HELP: Should we keep this monster printer? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-03-2014, 11:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question HELP: Should we keep this monster printer?

I'm trying to get rid of stuff and declutter our home as good as I can before we move in about a month. Our printer broke a couple of days ago and we needed a new one asap. My DH did the research and we picked one up yesterday. Well, the box was big, but we thought it's just packaging. But, as it turns out this this is HUGE! Well, at least much bigger than our last one. It will take up a lot of space. I'm debating whether or not we should exchange it for something smaller but not as sturdy and well rated. We are getting ready to move and have a lot of things to do and the store is not around the corner. It would be at least a 30 min. ride one way. HELP! I'm overwhelmed and just can't make the decision. We need a good printer/scanner and this seems to be a good one, but it's just so dang big.

Anyone btdt? What did you decide? What would you do?

We live in Europe, there is no way I can hide this monster in a closet!
#2 of 3 Old 06-04-2014, 10:08 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I have a 'monster' printer and love it. its a printer, scanner, copier, fax and laser printer so its 'easy' on the toner. I use less than one toner a year. Yes its huge but that size is a very small price to pay for all the printing we do. I think you will find most decent printers are huge these days - at least in the US they are. I've learned to live with it, make peace iwth it and actually love that thing.

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#3 of 3 Old 06-05-2014, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thank you, Zebra15 for replying to my post. I've decided that it is waaay to big and bulky for us (it wasn't a laser printer otherwise I would have kept it) That the hassle to return it is worth the space and nicer "look" of our office.

My DH bought another one, much smaller and white which will blend in much better. I hope it will serve us well. We don't need the printer a whole lot. It was a hard decision though. I'm usually all for versatility and quality over beauty.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page