To donate or yard sale - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 04-27-2014, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am in a toss it out mood!! Our house honestly can't store much more stuff. I have a ton of baby gear and clothes I can start getting rid of. My question is yard sale or donate? I decided for clothes anything that isn't of great value like snowsuit etc I will donate locally for sure, even with a yard sale there would just be too much.

He is the thing obviously live is busy and I would rather spend time playing with the family on a weekend morning but some cash would be nice. I am just trying to decide if it's worth the hassle or just find a pregnant person and say hey would you like all my stuff;)
#2 of 8 Old 04-27-2014, 01:25 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I would have a yardsale...then off to the side put a free table with the things you want to give away...A lot of people that yardsale don't have a lot of money and would probably love that table...
#3 of 8 Old 05-05-2014, 10:39 PM

My attitude is usually that unless you really badly need the money, or unless you have lots of free time, just donate.

#4 of 8 Old 05-15-2014, 07:19 PM

Yard sale...you could make it a family event. Have the kids sell some lemonade and help make signs. I am having one next week!

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" --Leonardo Da Vinci
 blogging.jpg  780/2014 decluttered

#5 of 8 Old 05-25-2014, 06:37 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

When I want something gone, I want it gone. It is much simpler to simply give things away than to hold on to it, price it, organize a garage sale and spend a day/weekend hoping it gets bought. Then what do you do with whatever is left over? I just donate my things.

#6 of 8 Old 06-12-2014, 12:12 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I just had a yard sale. I did it because I wanted my daughter to feel the tears of getting rid of stuff, in her case $30 to spend on a new toy after she filled a box with old toys.

That being said it was a tin if work, we still had most of the stuff when we were done and we made about $200 in two days... Not worth it monetarily...

Next time I may take a few boxes of kids stuff to the flea market with my best friend and our older kids... But no more yard sales...
#7 of 8 Old 06-13-2014, 09:35 PM

These days I just donate everything....gets it all out of the house faster. As it is, that takes long enough as I have to wait till I have the time to fill the car with stuff and drive it to the charity collection bins. I don't like having garage sales ever since I had one about 25 years ago, that scarred me for life haha....very stressful!

I used to ebay things but no more...I realised the huge amount of energy and time I was putting into it was not worth it for the monetary return. I won't bother listing anything again unless it is a valuable item.

SAHM to three
#8 of 8 Old 06-19-2014, 03:07 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I am in the same situation. We are moving to a much smaller space and we just can not keep all the stuff we have collected. It's too much for THIS space. I just don't think we will get enough money to make it worth it and I feel like after hours of pricing and setting up and sitting in the 98F heat, I am just going to end up hauling it off to Goodwill anyway.

Tags
Decluttering , Simplifying

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page