51


crazyms's Avatar crazyms 12:19 PM 01-25-2014

Got rid of some junk today:

 

4 broken pens + 1 stack of junk paper from desk

son chunked one ripped sock

6 unused toiletries from bathroom

 

That's 12 more items gone. + 156 previous total =

 

168/2014.

 

Headed off to work on more today before work. I do have some other things I've set aside but I'll count and add them when they are walking out the door so they don't mysteriously make their way back into the house.


PeacefulSeams's Avatar PeacefulSeams 03:32 PM 01-25-2014
Moved all my garage sale items to my shed today. 496 items so far!
LoveOurBabies's Avatar LoveOurBabies 01:18 AM 01-26-2014

23 random small toys from backyard

4 large items from backyard

2 yukky pantry items

 

445 / 2014

 

I didn't get a chance to go through the clothes since Friday, but I'm hoping to attend to it tomorrow. 


LoveOurBabies's Avatar LoveOurBabies 02:03 AM 01-26-2014

I'm happy to say that I'm going to add more items from my decluttering rampage that just took place in the garage.

 

1 pair of shoes.. saw them outside and remembered how much I hated wearing them.. trashed as they were really worn

1 small piece of furniture.. I haven't used it in over 6 months and have no need for it.. donation

Christmas lights that were busted.. going to recycling

3 cushions.. going to animal shelter

 

451 / 2014


LoveOurBabies's Avatar LoveOurBabies 04:37 AM 01-26-2014

This is my last update for today - promise! 20 more items cleared from the bathroom. I have spied a few more that can go, but that's a job for tomorrow.

 

471 / 2014


Tags: Decluttering
First ... 3  4  5 6  7  ... Last

Up