Fresh Start - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-21-2014, 07:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

After having endured some personal tragedy over the past 3 months, I am starting over with a lot in my life. I never was a clutter bug but I am wanted a clean slate and that means getting rid of several bags of things in my life.

I am going through and pulling out whatever I have not used in the past 6 months. I figure the past 6 months are the best snapshot of my life, with the holidays and a nice mix of normal life. I live in Texas, so I can account for warm weather items in this list.

So far, so good. 4 bags of stuff I thought I could never get rid of packed up and ready to go.

My plan is to paint the walls a nice warm white. I have lived with a lot of color and I need something more soothing and bright.

I am adding homemade curtains with rods as we have been living without since we moved in. I think it will go a long way in making the house feel more homey.

I have also FINALLY worked through a massive pile of random paperwork and it does take a little to keep the paper clutter down but I am a work in progress.

I will try and post pics later.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 04-23-2014, 10:39 PM

Mentioned: 209 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Oh hugs to you and how liberating to just let the " things" go!
#3 of 5 Old 04-28-2014, 06:42 AM

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

I am just emerging from a rough year too and feeling the urge to purge!  I have been on a de-cluttering mission the last few weeks and have packed up 5 boxes so far of mostly clothes but also toys and kitchen stuff that needs to go.  I look around these days and think "how could I have been living with all this stuff?"  It needs to go.  I need some space in my life right now.  Painting is on my list too. I have been thinking about yellow for my kitchen for about 6 months now (it is slate blue now).  

accountclosed15-  4 bags is an awesome start!  How is it going now?

#4 of 5 Old 04-28-2014, 08:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

First, I don't know how to get my name back. They put my account on hold and now it won't let me change it. LOL

It's going great. I filled up another bag. I also cleaned my Jeep, as in doing all the little details, so I feel pretty driving. It's the little things!!

I am going through my clothes one more time. I think I have come up with a personal style I would like to stick with. That would mean many items in my closet would go but I am ok with that.

I did get through another large pile of papers at work. This is huge because I have a goal of having my office organized by May 1st. I dumped one of those desk sets and put what I truly used in a drawer with a separator. I work for a start up, so I called them my idea piles and now that things are more hammered out, I am taking just my own ideas and putting them in a binder to keep at home. The actual what we are using is being organized at my work office

#5 of 5 Old 04-29-2014, 05:28 PM

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Things are moving right along here too.  One of my goals is to get rid of one of my dressers; so far I have one empty drawer.  Which feels great.  :D  DH got into it this morning and cleared out a bag of clothes and more than half his shoes.  It was fun to do it together and share the feeling of clearing out the old to make room for a new day.  

Tags
Decluttering , Organizing , Simplifying

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page