Mothering Forum banner

2014 in 2014

16K views 346 replies 34 participants last post by  Curlyfry7 
#1 ·
Here is our thread for 2014. The goal is to sell/donate/throw away 2014 things over the year.

Here is where you can download the chart! You need to register to download it.

http://www.nourishingminimalism.com/2013/12/2014-in-2014-decluttering-challenge.html

It sounds like a lot but if we average 5-6 things a day we will get there!

I feel like I did so much this year but I know I can do it again. Who else wants to join?

#3 ·
Coppyed from the old thread:

"I've already started the 2014 declutter and i'll be listing everything this time as it helps me stay motivated:
1 - 15 - Assorted papers and documents i no longer need
16 - Poetry book i really dong't like
17 - Fancy deodorant i no longer use
18 - Body lotion with overly girly smell (hate it)
19 - Body lotion that is close to its expiration date and i donated to a close friend (in Brazil all toiletries have expiration dares, even when we dont open them)
20 - Hand moisturizer with a good smell that makes me get too nostalgic (wich i find unpleasant)
21 - Body splash that i've tryed to use but dont like at all"

#9 ·
This is a great idea. I'm in! I think I'll make my own chart because I already get too many newsletters. I'm also trying to declutter my email inbox, LOL.

#11 ·
Joining again, for the 4th year. I *think* if I get to the goal, I will have the house where I want it to be...or at least I hope so. My year really goes from Christmas to Christmas, so I have started for the 2014 year today, cleaning out some of the kids' bathroom drawers:
18-old toothbrushes, expired meds, other junk, all trashed

18/2014...good to get started again!
smile.gif

#13 ·
I'm in and I have already started. Since we have a city wide garage sale weekend in April...all of my items are being stored in the garage until then but at least they are out of the house!

1 garbage bag kids clothing (50 items)

2 boxes kitchen items like plates, bowls cups etc. (40 items)

1 box toys (10 items)

4 winter coats

3 pairs baby shoes

1 box baby items (20 items)

1 pair crutches

128/2014

#18 ·
4. pantry item that was given to us this afternoon... went right into the trash

5. another pantry itemt hat was given to us this afternoon... went right into the trash

6. tossed 2013 wall calendar

7. tossed 2013 wall calendar

8. tossed advent calendar, no matter how cute the Eric Carle thing is... we are NOT keeping it...served a purpose and recycled.

8/2014

$0.00

Prevention of clutter gets points this year as well.

#20 ·
Joining! A new baby in July means an extra person to declutter after. I'm not going to list details this time because as much as I enjoyed it last year, it did slow me down. I'm collecting a buttload of baby stuff for a pregnant friend and I'll tally that but won't add it to the total until she picks them up
smile.gif

Lets get crackin', ladies <3

0/2014

#21 ·
I've already gone through most of the books for giveaway, so that box is ready to go. I also have a bunch more. I was going to list them on amazon, but that is so slow that I think I'll just give them to the local goodwill.

I'm also already collecting clothes that the kids have outgrown and that the adults have either worn too much or we just don't wear. I have a box of books that I'm saving to send to my brother in prison - mainstream fiction, writing technique and inspirational types, so that will leave eventually (3-6 books every two months). We will also be getting rid of cheap toys as they break, I'm sure.
:p

I'm not planning on getting money from my decluttering, but if it happens...
:D

0/2014

#26 ·
I've joined this thread every year for the past 3yrs and have never stuck with it. Well, I'm attempting year #4
:shy
We NEED to declutter. We now have 6 children and 2 adults in our home, 4 of the children are girls who will eventually be sharing 1 room.

This year my theme for the year is "CONTENTMENT". I'm striving for contentment in all aspects of my life. Decluttering my home to open up spaces, repair usable items while getting rid of unusable items, and generally "blooming where we're planting" all go hand in hand with fostering our family's contentment.

I start tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.