Mothering Forum banner

2014 in 2014

16K views 346 replies 34 participants last post by  Curlyfry7 
#1 ·
Here is our thread for 2014. The goal is to sell/donate/throw away 2014 things over the year.

Here is where you can download the chart! You need to register to download it.

http://www.nourishingminimalism.com/2013/12/2014-in-2014-decluttering-challenge.html

It sounds like a lot but if we average 5-6 things a day we will get there!

I feel like I did so much this year but I know I can do it again. Who else wants to join?

#207 ·
OK. So I'm slower than molasses...

about 40 pieces of paper and 6 catalogs. I think my previous post had about 15 items. We've pulled some of DD's old shoes to donate/trash, but I'll count them when I actually get them out.

Total = about 61

I told DD that I would like to get the house ready to sell, even if we don't end up listing it, so I'd like to get 2000 things out by the end of May. Not sure if I'll make it, but it's a goal.
:wink

#209 ·
Went to coinstar $7.47 towards dinner at Red Robin and recycled the container

fighting a never ending paper battle, both at home and in the car?? (10)

13 items from my closet bagged and ready to pass on to a friend (dang celic makes all my clothes too big)

154/2014
$7.47

#215 ·
toss/recycle/compost

1 can of leftover deck paint, 2 cans of spray paint, 5 bottles of expired medicine, and 1 bottle of nail polish remover from the 90s to the Hazardous Waste Depot
1 jar of expired diaper rash cream
1 loofah sponge
1 T-shirt of H's that should have been thrown out years ago

Give away/Donate

a mei tai sling to H's co-worker

Returned

A poker mat thingie back to H's co-worker
1 pair of shoes
1 skirt

74/2014

#217 ·
4 holey socks (and matched 20 pairs of socks so they are not usable again and the orphan sock bag is nearly empty.)

3 papers from vacation last summer T

fiance's chelsea football league banner--donated

cloth laundry bag--donated

12 trash on closet floor

37 pieces of clothing--donated or consigned with thredup.com (I am in the process of boxing up my clothes that I don't need to see until post-pregnancy. I anticipate getting rid of a lot more later once I know what my post-baby body will be, but nice not to have them hanging in the closet when they are currently useless. I filled a tall hamper of work and winter clothes and made a separate box of summer clothes so it will be easier to access when I'm ready.)

+ 31.25 check received for textbooks sold

+6.33 paypal payment from textbook buyer

936/2014

$175.50

#224 ·
12 items of clothing to my nephew

1 baby item returned for something we would use

1 sweater to the donation pile

=138 gone

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.